Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
phantomfuzzie

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro
Angry My part is Back WHAT you say???

OK .. Here's to hoping this gets resolved soon. I bought my 2012 Camaro in January of this year. She went in this past weekend for her first 7500 mile service. I mentioned that she was giving me a bit of a "shiver", "shudder" sometimes at a red light, but it wasn't consistent. I was told .. "she's got to have personality" .. Monday, I notice that between 1500 - 1900 RPM's EVERY gear she "shudders" ALOT. but being the good analyst I am, I start keeping a mental note of what I'm doing, what the car's doing, is it in automatic only or when using the manual flippers, etc before all this fun stuff starts happening. The "shudder" starts getting progressively worse. Now it's Tuesday, I've got the RPM range down, I've got what she's doing down .. now for the final test .. lets get on the interstate!! WELL WELL WELL .. If I had any loose teeth they are now gone I can assure you of that. She shook, shuddered, shimmied through the 1500-1900RPM range during the complete time frame of my 'ATTEMPTING' to get to 70 MPH!! during the hour long ride I've been trying to call the dealership. I keep getting disconnected, so I use my onstar to call maybe it's my cell having issues, same thing. At this point, I know the service dept is closed, but i'm going there anyway. Luckily Mr "she's got a personality" is still there!! I tell him what's going on, and then also explain that "she's got personality" just turned BIPOLAR!!! He says bring her in we'll find out what it is. I put her in the shop Wednesday, then I'm told we can put you in a car however you have to put up a deposit .. uuuuuuuuuuh ..no I don't, I haven't budgeted for a deposit on a car that I wasn't supposed to be having to drive. I was planning on having the ability to drive "MY CAR". So, I'm told well ok, maybe we can "squeeze" it in as we will be driving you home. You guessed it, NOPE she didn't get squeezed in until today!! And I'm told, well it's the torque convertor. We've ordered the part, however its not going to be here until next week if we're lucky. so plan on being in a rental. OK, but I"m NOT paying a deposit for a rental - once again, I have my own car that I am paying for!! I don't want to be paying for a rental. So they send dude to come get me, and take me to the rental place. Now, not to seem ungrateful or anything but what part of I drive a Camaro says put me in a 4 door chevy cruze??? So, now to add insult to injury, i'm told that my part has gone from "ordered" to "back-order" .. back what you say?? needless to say, at this point I've VERY UNHAPPY!! and having flashbacks to the last GM product I purchased that was in the shop and had engineers being sent down because it couldn't keep rear ends under itself!!! it took me 12 years to build confidence back to buy another brand new GM product and I'm being faced with THIS!!! NOT HAPPY IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!!!
can we say totally P*SSED? :mad0 260:
phantomfuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
hahaha. thats what i had til i complained and then i got a chevy malibu from another location
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #3
phantomfuzzie

Well ive disinfected this one and it STILL stinks inside!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:26 AM   #4
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
I feel your pain, brother. I've been through your situation more than once with GM. Let me fill in some of the blanks for you.

Let's start with the rental car. Since you own a Chevrolet product, you are going to be placed in a Chevrolet rental. GM is flipping the bill on the rental so this is how it's going to be. Rarely will you get a good car to ride around in while your car is in the shop. This part of the pain you'll have to suck up.

Now let's talk about the part order. Every single time I've needed parts for my car I've gotten the same shitty story that you received; it's on back order. I find this to be the most insulting part of the experience as the car is in production and there should be NO shortage of available parts.

That said, I would call the dealer and ask them to do a SPAT order on the part. This means that instead of waiting for GM to provide the part, the dealership searches parts inventories at other dealerships across the country. If they are lucky and get a hit on the SPAT order, the part can be sent overnight to your dealer. I would call the dealer and immediately request that they do this SPAT order search.

Finally, the condition you are describing does sound like the torque converter. I have a few friends who have had the exact issue you describe and the torque converter was the issue. The good news in this is that you're not going to have to go back 4 times with the same issue. Your pain should end with this single visit.

Let us know how you make out with this repair.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #5
phantomfuzzie

I believe they already have it on SPAT - I remember thinking, I don't one that's been spit on!!! At least that's what Mr "she's got personality" said!! uuuuuuuuuum .. giggle .. I'm a "sister" ..
I hope once they get this part in I do not see any further issues. But, Oh the flashbacks!!! <cringe>
Old 07-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
phantomfuzzie

Smile

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! I got my Precious back today!!! the parts gods were kind to me!!! I'm soooooooooooooooo excited!!! OMG should I be worried that I'm THIS EXCITED to have my Camaro back???
Old 07-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #7
jeffswhitess

Drives: 2010 ss2 white w/gold stripes
I would be worried if you weren't excited!!!
jeffswhitess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #8
Calikenn

Drives: 2012 Corvette GS
Good to hear...so...did precious lose her personality and is all well??
Calikenn is offline   Reply With Quote