Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-25-2012, 12:18 AM   #71
linc400

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPFREEKSCOTTY View Post
The 4-pack gauge cluster location is a design element from the 1st Gen Camaros. There's actually a lot of design elements reminiscent of the 1st Gens.
I know, and normally I am a huge fan of retro design and tradition. But I think this is one retro touch they could have skipped. It's not a very good location, and I would prefer the extra space and armrest length in the console.
linc400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:35 AM   #72
Matic

Drives: 2011 Summit White LS
Those clusters were one of the first things that made me cream my pants when I saw the camaro..... but yea, bought one that doesnt even have them, lol. I think they are cooler to somebody who owned a first gen, or who had a father that owned one like I did, but the average camaro fan may not appreciate them as much.
Matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #73
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
I agree with the sentiment of the cheapness of the interior. Its wave upon wave of the same cheap feeling, thin plastic. I don't need it to have chrome or wood, but some soft touch on the console and dash would be nice. Some slight color changes with the soft touch would do miracles.

For instance, on the ZL1 how they used leather and suede, breaks up the monotone look of the interior. GM does this on entry level cars like the Sonic and Cruz. Some small uses of brushed aluminum also. Heck even the emergency brake is a metal bar loosly wrapped in a sheath of flimsy plastic. At least on the Mustang you have a vinyl boot.

It could't be too hard to do, especially on loaded up 2SS models that push over 40K before taxes.

I hate that people claim you shouldn't buy a muscle car and expect nicer amenitites. With mindsets like that why do you want airbags, abs, steering wheel controls, XM radios, bluetooth, rear parking sensors, auto diming rearview mirrors. As someone who owned a 4th gen, it was maddening feeling like your car was so far behind the curve on technology.
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #74
Todd45thAnniversaryV6

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro
I love the interior of my 45th. Compared with the 2000 model I had before this one, the interior is luxurious and well made. Talk about plasticky...the 4th Gen F-Bods were great cars, but that was back when GM was still making rental car quality interiors on most of their cars. They did just about everything right with the '12 model. My only complaint is the placement of the cupholders. But, I cal deal with it.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #75
Vintage-Iron
Banned

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS/RS
My interior is perfect, My SS is free of rattles and runs like a bat out of h**L what more could someone ask for? I owned a 12 Mustang GT 5.0 and my SS seems alot better built and "tighter" than the mustang.
Vintage-Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #76
Matic

Drives: 2011 Summit White LS
I also like to keep my interior nice and glossy looking with Meguiars spray (or armor all if thats your preference). The plastic and interior looks a lot less cheap when its got that nice shine to it. Taking an hour out of your day once a month keeps it looking a lot better, plus its bonding time with your baby.
Matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #77
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
... Taking an hour out of your day once a month keeps it looking a lot better, plus its bonding time with your baby.
Ahh, the bonding time. I completely agree. I have in-laws with an SS that they have never washed after two years. They pay a dude to wash it and wax it regularly, so there's no need to contact authorities about Camaro abuse. But, I've never understood why they don't want to (they're not even wealthy... just regular ol' blue collar types!).

Not me... I gotta spend lots of quality time with the car, more than just driving it. I guess the washing, waxing, and detailing is the cuddling part of the relationship.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #78
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
You don't really no your car until you carefully rubbed every inch of it.

I'm fine with the interior for the most part, just hate how easy it is to scratch the head unit. I bought mine preowned so there's a nice scratch/smudge right in the middle of the screen. I'll have to polish it out one of these days.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #79
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Granted it is all cheap plastic but I like my interior a lot. The only thing I dont like is all the gray that is in there randomly it does not match anything else in my IOM interior.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #80
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
I like the all black interior. No huge complaints...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
You don't really no your car until you carefully rubbed every inch of it.

I'm fine with the interior for the most part, just hate how easy it is to scratch the head unit. I bought mine preowned so there's a nice scratch/smudge right in the middle of the screen. I'll have to polish it out one of these days.
+1, same here.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #81
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
It seems to me people are expecting a luxury car-like interior on this. The plastic in the Camaro seems comparable to any other car I've seen in the under 40k market.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #82
jasonsk287

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
I HATE the shiney plastic door panels, I haven't had it happen yet, but I can see those panels getting scratched and how horrible that would look. I would rather have leather, or fabric (depending upon your seating material). But that's just my opinion.
This is why I like my 1LT; I have fabric on the door panels and I really like it.

Honestly, I've had the car since October and I have zero complaints about the interior. Even though we all love our Camaros, remember they aren't Ferraris or Maseratis or the like; they aren't supposed to have the most expensive interiors in the world for $25-40k.

But, I love everything about my car, including the interior. Build quality feels and seems just fine to me.
jasonsk287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #83
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
As someone that was used to the interior of the 3rd and 4th gen f-bodies, I found that the 5th gen interior was extremely nice. I loved my 2010 IOM interior.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #84
ss409cid

Drives: 2011 SS RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
My only complaint with the interior is how hard it is to get between the seat and the door sill to vacuum
Or retrieve your dropped Iphone from....