Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #29
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Kids need to toughen the F up. I got bullied throught my entire school career and that crap didnt phase me. I was fat, from a poor ass family, mentally abused by family members. You figure out who the people in your life are worth keeping around and you dont give the time of the day to the asshats.
Its just the easy way out, I'm sure we wish all the kids drinking hand sanitizer would do the same.

Its not any harsher or meaner than it was before, our society is just raising a bunch of pussies that cant take a bit of ribbing without needing to see a head shrink...
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #30
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
The Bulling situation as got to stop, People who see this going on ,gotta take the bull by the horns and give it back to them.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #31
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachykells View Post
Kids today are SO much meaner than they were when I was in HS about 10 years ago. With Facebook and social media, they have plenty of places to post nasty comments and make hateful posts about their peers. Luckily, that kinda stuff wasn't around when I was younger. I can't even imagine being a HS girl now. I had it bad enough in HS as it was!
you can always ignore/delete your "social media" and it would be no worse than the "slam books" that used to pass around in the 80s when I was her age. at 13 being the tall skinny awkward acne faced kid I was I used to spend my days drawing in sketchbooks and listening to music. something I still do in my late 30s. I don't mean to blame the poor girl and her parents but the thought of suicide never crossed my mind. I really didn't care and by the time high school came around bullies pretty much figured it out and moved on. kids are no meaner now than they were back then. victims just are babied more and bullies just seem to be able to get away with more. "emo" is the "cool" thing to be nowadays, from what I understand.
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #32
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
TLDR: Charge the parents of the kids associated with the bullying with negligent homicide. Charge the kids too if they're old enough to be charged as adults.

A precedent must be set for s**t like this.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #33
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
Sad, sad story indeed.
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #34
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
This really is a sad situation, for everyone involved...
I partially agree that kids need to toughen up, but I also think kids really are a LOT meaner now than they were when I was a kid. Or, maybe it's just that the bullying continues even after school, with texting and various social media, so there's no safe haven for the kids??

I got picked on in Jr High - even got beat up a few times. What I learned was that telling an adult only made it worse. As an adult, I now realize that the reason it got worse was because bullies tend to have bullies for parents - meaning that they don't really face any consequences... If there were some "teeth" behind the rules, maybe it would stop.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:57 AM   #35
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
from my point of view as being in HS. DON'T try to be someone you're not. That is the main problem for guys who get picked on they try to be someone they are not. Second is people need to learn to stand up for themselves. Most people in my school are to stupid to do anything. My parents told me if it is self defense or continual bullying and I beat the crap out of someone they got my back. The only thing ill get is a high 5 from them. I use to be weak but started to get thick skin. This fat little freshman was making fun of me for being "weak" and stuff so I grabbed him and threw him on the ground. No teachers saw or anything so it was fine.

Some notes for raising a kid
Get him in a sport that is not made.fun of such as baseball basketball football or lacrosse "on the east coast where it is a big sport" DO NOT put your kid in tennis or badmitten or stuff of that.nature. My parents didn't and it would of made everything easier

Second karate will never help your kid in a fight put him in boxing or MMA

Third make sure they aren't annoying. That is another huge issue

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:54 AM   #36
SteveRS

Drives: 2010 SIM Cobalt SS
Send a message via AIM to SteveRS
I hope all who were involved face jail time or detention home time.. WORDS are some of the Deadliest WEAPONS anyone can wield... to influence.. and inflict severe mental pain... justice needs to be served if she had any sisters imagine how they feel now..
Old 05-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #37
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bildo View Post
I honestly blame the parents .......
Edit: You are right that the parents need to teach their kids how to deal with bullies.

The thing is, even if you DEAL with bullies, and act like you don't care what they say/do....usually these bullies will CONTINUE doing whatever tactics they have.

A Bully = Someone with an inferiority complex and someone who might have mental problems.

IF A CHILD has a HUGE EGO and has had TONS of success, you can assume this child will EASILY be able to walk away from bullies. (however, having this power might make the situation even worse).

If the situation KEEPS escalating and becoming dangerous, you HAVE TO REMOVE that kid from there, OR GET THE POLICE INVOLVED IF POSSIBLE.

The child should have been taken out of the school.

The parents should have had a closer relationship with their child to see she was HURTING SEVERELY.

Last edited by 2001ragtop; 05-11-2012 at 11:09 AM.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #38
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
Yes I too was bullied in 9th grade, but I took care of it myself. No I did not beat the crap out of the guy ! Let's say I handled it in my own way. I knew the guy from !st to 5th grade in a private school. His parents got divorced and I never saw him again til 9th grade in public school. He changed from a very nice person to a drugged out goof ball. I did take care of it quickly and was never bullied again. In my daughters school they are taught about bullying starting in first grade, it is not tolerated. Everyone is different and each case needs to be handled differently. To me something inside me, whether it's common sense or logic tells me it would be wrong to kill myself.
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #39
Dr. Love

Drives: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wocampb View Post

The problem with the education system is administrators and teachers are afraid to intervene for fear they will be fired or sued because they singled out the bully. Parents today think their kids can do no wrong and it makes me angry that most parents will not discipline their children.P
I am a teacher and I can tell you bullying is a huge problem, but...what some kids think is real "bullying" is just kids being kids. They don't always get along. They make fun of each other. The role reverses back and forth between bully and victim all of the time. I do agree that kids needs to be a little tougher. Kids have a lot of drama and like attention. I am constantly fielding 5th grade "issues," which aren't really issues.

When a real bullying incident happens, many times parents keep real discipline from happening because when the real bully gets punished, that the parent comes in defending their little baby who would never do anything wrong (even when there are witnesses). It took three days to resolve a simple issue last week because the parent of a child in my room kept emailing and calling trying to make a claim that her child did nothing wrong, even though most of my class was a witness.

As far as lawsuits, that isn't what stops teachers and administrators from handling the situation. I have never been in fear of a lawsuit in my 16 years of teaching. Things just aren't as simple as black and white any more. It does boil down to parenting. Bottom line.

Dr. Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:28 AM   #40
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
I think social media (FaceSpace, Tweeter, etc.) can be blamed for most of today's suicides, especially among teens. Kids have been bullied verbally at school since the beginning of time but only recently they've been attacked online (mostly through social media). This just opens the possibility of more teasing and bullying outside of school.
Sometimes I really wonder about social media sites and the fact that almost everyone has access to them to make comments. The world would be better if most people were restricted from making comments on a public domain.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:05 AM   #41
duffman

Drives: 67 firebird
I usually think some people are just born @$$holes but now i blame the parents. Alot of bullying at school can often be because the kids taking his issues with thier parents out on his peers.

When i was in 5th grade we had someone who's sole purpose at school was to annoy people.From simple spitting on people to going out and makeing false rumours about others every day he'll come to school just targeting someone for the day and what the teachers do about this kids behaviour?call his parents but his parents dont care because his dad is a wellfare junkie who cant hold a job because he cant play well with his co workers(like father like son i suppose) and his mom is a drunk who may even hit this kid a few times seeing how he came to school with bruises once every few months

bullying aint new but it seems we are more aware of this stuff now and sadly aint doing much to prevent it.As much as people like to claim that going out and beat the kid in self defence will keep the bullys away will it really work?It may make yea feel better but you got to rember the kid may have friends who will jump in when there so called "homie" is in trouble. when i was in middle school there were gangs like these everytime a fight broke out between two people it wasent uncommon for their friends to jump in and gang beat one of the kids or even brawls between the two groups believe it or not.Luckly high school went better
duffman is offline   Reply With Quote