Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #29
Mr.R

Drives: ZL1, Genesis, Grand Cherokee
It also works if you scare the wifey a couple times - then she won't come. Mine was in it only twice
Mr.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #30
1968SS/RS

Drives: 1968 SS/RS 396 and 2013 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
It also works if you scare the wifey a couple times - then she won't come. Mine was in it only twice
how true it is !
1968SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #31
Hercules

Drives: 13 ZL1 1091, 04 Ram 2500, 12 CX9
Really dude!! I wasn't getting rude, like you are, I just voiced my opinion. If you would've read the whole thing you would've seen that I did wish you luck in doing it. If you put up a post you should be ready for both positive and negative replies.

And furthermore to the other guy my wife is very skinny, so I don't know about yours but that wouldn't take much weight out of mine. They came out with the LE for a reason.

I'll still wish you luck in doing it, even though you want to be a smart**s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ View Post
Next time Ill just make a thread asking if anyones installed an Ice Cream Cone Holder for their wifey... I'm sure Ill get a much more positive reception LOL
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #32
Thorston1

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
This, by far, is the funniest thread out there. If you wanna strip your car, then go ahead. But then, isn't it just about speed after that. Why not just get a stock car fiberglass camaro body and drop in a modified LS9. Why spend 60k plus sales tax and license fees, when for that much you can build your own look alike Z from the ground up. I hope people on the list to get a new Z don 't see this thread, they'll probably start crying.
Thorston1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #33
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Good lord, contribute to the thread or get out.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #34
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
Keep the same weight ADD MORE HORSEPOWER, I only say that because I really need to go on a diet
LOL!!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #35
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbgast View Post
What would a zl1 do it it came in at say 3300?
It would be called a ZR1 and it would cost $130k
Old 08-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #36
gm_joe

Drives: 2002 Pontiac GP 40th GTP, 2012 ZL-1
first thing i did was ditch the tire inflator. Chances are if I get a flat it won't do me any good anyway.
gm_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #37
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
It would be called a ZR1 and it would cost $130k
Old 08-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #38
rpepka

Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 2195
U got to be shi__ing me!!
rpepka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:15 AM   #39
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorston1 View Post
This, by far, is the funniest thread out there. If you wanna strip your car, then go ahead. But then, isn't it just about speed after that. Why not just get a stock car fiberglass camaro body and drop in a modified LS9. Why spend 60k plus sales tax and license fees, when for that much you can build your own look alike Z from the ground up. I hope people on the list to get a new Z don 't see this thread, they'll probably start crying.

Cause starting with a ZL1 is cheaper thats why. I think its a valid question. Alot of people buy these cars to thrash them not just cruise the burger joint. I have been considering removing the stereo and all the speakers, sound deadener and getting some race seats since before I took delivery. I will definately be stripping some crap out I don't need.
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #40
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Did somebody say weight reduction?!

Here's a link to my project thread which documents my pursuit of just that thing, although I did it with an eye towards improving each step, not just a simple weight pull.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45165

My 1SS with a full tank of gas weighed 3,680 lbs when I took it to a truck scale earlier this year. I've since added a couple pounds, removed a few so I'm not sure exactly what it weighs now but it's probably still within 10 lbs of that. I don't do drags, I do road course, but with a 1/4 tank of gas it probably weighs in the 3,590's somewhere.

It still has all seats and the original interior; I haven't removed anything from the interior so it isn't gutted. I'm getting a Fluidampr put on later today which is probably about 5 lbs heavier than the stock harmonic balancer but should smooth out engine performance and the benefits to the engine will out-weigh (no pun intended) the weight penalty.

I've got a race scoop and washer bottle relocation kit from Jannetty racing sitting in the living room which I'll be installing here soon. That'll add a couple pounds. Next I'm looking at racing seats which could save maybe 30 lbs. I'll have to add tank plates at least for mounting 5-point belts so that offsets some of the weight savings of the seats.

After all is said and done I may be able to get the weight with a full tank down to 3,665. That's almost 500 lbs lighter than a ZL1 and puts me solidly in Mustang territory. After I get the Fluidampr and Jannetty race scoop installed I'll have Ted adjust the tune and then I'll get a dyno. The Fluidampr is supposed to free up 5-10 hp and the race scoop is usually good for maybe 5. I had 468 rwhp last time I had a dyno and that was before Ted's tune and these latest upgrades. I'm hoping I'll be around 480 rwhp. That would give me a weight-to-power ratio of 7.64-1.

If I get a set of race-only wheels and tires I can probably remove another roughly 40 lbs total so that will make for a very nice car on the track. It already is... it will just be... nice-er.

Start a project thread with your ZL1 build; I'll definitely be following it to see what you do.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote