Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #85
CyberDan

Drives: 1SS Camaro
A problem with aac's products, big surprise...
CAI Cold Air Intake, VMax CNC TB, Borla Sport Catback Exhaust, EE Oil Catch Can, Eibach Sway Bars and Drop Springs, AAC concept side markers, stealth signal bulbs, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations front and rear modern SS emblems
CyberDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #86
Tipper69
ICE Member

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
Think maybe ill wait on these till everything is straitened out.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #87
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twentytwelvebee View Post
well the mirrors showed up today only to find out they were scratched, not fully painted and paint worn on corners. needless to say i'm beyond pissed. I really hope noone else has this happen to them.
update: AAC contacted me and said they are going to paint another set and send them out without me having to ship back the mirrors first.

Just curious, did you have to post pics of this instead of settling it offline? AAC would have easily re-sent you a new set of mirrors, the company isn't going anywhere and neither is the staff. Just saying.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #88
CyberDan

Drives: 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
Just curious, did you have to post pics of this instead of settling it offline? AAC would have easily re-sent you a new set of mirrors, the company isn't going anywhere and neither is the staff. Just saying.
If I was to plan on buying these, at that price... I'd would definetely want to know of any issues. Problems like these, from this company is a pretty common trend.
CAI Cold Air Intake, VMax CNC TB, Borla Sport Catback Exhaust, EE Oil Catch Can, Eibach Sway Bars and Drop Springs, AAC concept side markers, stealth signal bulbs, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations front and rear modern SS emblems
CyberDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #89
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
The whole point of boards like this is to share information, both good and bad. People should know the crap AAC ships out their doors every day. They may not be going anywhere, but people should know to steer clear of them. Almost all of the vendors on C5 are top notch, but why AAC is allowed to peddle their garbage here after all the debacles they've been through is an absolute mystery.

*In life, there are no nandroids*
Old 09-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #90
BDH

Drives: 2012 1LT-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
The whole point of boards like this is to share information, both good and bad. People should know the crap AAC ships out their doors every day. They may not be going anywhere, but people should know to steer clear of them. Almost all of the vendors on C5 are top notch, but why AAC is allowed to peddle their garbage here after all the debacles they've been through is an absolute mystery.

Agreed! As I stated in my post (#66), there's no explanation other than that this vendor gets preferential treatment because of something they are doing that other vendors are not. This is substantiated by a moderator's bias towards this vendor. This vendor appears to be an "untouchable" regardless of how poor their quality control department is. So really, no matter how this turns out, this vendor will come out unscathed. Posting our frustrations is an exercise in futility, IMHO. i just appreciate all of the other great vendors on this site that take responsibility for their boo boos and do not deflect the blame to others...they are not complacent, and are always working to improve...knowing customer service is important to a lot of people. Just my 2 cents of course.
BDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #91
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by twentytwelvebee View Post
update: AAC contacted me and said they are going to paint another set and send them out without me having to ship back the mirrors first.
I think the thread is getting slightly out of hand with the bandwagon bashing. If you've got nothing more to say than "AAC sucks," that's just being disrespectful-especially to a forum vendor. People will even bash companies for not being a vendor on this forum. Looks like the moderators are getting bashed too. If you have a bad experience with ORACLE Concept Style Side Mirrors, post your experience. The price is higher because of the brand and it is a custom part that is painted. There is a warranty and the fact that there's someone you can call (in the U.S.A.) or email or even reply to your online rant.

Last edited by jameslk55; 09-30-2012 at 12:37 PM.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #92
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDH View Post
Agreed! As I stated in my post (#66), there's no explanation other than that this vendor gets preferential treatment because of something they are doing that other vendors are not. This is substantiated by a moderator's bias towards this vendor. This vendor appears to be an "untouchable" regardless of how poor their quality control department is. So really, no matter how this turns out, this vendor will come out unscathed. Posting our frustrations is an exercise in futility, IMHO. i just appreciate all of the other great vendors on this site that take responsibility for their boo boos and do not deflect the blame to others...they are not complacent, and are always working to improve...knowing customer service is important to a lot of people. Just my 2 cents of course.

Completely agree. There are a lot of mysteries and preferential treatment to this Site. A lot of the fan boys I referred to earlier for AAC are in fact moderators. I AAC is, always has been, and always will be untouchable, as you said, so long as they keep paying their sponsor fees. Just off the top of my head, I can think of the p13w mess, their horribly painted and not watertight side markers, and now this. And I haven't even been in the cosmetic mods section in probably a year.

That's why I stay in the detailing section. They pretty much leave us alone there and all the guys in there (sponsors included) are really cool. It's actually about sharing information and not about making money.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #93
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDH View Post
Yes, I've bought a lot of AAC products. Yes, I've continually had good experiences with AAC and Jonathan. When I did have an issue with afterburner tail lights I sent Jonathan a PM, and within the week they had a replacement tail light out to me. So I could say I like AAC.

I am sure that every member who has bought something from a Camaro5 vendor could tell a similar story, or the exact opposite. Every person's experience with a vendor will be different, I can pretty much guarantee that, and member's are more than welcome to post their opinion of a vendor.

I don't understand that because I'm a moderator I no longer am allowed to post about my experiences with a vendor. We aren't paid to moderate, we do it because we love camaros and Camaro5.

But hey, if you think my posting about my experience with a vendor, and my experience with a product is biased than I'll stop. The reason I chime into the AAC threads is because odds are that whatever product the OP is complaining about I have it installed on Kaylee.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #94
BDH

Drives: 2012 1LT-RS
@stieger

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. It's not about that. It's about perceptions. As a moderator, you are held to a higher standard, and to me, when your opinion is slanted in favor of a vendor in the face of the facts, it just doesn't appear that you are fair or impartial. I have seen your posts re member questions and they are impeccable and extremely helpful...I always learn something new! But for whatever reason, when it comes to this vendor, it appears personal, and there is no perception of fairness or impartiality.

It might behoove you to step back and review your responses. If you still feel that you are fair and impartial, then nothing I post will change your view. I respect what you do and your contribution to this site is obvious. I'll probably get flamed for my opinion, but hey, it's just my 2 cents.
BDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #95
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Yes, I've bought a lot of AAC products. Yes, I've continually had good experiences with AAC and Jonathan. When I did have an issue with afterburner tail lights I sent Jonathan a PM, and within the week they had a replacement tail light out to me. So I could say I like AAC.

I am sure that every member who has bought something from a Camaro5 vendor could tell a similar story, or the exact opposite. Every person's experience with a vendor will be different, I can pretty much guarantee that, and member's are more than welcome to post their opinion of a vendor.

I don't understand that because I'm a moderator I no longer am allowed to post about my experiences with a vendor. We aren't paid to moderate, we do it because we love camaros and Camaro5.

But hey, if you think my posting about my experience with a vendor, and my experience with a product is biased than I'll stop. The reason I chime into the AAC threads is because odds are that whatever product the OP is complaining about I have it installed on Kaylee.
Well said. Me personally I wouldn't think your opinion is bias. I'm not a moderator and yet i've had issues with AAC but none worth posting pictures about when all I have to do is PM Jonathan and it'll get fixed within a weeks tops. After all their products do have lifetime warranties if i'm not mistaken.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #96
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Where is AAC? Their just as bad as Vararam as far as addressing people's comments.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #97
twentytwelvebee

Drives: 2012/2ss "transformers edition"
they contacted me over the weekend and are going to paint another set tomorrow and send them out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
Where is AAC? Their just as bad as Vararam as far as addressing people's comments.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #98
J-ROD-210

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS RJT A6
OP,what's the big deal with these mirrors? I mean what's so special or better about them that you would replace the already perfect OEM ones? Serious question. I'm looking at the pics and wondering,"am I missing something here,they look worse than OEM".