Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 01-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #29
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
I'll PM a moderator to see if the suspension can be lifted to give the seller a chance to speak their mind, and to continue selling products on Camaro5 as he/she did before. Hopefully this was a huge misunderstanding, and I apologized greatly via email to the seller. I still want to make sure that I actually receive the stated product, and to make sure all is well.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #30
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
I wonder why his account was suspended in the first place. With only 1 post can't believe he did something against the rules.

And if it was suspended as a result of this thread, that is kind of stupid, because that cuts off all communication, which is what you were trying to get in the first place.
This is exactly what I was thinking.
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #31
naSSty1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Dude! I am sorry but this was a bad judgment call on your part. It's been two days! When I order parts from anyone I atleast do two things. One, try to contact them to see if they received payment. If I can not get ahold of them, I give them a week. Two, if payment was received I ask for shipping information. If the merchandise was shipped (according to the seller) I attempt to get tracking information. May take a day to show up though. If I do not get a tracking number atleast wait 7 to 10 business days. That is an average of what it takes on most parts to ship. If there is no contact what so ever after 15 days file a claim with your bank or PayPal. You have up to 45 days to file a complaint on PayPal. Now that you have been told your parts have been shipped, ask for tracking info. If you don't get any be patient. Now we have a guy who has potentially lost all credit here for possibly no reason. You need to make this right! Two days is ridiculous to start publicly bashing a guy just because he doesn't reply to a post that he may or may not have seen. Just my $.02

Good luck with your purchase.
naSSty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #32
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Update:

I just received an email from the seller stating that the ported intake manifold has shipped today. The seller noticed the PayPal dispute and must have received the email stating so. The seller seems very eager to fix the potential issue. The seller also noticed their suspended Camaro5 account.

So far, this is looking good, and I hope it is my misunderstanding. So, I apologize greatly for my mistake. With the sellers one post and no communication after a couple days, it made me worried that it may have been a scam. Once I receive the ported intake, I will inspect it, and ensure it is what the seller explained and the condition.

Also, moderators, in the mean time, can we reactivate the sellers account out of all fairness to help them rectify the situation, and redeam their reputation?
Thats good to hear then! Also for future references, you'll always recieve a refund through paypal if for some reason seller does not send item. Its just that you'll have to wait 7-21 for there entire process to unfold.

Its good to hear that your item has shipped!
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #33
Les7311

Drives: 2017 Zl1 (M6)
Send a message via Yahoo to Les7311
TCAT: I feel you pain, especially when it took 2 weeks to get a part i ordered from seller in canada.......I respectfully apologised to the seller and board after i did a similar stink(another forum).....

Your integrity will hold up and hope it work out in your favor.....now let the waiting games begins.
Les7311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #34
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by naSSty1 View Post
Dude! I am sorry but this was a bad judgment call on your part. It's been two days! When I order parts from anyone I atleast do two things. One, try to contact them to see if they received payment. If I can not get ahold of them, I give them a week. Two, if payment was received I ask for shipping information. If the merchandise was shipped (according to the seller) I attempt to get tracking information. May take a day to show up though. If I do not get a tracking number atleast wait 7 to 10 business days. That is an average of what it takes on most parts to ship. If there is no contact what so ever after 15 days file a claim with your bank or PayPal. You have up to 45 days to file a complaint on PayPal. Now that you have been told your parts have been shipped, ask for tracking info. If you don't get any be patient. Now we have a guy who has potentially lost all credit here for possibly no reason. You need to make this right! Two days is ridiculous to start publicly bashing a guy just because he doesn't reply to a post that he may or may not have seen. Just my $.02

Good luck with your purchase.
I definitely see you point. I may have been too quick to be worried and file a dispute. The two things you described to do when purchasing is exactly what I did and always do as well. I don't mind at all if a seller cannot ship an item(s) for 7-14+ days for whatever reason, but as long as they communicate that. I was looking to get a solid confirmation of whether the seller received the funds I sent, and when an estimated shipping time would be, and to get a tracking number on that shipment. It raised a major red flag when the seller was logging into Camaro5 those two days, and I still didn't recurve a response to simple questions.

Luckily, the seller has stated their apology for the lack of communication after the sale, and the product did ship, and a tracking number was provided just a little while ago. Evidently, the seller works late shifts and it makes it difficult to ship items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
Thats good to hear then! Also for future references, you'll always recieve a refund through paypal if for some reason seller does not send item. Its just that you'll have to wait 7-21 for there entire process to unfold.

Its good to hear that your item has shipped!
Thanks. I truly appreciate the input!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #35
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
I wonder why his account was suspended in the first place. With only 1 post can't believe he did something against the rules.

And if it was suspended as a result of this thread, that is kind of stupid, because that cuts off all communication, which is what you were trying to get in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1106 View Post
This is exactly what I was thinking.
Me three, some of the mods on here are a bit too "gung ho".
Old 01-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #36
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les7311 View Post
TCAT: I feel you pain, especially when it took 2 weeks to get a part i ordered from seller in canada.......I respectfully apologised to the seller and board after i did a similar stink(another forum).....

Your integrity will hold up and hope it work out in your favor.....now let the waiting games begins.
Thanks. I don't mean to tarnish a sellers reputation whatsoever, but this was for my own protection, as well as ensuring no other members get potentially scammed. I hope the seller gets the suspension reversed, and will go on to sell the many good products that are for sale.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #37
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Good to hear! You should change the title of this thread.

Felix - Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 01-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #38
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Good to hear! You should change the title of this thread.

Thank you very much. I'm going to see what a moderator can do.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #39
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Thank you very much. I'm going to see what a moderator can do.
You can do it, just modify your original post in advanced mode.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #40
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
You can do it, just modify your original post in advanced mode.

Thanks! I just changed it. I didn't think that was possible because I tried it with my build thread a while ago, and it doesn't allow it to change. That work different with this part of the forum.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #41
DVader
DVader

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Update:

I just received an email from the seller stating that the ported intake manifold has shipped today. The seller noticed the PayPal dispute and must have received the email stating so. The seller seems very eager to fix the potential issue. The seller also noticed their suspended Camaro5 account.

So far, this is looking good, and I hope it is my misunderstanding. So, I apologize greatly for my mistake. With the sellers one post and no communication after a couple days, it made me worried that it may have been a scam. Once I receive the ported intake, I will inspect it, and ensure it is what the seller explained and the condition.

Also, moderators, in the mean time, can we reactivate the sellers account out of all fairness to help them rectify the situation, and redeam their reputation?

I've been following the thread, I'm happy for all parties that this is coming to a positive resolution.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #42
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Dude that sucks. Wish I could help ya
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote