Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #15
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
40 flat.
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #16
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
seems funny that that this kind of stuff is always happening to certain people.

and I don't for one minute think a GM dealer would charge only $500 to replace the fuel injectors.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #17
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
The injectors were working fine before the engine blew. Sounds like the dealer f'ed up putting it back together. Then again the engine shoudnt have blown in the first place. Get GM customer service on the phone asap. You have a definate lemon. You need a new car if they don't fix this asap.

Last edited by PercyJWellingtonIII; 01-20-2012 at 12:26 AM.
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #18
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Why are they charging you for a warranty item?
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #19
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg_98ta View Post
Fuel injectors are not covered under powertrain warranty, but they should be covered under bumper-to-bumper if under 3 years/36K miles.

http://www.chevrolet.com/owners/warranty
I'm sorry clg but this link doesn't give the whole story. The whole story on the engine section of the 5/100k Powertrain warranty is as follows:

Engine Coverage Includes: All internally lubricated parts, the entire pressurized fuel system (in-tank fuel pump, pressure lines, fuel rail(s), regulator, injectors and return line). Also included are all actuators and electrical components internal to the engine (i.e.: Active Fuel Management Valve Lifter Oil Manifold, etc.) as well as the Engine/Powertrain Control Module, module programming, cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer, engine mount, starter motor, turbocharger and supercharger. Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval.

Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, coolant hoses, fans, coolant and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded are engine oil cooling hoses and radiators.

I'm not sure as to why your dealer would tell you this needs to be paid for but if you want to send me a message with your contact information and the dealer you're working with I'd be happy to find out for you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #20
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
With all the problems you have listed, the least the dealer should do for you is a goodwill warranty for the injectors. They can do it if they want.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #21
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I'm sorry clg but this link doesn't give the whole story. The whole story on the engine section of the 5/100k Powertrain warranty is as follows:

Engine Coverage Includes: All internally lubricated parts, the entire pressurized fuel system (in-tank fuel pump, pressure lines, fuel rail(s), regulator, injectors and return line). Also included are all actuators and electrical components internal to the engine (i.e.: Active Fuel Management Valve Lifter Oil Manifold, etc.) as well as the Engine/Powertrain Control Module, module programming, cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer, engine mount, starter motor, turbocharger and supercharger. Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval.

Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, coolant hoses, fans, coolant and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded are engine oil cooling hoses and radiators.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

Jeff,

Is there another link that does have the correct information?

Its not that the link from Chevy's website doesn't have the whole story... it directly conflicts with what you posted (pertaining to coverage of fuel system components).

This is important information for Chevy customers to have when deciding whether to return to the dealer for repairs or not.

If a service manager tells me injectors are not covered and presents me with a bill, I'm going to need more that a posting on a forum to convince him they should be covered... especially when he pull up Chevy's website and point to where it says injectors are NOT covered.

Thx

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #22
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Look through the warranty book, or the warranty section of the owner's manual that came with the car. If it says right there that fuel injectors fall under the powertrain warranty, then they should be covered. I suspect the dealer may have screwed something up and were the cause of the problem, and for that reason, GM isn't covering it, and the dealer is trying to pull the wool over your eyes to avoid being responsible for it.

I know a guy who had a Silverado and went through something similar with a dealer installed accessory. The dealer said it was GM's problem, and GM said it was the dealers fault, and both sides refused to cover it. He ended up going to arbitration and won his case, but the whole process took more than a year.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #23
austin
Team LFX - 45TH RS

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpanda305x View Post
thats what im saying! they told me its covered and now they tell me its NOT covered? and want me to pay 400-600$...

my motor was just fixed wouldnt they fixed this too while it was there? i got the car back and it had starting problems. cmon!
Can you feel the hate???

austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #24
AlexL

Drives: ABM 1LT RS A6
Jeff,

Appears OP has a 2010 Camaro. GM removed fuel system coverage from the 5yr/100K Powertrain warranty effective with the 2010 model year. Fuel injectors are not covered under the Powertrain warranty.

That said, appears dealer goofed if OP did not approve the repairs. OP should ask dealer for goodwill due to history of engine failure.
AlexL is offline   Reply With Quote