Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 01-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
laserjim
Another Day In Paradise

Drives: Inferno Orange 2SS
Superchips flashpaq handheld tuner

Wow, What a difference it made. No AFM and it also did TCM tuning for me. Cheaper than other tuners that have less. Feels like a new ride. Will let you know how my fuel economy takes a hit after a week or so.

Will my dealer know that I have installed aftermarket tuning if I return my vehicle to stock first before going to my dealer?
Answer:

On most vehicles no. Superchips does not leave ghost data or a data footprint. It is highly recommended you return your vehicle to stock prior to going to a dealer for service to avoid any hassles or complications.

This last statement we all know is up in the air.

Solo Performance Axle Back
Tuned With Superchips Flashpaq

Last edited by laserjim; 01-15-2012 at 07:35 AM.
laserjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
laserjim
Another Day In Paradise

Right now my gas mileage is 9. lol I hope when it re-learns after 100 miles or so it goes up. I have a 80 mile communte everyday. Ouch!

Update: Just took a 35 mile drive up the turnpike and back home thru some side streets. Up to 22.8. That I can live with. I couldnt stop jumping on it when I first got it.

Last edited by laserjim; 01-08-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
I just installed it in my car and what a difference a good tune makes.This is by far the best my car has ever run.The shifts are firm but not harsh,it starts building power as soon as you hit the go fast pedal.The shifts and the power feel more in sync with each other,they compliment each other very well.This is by far the best money I have ever spent on a tune,brings the beast out of the car when you want it released.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:06 AM   #4
laserjim
Another Day In Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
I just installed it in my car and what a difference a good tune makes.This is by far the best my car has ever run.The shifts are firm but not harsh,it starts building power as soon as you hit the go fast pedal.The shifts and the power feel more in sync with each other,they compliment each other very well.This is by far the best money I have ever spent on a tune,brings the beast out of the car when you want it released.
Glad someone else tried it. Haven't heard much about it on here. My gas mileage is actually the same,because I don't have to use the paddle shifters all the time.

COOL! Have fun, Jim

Last edited by laserjim; 01-15-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
Camaro Steve

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Just used the Superchips Flashpaq last night.
Big difference and the best part is no more AFM
You have know idea just how bad AFM is until you get rid of it. Once it's gone you will notice just how much it was robbing you of a nice running motor and just plain driving enjoyment!!

TIP, you have to go in through Advanced tune and manually sellect AFM disable!

As has been said power, trans are much more insync
Camaro Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #6
2SSRSinBama

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro CGM
I had the Superchips on my last car... however, in going with Trifecta, I seriously gained about 30whp, lol(30 whp over the Superchips, it put down 295whp, I put down 331whp with the Trifecta on the same dyno with the same mods, which is about 90whp over stock, lol, but the turbo Cobalts gain a ridiculous amount of power with a tune, abnormal gains)... now given, it was turbo so a legit tune makes a HUGE difference on a boosted car(more so than N/A), but that was evidence enough for me to stay away from a canned tune

now from stock to superchips it was night and day difference... but once you get a remote tune or a dyno tune, there is just no going back

2010 Camaro SS L99... has a few mods
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #7
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
Hey Jim,I think it is catching on.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:38 AM   #8
laserjim
Another Day In Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
Hey Jim,I think it is catching on.
Yeah man.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #9
Griffintile

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS L99 convertible
I installed flashpaq last night with the 93 performance tune and all the Superchips values, I also disabled AMF. The only mods I have done so far is the fuse pull, and I picked up a strong MAF sensor. I am waiting on a Airaid cold air kit to come in the next few days.
At first I was a little disappointed, but the second time I drove it (a couple hours later), it seemed to be more responsive and shifted way better. Drive seemed to be like S was before tune, Sport didn't seem to change as much as D, Manual shifting seemed to benefit the most, it was way more fun driving with paddles than before. I am sure the tune will be even better with the cold air kit and some kind of exhaust.
Griffintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #10
428SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Just installed mine the other night...well worth it Had a little issue getting it to download the updated file on my computer, but after a couple tries it worked. Just getting rid of the AFM was well worth the price, even if the warranty issue is up in the air. I didn't buy a muscle car to have it sound like a 4 cyl.

Overall, felt a nice power increase, the transmission tune really makes a nice difference too. Good firm shifts, plus when you stomp on it, no hesitation and it wants to go.

Might not be as good as a custom tune, but I bet you can't find a custom tune for the price of the handheld. Oh, and gas mileage has went down about 1mpg so I can live with that.
428SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #11
laserjim
Another Day In Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428SS View Post
Just installed mine the other night...well worth it Had a little issue getting it to download the updated file on my computer, but after a couple tries it worked. Just getting rid of the AFM was well worth the price, even if the warranty issue is up in the air. I didn't buy a muscle car to have it sound like a 4 cyl.

Overall, felt a nice power increase, the transmission tune really makes a nice difference too. Good firm shifts, plus when you stomp on it, no hesitation and it wants to go.

Might not be as good as a custom tune, but I bet you can't find a custom tune for the price of the handheld. Oh, and gas mileage has went down about 1mpg so I can live with that.

Cool.. It is a great bang for the buck !

Old 06-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #12
04goatgirl

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
I just got mine and installed a tune.WoW!! What a difference it makes
04goatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #13
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04goatgirl View Post
I just got mine and installed a tune.WoW!! What a difference it makes
Don't you mean SCT X3 from JRE?

I thought I did a tune for you.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #14
04goatgirl

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Don't you mean SCT X3 from JRE?

I thought I did a tune for you.

Ted.
Sorry Ted I went with Superchips your tuners seemed a bit too complicated for me to use
04goatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote