Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #57
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyemike View Post
lol, okay. so it's just as likely to happen in a low crime neighborhood than a high crime neighborhood? Let's take our cars, I'll park mine unlocked with the keys in it in my neighborhood and you do the same to yours in East St Louis. We'll see who's is there the next day.
Its actually more likely to happen in a low crime area...this is where we have a false sense of security and the common criminal knows this...suburbs are now being targeted for home invasions and car theft...my daughter had her wallet stolen out of her car right in our drive way because she leaves her doors unlocked...I have warned her over and over again...but she lives in a bubble like most people because we are in a decent community...I know better from growing up in Brooklyn, NY.....
Old 10-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #58
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by crateish View Post
A friend of mine had his window smashed earlier this year in a country club parking lot, while Mitt Romney was holding a fundraiser. They got his gym bag full of dirty gym clothes.

That is indeed, anywhere.
Exactly....we need to wake up...I worry more about the spoiled skipping school shit head kids that break into cars and homes while everyone is at work because they are bored....
Old 10-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #59
horrido

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
Exactly....we need to wake up...I worry more about the spoiled skipping school shit head kids that break into cars and homes while everyone is at work because they are bored....
Yup. I think the chances of getting it from a bored 15 yo is much higher than a hardened criminal.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #60
CamaroWinz

Drives: 2LT/RS (TBD)
Quote:
Its actually more likely to happen in a low crime area...this is where we have a false sense of security and the common criminal knows this...suburbs are now being targeted for home invasions and car theft...my daughter had her wallet stolen out of her car right in our drive way because she leaves her doors unlocked...I have warned her over and over again...but she lives in a bubble like most people because we are in a decent community...I know better from growing up in Brooklyn, NY.....
So wait...

Crimes are more likely to happen in areas with statistically lower crime rates than in areas with statistically higher crime rates?

Really?
Old 10-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #61
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Wait, wasn't there a Camaro blocking the road while the Space Shuttle Endeavor was rolled through LA neighborhoods? Maybe it was the OP's car.
Officials had to move the camaro which set off the DIC display.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #62
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroWinz View Post
So wait...

Crimes are more likely to happen in areas with statistically lower crime rates than in areas with statistically higher crime rates?

Really?
No sir...but certain kind of crimes are...statistically higher crime areas are based on all crimes...not just car theft...certain crimes are higher in OVERALL statistically lower crime areas because people tend to leave there doors unlocked making things easier for crooks...trust me, the common criminal is venturing out to nicer areas because people dont believe crime exist if they live in a nice area...
Old 10-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #63
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:

yep. and when they get caught their parents will defend them and say it was your fault for parking where you did. poor little johnny was the real victim
Old 10-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #64
Hitman84

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
I grew up in a less then 'clean' neighborhood now no matter where I go doors are ALWAYS locked, car, house, whatever it may be.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #65
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
yep. and when they get caught their parents will defend them and say it was your fault for parking where you did. poor little johnny was the real victim
Yo, thats real!!...My friend caught a neighborhood kid breaking into his house and the kid's parents were pissed at my friend for turning the kid in...no accountability!!...I told my teenagers if you get caught doing something illegal...your ass is sitting in jail..try me and your mom if you wanna roll the dice!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #66
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Never knew that could detect that either lots of conflicting reports on the 2010 , I think i will try it and see what happens
Old 10-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #67
DefianceDan
VroomVroom

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Turbine View Post
I would like to know what sets this off.
parking within a few blocks to a fireworks display will do it everytime....
Old 10-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #68
NoQuarter27

Drives: '11 SS Cyber Grey w/ Blk Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyemike View Post
lol, okay. so it's just as likely to happen in a low crime neighborhood than a high crime neighborhood? Let's take our cars, I'll park mine unlocked with the keys in it in my neighborhood and you do the same to yours in East St Louis. We'll see who's is there the next day.
I hear that. The car I had b4 my camaro (monte carlo) got broken into twice in Fairview Heights (5 min from East STL)
Old 10-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #69
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_21 View Post
"Theft Attempted"....Good thing shes doing OK but
Has anyone else had this happened to them? ...
Wow this car actually has a Theft Attempted alert, nice.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #70
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntgome1 View Post
As I stated in my posting.....it "Could happen in the Hills". My point is Crime doesn't have an Address.
We all [ think ] that we know that , but if you google the crime stats in a few police websites , the story tends to change a little bit .Go ahead and do that in your town crime stats .

Closed Thread