Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
Lazzzr

Drives: Can't upload new car pics!!
New convertible owner

I'm asking you owners if I may have a problem. I've just traded in my '11 1lt coupe for a '12 1lt convertible. It was built 11/11. 85 miles on the odo. I've noticed there is a gap of 3/4" between the top and quarter panel just past the quarter window on the drivers side. The pass side is tight. I could show it to the dealer but I have more confidence in you guys w/o seeing it than the dealers answer. I called gm cust service and my vin is part of the top "customer satisfaction" fix. I haven't had it a week yet.
Lazzzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #2
Bcarr

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Convertible
I have the same gap you are referring to. Mine was built in 11/11 as well. I had the fix done and they weren't concerned with that so I believe it is normal. I have not had any leaks or rub marks at all. I love the car! I wouldn't worry about it unless someone else has firsthand knowledge and feels differently.
Bcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #3
Lazzzr

Thanks for the info. You had the water bag fix?
Old 01-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #4
Ripstang

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS convertible
For mine that gap is more even for both sides, build date of 6/11. Fix done,no leaks and works as it should so far.
Ripstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #5
Bcarr

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Convertible
I didn't have the water bag fixed as I was not notified that it should be. They did the TSB repair to prevent rub marks if I recall correctly. I wonder if I should be having them correct this too? I haven't had any problems but I have only been caught in he rain once. I've never had any problems from washing it either. I may have an issue if it was caught in the rain for a long time though.

Last edited by Bcarr; 01-06-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Bcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #6
Ripstang

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr View Post
I didn't have the water bag fixed as I was not notified that it should be. They did the TSB repair to prevent rub marks if I recall correctly. I wonder if I should be having them correct this too? I haven't had any problems but I have only been caught in he rain once. I've never had any problems from washing it either. I may have an issue if it was caught in the rain for a long time though.
Fix was for top, but not for bag. Still have the original bag and have been in a few down pours not to mention washing the car, it's still working properly until it was put away for the winter. I will see what the spring brings when she is back out. As long as it is doing it's job i won't bother with it.

I do check though for leaves and twigs in the bag area once in a while just so it doesn't plug up the drain tubes. You would be suprised as to what can fall in there.
Ripstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #7
Sam I Am

Drives: 2011 Victory Red CV
I just had the rub mark service done and while they were working on it I asked for the gap to be evened out on both sides. They adjusted everything they said possible but couldn't even out the gap. Blamed the gap on body work done previously however I did tell them that the body work was done before they did the 5th bow replacement some time back and they said nothing then. They said the door wasn't even with the body, but it shuts better than the driver's door which has not been worked on. So far the top seems much tighter.
The best test is to run it through a good brushless car wash and look for leaks. So far mine seems to not be leaking! FINGERS CROSSED!
Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #8
rangomr

Drives: Oracle Camaro has all the bells &
I've had NO problems with my car built 2/14/12. Love the Convertible.
rangomr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazzzr View Post
I'm asking you owners if I may have a problem. I've just traded in my '11 1lt coupe for a '12 1lt convertible. It was built 11/11. 85 miles on the odo. I've noticed there is a gap of 3/4" between the top and quarter panel just past the quarter window on the drivers side. The pass side is tight. I could show it to the dealer but I have more confidence in you guys w/o seeing it than the dealers answer. I called gm cust service and my vin is part of the top "customer satisfaction" fix. I haven't had it a week yet.

Congratulations on your new purchase! Please let us know how the service appointment goes. We are sure you are in good hands.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 01-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #10
Lazzzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase! Please let us know how the service appointment goes. We are sure you are in good hands.

Brandon
Thanks B. I have unfortunately had some experience with service issues. I'll keep you updated. I will not accept any sort of runaround as far as making the car right. I will open a case w/ gm if there is a problem.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #11
SS ORANGE CRUSH SS

Drives: Inferno Orange 2SS RS Convertible
Enjoy and have fun.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazzzr View Post
Thanks B. I have unfortunately had some experience with service issues. I'll keep you updated. I will not accept any sort of runaround as far as making the car right. I will open a case w/ gm if there is a problem.

Please let us know how everything goes. We are here if you have any questions and are able to work on cases as well.

Brandon
Old 01-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #13
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
My vert was built 8/11 and there is zero gap between the top and quarters. I was talking with another vert owner at a C5 meet up and he showed me the problems with his.
I got lucky I guess, my top has no issues, no rubs marks and no leaks. No wind noise either.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #14
Lazzzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Please let us know how everything goes. We are here if you have any questions and are able to work on cases as well.

Brandon
Thanks. I'll keep you in the loop.