Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #29
mikeyroche

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro 1SS/RS M6
Cloth are much more comfortable, but can rip and stain very easily. Leather while very comfortable is not even close to the cloth, but it looks a lot nicer, and gives the interior a much better look. Invest in tinted windows, leather will fade crack and get very hot to the touch.

2011 Camaro 1SS with RS - K&N Typhoon CAI, Borla Atak Exhaust, Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads, SLP 'SS' Front Grille Emblem, Blue LED interior lighting, Camaro Victory Red Seatbelt Harness pads NEXT - Corvette LS3 Victory Red Fuel Rail Covers(Awaiting Installation), Window Tinting, Custom Leather Interior.
mikeyroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #30
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Another point to mention is that the Camaro's leather seats seem to "breathe" better than most. I'm hot most of the time and when I've driven other cars I've owned with leather, I'd get out of them feeling sticky. Not so with these seats. And, as others have said, very comfortable.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #31
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
They are like a big comfy couch.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #32
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
I have no love for leather but my wife loves it. I think it feels colder when it is cold and hotter when it is hot. It would be nice to have a few more adjustments like lumbar and side bolsters.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #33
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
The bun warmers help the cold when it is cold, but a friend has a Taurus with air-conditioned seats. THAT would be nice.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #34
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
Cloth wears out faster than leather, imo. And, cloth almost always looks and feels cheap. Never noticed the cloth quality in other Camaros. Love the leather in mine.
SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #35
first one

Drives: SSRS - black, GFX, SSX wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
23k on mine, I love my leather seats and have no depressions or butt-marks or anything wrong at all. They are comfortable as all getout and the big plus I adore is my Camaro does not shock me (static shock) when getting in or out. I hate cloth seats because of that one fact.
Go sit in one of each and see the difference - because it's not just the cloth seats that look cheap inside the models without leather
I've have cloth seats in my camaro that I've had since September 09 and have never been shocked.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #36
styphon

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
You can prevent leather from fading and cracking but regularly using leather conditioner.

Without leather conditioner, use and sun WILL crack and fade leather. Conditioner is how bikers keep their leather seats/pants/jackets from cracking and fading.
styphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #37
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
The leather seats crack and after sitting in them become permanently depressed. Fbodfather has given reason about why ALL leather does this, but this never happened in my Dad's Mercedes.
That is because most OEM's use **** leather in there cars. I have over 210,000 miles on my Katzkins in my 03 Ranger.......the drivers side is just starting to show a little wear.............
Old 07-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #38
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
You can prevent leather from fading and cracking buy purchasing cloth. Our SS is cloth and I love the comfort of the seats. Our RS is leather and comfortable too. I prefer the look of leather but must say I like the feel and fit of the cloth.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #39
woodj

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT Vert
I've had both. Cloth in my RS and leather in my SS. I also have a 2011 GT with leather. First, the cloth seats in the Camaro are really nice. They're very comfortable and feel well padded. The leather seats in the SS are comfortable but the leather seems to be a little thin and prone to wrinkling. The Mustang leather is definitely thicker but is prone to cracking even with leather conditioner applied frequently. As far as the Camaro goes I don't really think you can go wrong with either cloth or leather.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #40
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
The leather is cheap. Cracks very fast and feels like plastic. Go with cloth then if you want leather get you some nice real leather seats put in.
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #41
HorsePower-Freak

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS M6
The only thing I don't like about my leather seats is sitting in them when it's 100+ degrees in the car!
HorsePower-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #42
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 View Post
I'm happy with mine, but I realize seat comfort is pretty subjective because everyone's got a different body shape/height/weight. The quality of the plasticized leather is okay, not stellar. It's more of a cruising seat than a performance driving seat. Not a bad compromise at all.

I'm a little spoiled because I've been ruined by leather Recaros in both the B6 and B7 Audi S4's, but those cars cost significantly more than my SS. They're a bit more adjustable, bigger side bolsters, an adjustable extension to support the underside of your legs, etc.

Then again, if I had to pick "most comfortable" seat, I'd be pointing at the heated/cooled leather buckets they put in the Tahoe/Burb...
Just did 10 hours in the Tahoe yesterday. Super comfy. Seats in my gto aren't too shabby either.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote