Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #29
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by metthem View Post
he dont like them maybe
+1
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #30
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Well welcome back to the forum!

But, you had a supercharged Camaro with 700+ HP, and traded it for a stock Camaro SS because you got frustrated with the maintenance of a black paintjob?
Old 09-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #31
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by metthem View Post
he dont like them maybe
Maybe he don't. Just askin !
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #32
Blackkaz04

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPFREEKSCOTTY View Post
Well welcome back to the forum!

But, you had a supercharged Camaro with 700+ HP, and traded it for a stock Camaro SS because you got frustrated with the maintenance of a black paintjob?
nope: When I decided to sell, I added up the additional cost of what I wanted to make my car the way I wanted it to run at the drag strip.
half shafts, clutch, driveshaft alone were 4k....at that point, I was well into the 40s with a car with no powertrain warranty.(didn't want the bill when it blew at the strip)

For not that much more, I could swap colors, get into a Zl1 and have a warranty, upgraded interior, and awesome suspension package.

However, I don't think the Zl1 panned out very well in stock trim for running the 1/4 mile and there have been many other issues coming out such as the steering assist...Soooo. I still wanted a camaro SS, but not a ZL1 any longer. I decided to put 10k in the bank(I paid cash for my last car) and lightly mod a stock SS. My friends think I am slightly off my rocker too. But I also like the idea of a new car I can mod myself BTW, the wife loves the new camaro becuase she didn't like the 700hp in the other car....
Blackkaz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #33
Blackkaz04

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBOSSRS View Post
Why ?
I love the orange w/o stripes......I think maybe some black fender hash marks up front on the left side to go with my flat black Forgestars that will be here friday.
Blackkaz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #34
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackkaz04 View Post
I love the orange w/o stripes......I think maybe some black fender hash marks up front on the left side to go with my flat black Forgestars that will be here friday.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's what you like . I had a choice of flat black or white ,obviously I took white. I thought the flat black would be a pain when waxing. I had an Opel with a flat black hood. If I got wax on the flat black it looked like crap. Being quite a bit older now I don't want fuss with it. Live long and prosper.
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote