Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #2395
Mrs.TAG
Camaro5 Store Goddess

Drives: 2012 Lowered Tahoe LTZ
Send a message via AIM to Mrs.TAG Send a message via Skype™ to Mrs.TAG
Twilight series was pretty good, IMO, but I am a paranormal literature fan. 50 Shades of Gray was a bit of a disappointment, especially with it being touted as "mommy p0rn" I say it had some performance issues...I haven't read the two remaining yet. Supposedly, the author wrote ONE book...that was 1800 pages long. The publisher decided to break it into 3.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:35 AM   #2396
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs GTAHVIT View Post
Just checking out what the Ladies thread was all about, looks like a good place to hang
Hey, welcome to the best thread on C5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.TAG View Post
Welcome to a fellow Mod Wife! Is all this Fest stuff turning your house upside down, too?! Do you get to come this year or are you staying home with the kiddos?

Ladies, if you need to keep the moderators in line...just ask the "Mod Wives"

Lol!
About time you girls came a-visitin' us! Glad you're here, nice to see the Voices of Reason come to call!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
OK so, I'm just gonna come out and say it. This book everyone keeps raving about? I sat down and read it for an hour in the bookstore today. 50 Shades of Grey, right?

OK, this should be called "50 shades of the most awful writing ever." I'm serious. Maybe some of y'all like it. But I'm so sick of hearing about it-- and I was really hoping I'd like it.

Besides the fact that if the guy touches the girl, she has an orgasm-- I mean, he can apparently touch her shoulder and that happens-- there is so much bad writing in that book, I couldn't make myself keep reading it. This guy they describe? He sounds like a cheerleading squad got together, dreamed up their version of the perfect guy and then took turns writing descriptors of him for a book. Totally unbelievable. The main character says "Jeez" and "oh crap" at least 50 times apiece. At least. She and the guy gasp at each other so many times it made ME gasp. Half of the descriptors are the phrase "so freaking hot" (I'm serious; I read that phrase at least a dozen times just in an hour) and "chews her lip." she chewed her lip so much there should be a hole in it and I swear I counted at least three dozen "blush" or "flush"es in a hundred pages.

The sex is vanilla; it's horribly repetitive; and it REALLY bothered me that someone who's supposed to be writing bestsellers made an American college student who "picked a smart rucksack to go on holiday" and used words like "pram" to describe a baby carriage and talked about "ringing" someone instead of calling them. So obvious the writer is British.

So basically it boiled down to "Christian Grey is so freaking hot. He touches Ana. She has gasps. She flushes. He flushes. He gasps. She has a mind-blowing orgasm. He touches her again. They gasp in unison. She bites her lip. He is so freaking gorgeous. She has an orgasm. He gasps. She chews her lip." Over. And over. And over.

Seriously?!!
ok ok I have not heard the word on this shades of vanilla crap but thanks to you I will not download it onto the kindle for any reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
I haven't read the 50 shades trilogy, have no interest in it....
BUT - if you're looking for a great read, try "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein. I heard about it from Lightning - and it is FABULOUS!!! I read the whole thing on a flight from Florida to Seattle. I laughed out loud, and cried my eyes out - the lady next to me thought I was crazy... It's about an aspiring racecar driver, told from his dog's point of view.
I read "The Art of Racing in the Rain" - it IS a great read. Enzo is a deep thinking pup, eh?

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #2397
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpackers View Post
Love them! I need RJT with metallic flake please.
You can find RJT color sport shoes all the time in mens but not in womens :( .

Quote:
Just checking out what the Ladies thread was all about, looks like a good place to hang
Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Welcome to a fellow Mod Wife! Is all this Fest stuff turning your house upside down, too?! Do you get to come this year or are you staying home with the kiddos?

Lol!
Love it! It is great to have some ladies to help the All male moderators see things from the other side sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
Hey, welcome to the best thread on C5!

About time you girls came a-visitin' us! Glad you're here, nice to see the Voices of Reason come to call!

+1

ok ok I have not heard the word on this shades of vanilla crap but thanks to you I will not download it onto the kindle for any reason!

I read "The Art of Racing in the Rain" - it IS a great read. Enzo is a deep thinking pup, eh?
Sounds great!

Glad this thread is back on track. For a while there it was .
by a guy & a mod. LOL
Boy busy thread today.

Show time today but there is going to be rain both days of this important car show (Music Cith Chevy Show). That's okay, we will make it work. Then it is off to Vegas for me. I will try to check in a bit bit it will be scarce. Keep 'em in line ladies!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #2398
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
[Show time today but there is going to be rain both days of this important car show (Music Cith Chevy Show). That's okay, we will make it work. Then it is off to Vegas for me. I will try to check in a bit bit it will be scarce. Keep 'em in line ladies! [/QUOTE]

Good luck in the rain today Ruby! Hope it doesn't rain on you, but last fall I went to a show and it rained all day on us! We had a ball though, bunch of us just sat and chatted and joked about how many micro fiber cloths it takes to keep dry. At least I took first place, made it all worth it. Have fun!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #2399
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
I liked Twilight. Mostly for Jacob though. Not a fan of Bella or sparkly Edward. 50 shades of grey didn't even look interesting to me and after reading that review it's pretty set in stone that I will continue to avoid it. O.o' Aside from star wars books and naruto manga my favorite series of all time is A Song of Ice and Fire. Long set of books but well worth it.

Ruby- hope everyone has fun at the show this weekend. Can't wait to see all the pictures. Wish we could make it down. :( Hope Black Beauty does well in the 1000 point.
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #2400
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
I got a copy of 50 shades for free so lucky I didn't waste any money. I was intrigued - but I agree - TERRIBLE writing.
I never did get to any of the "juicy" parts I was too distracted by the terrible writing and Sarah has is down perfect - it's like a tween wrote it.
I tired to get passed that and pay attention to the, um, "theme"? but it's difficult.
And yes - the virginal girl who gets off everytime he touches her and has the most amazing first time ever is total . Who the hell ever had a mind blowing first? PLEZZZZZZZE!

BUY ANYWHOOOOOO

Friday the 13th and Mr Adorable here is having a Birthday - give cutie pie some ladies.

Name:  frankranz.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  5.7 KB
Old 07-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #2401
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
And yes - the virginal girl who gets off everytime he touches her and has the most amazing first time ever is total . Who the hell ever had a mind blowing first? PLEZZZZZZZE!
Not me, but I kept on trying til I got it right!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #2402
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Quote:
Old 07-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #2403
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I can't read books about dogs. I cry my eyes out. Especially during Marly & Me.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #2404
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Animals....they have that effect.
I don't get weepy much over people in movies - but animals...forget it...
Old 07-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #2405
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Quote:
let the games begin!

They have commenced!!!

Quote:
I'm loving this ^!!!

We will!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
You'd think her husband, who was scheduling the fest, could do a better job at keeping the first two fests from being so close to her birthday and anniversary...
D'Oh!! EPIC husband fail Chris!!! I think you need to be for forgetting about your wive's b-day and y'alls anniversay what 3 years in a row?!?! You need some of this too!!!Also, we need to buy her a shirt that says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
The OMG, MEN.... story of the day:

I sent my husband a text as I was leaving work. "Stopping for cat food. Need anything else?"
His response: "Sex. Food. Sex." I don't think they have that at WalMart, honey....

:l aughabove:
Quote:
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #2406
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteek View Post
D'Oh!! EPIC husband fail Chris!!! I think you need to be for forgetting about your wive's b-day and y'alls anniversay what 3 years in a row?!?! You need some of this too!!!Also, we need to buy her a shirt that says:
Only two years in a row.... This year we moved it to Aug...

We should know any time now how she did on her big exam
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #2407
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Only two years in a row.... This year we moved it to Aug...

We should know any time now how she did on her big exam
Hope she did well so she can relax.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #2408
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I can't read books about dogs. I cry my eyes out. Especially during Marly & Me.
Just popping in here to say I was bawling by the end of Marly and Me.