Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
FLYBOY

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS A6
Local Dealer = Completely Incompetent

So I took my car into the local dealership to get some warranty work done (spoiler paint chips, INOP heated seat pass. side, squeeky blower motor, rice krispy noise from under dash/engine bay - TSB 09-01-37-001). I pull in and have my squawk list ready with a copy of the TSB, I show them the paint chips and take the mechanic for a ride so he can hear the noises. I couldn't get the rice krispy noise to duplicate at high rpm but he did hear the squeeky blower motor. So I'm thinking "that sucks but it's ok I'll go ahead and get everything else fixed for now." So I leave the car there for diagnostics and pick it up later that day (after they test drove and rodded the piss out of it).

One day, I'm on my way to work and hear the rice krispy noise again so I stop by the dealer and get the mechanic to ride with me again. He finally hears it and agrees it's an issue. I mentioned the TSB again and he said there's no way it could be that because he says "this car doesn't even have a valve in the coolant line, so we can rule that out." I didn't argue with him even though I know that the valve IS the fix for the noise. Anyways, later that day I called my service rep and said "hey, the mechanic heard the noise and the TSB clearly states that this valve needs to be INSTALLED to get rid of the noise." So he rereads the TSB and agrees that this should be the fix. So I'm thinking ok, we're good to go now, he'll order all the parts and I'll take it in and get everything done.

A week later he calls and I make an appointment to bring it in. I show up, my service rep isn't even there, so other people had to deal with me and they run through the list of things to get done. They mention a driver's side heated seat, and the blower motor, that's it. WTF? I said, no, first it's the pass. side heated seat, paint chips, blower motor, and the TSB 09-1-37-001. At this point my confidence is beginning to dwindle. So they keep the car 3 days, I go in to pick it up and they seem to have fixed everything. I asked the rep if he spoke to the mechanic about that TSB. He said "yea, the mechanic said he doesn't think that's the problem. He test drove it and couldn't get the noise to duplicate. He thinks it's the lug nut adapter in the glove box." At this point I'm flat pissed off.

First off, they test drove the car again, which was unnecessary because I already got the noise to duplicate with the mechanic in the car. I think it was just an excuse the take my SS out and hot rod it a bit. Second, it sounded like the mechanic didn't even read the TSB!!!! I said, "this is unacceptable, the TSB spells it out for you, why are you refusing to perform this fix? It's not like your taking it in the shorts here, it's warranty work, GM is gonna cover the cost. If I hear that noise again I'm gonna be pissed off and won't be bringing this car back to this dealership." He said, "well ok, whatever you want to do. I'll talk to the mechanic again and give you a call." I haven't heard anything from the guy....

So I crawl into my car, empty the glove box completely, drive a few blocks and tapshift to a lower gear to raise rpms. Sure as shit, the rice krispy noise shows up just plain as day. Needless to say, I was not impressed whatsoever and will be making another appointment with a different dealer. BTW, the dealership was Dale Willey in Lawrence, KS.
FLYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote