Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-23-2009, 05:45 PM   #85
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE

Didn't say no shirt..just said drop it..
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #86
LSX-80MM
Ghostly Unknown

Drives: Silver Ice 2010 SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post

Didn't say no shirt..just said drop it..
TS416,GMPPLSX-LS3 6 Bolt Heads,Custom 80mmComp Turbo,ID850 Injectors, Lonnies Twin Pump Setup,Level 3 4L80E,DSS,3in Magnaflow Exhaust,CoolingMist Meth,RX Dual Catch Can,InnovateWB,Aeroforce Interceptor,AEM Truboost Controller,matte black CF5 Forgestars.700rwhp/712rwtrq
LSX-80MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:34 PM   #87
sir5er

Drives: 2SS 2010 Camaro, 2007 Acura TL
I totally know what you mean about so much attention. I've had my 2SS for a month now and it hasn't died down one bit. It really gets annoying if your not in such a good mood that day but for the most part I enjoy it. I think all of us new camaro owners know exactly what those poor movie stars go through. It's the exact same thing! Here's a suggestion for anyone who wants to have some fun with their car and to see peoples reactions. When I'm at the gas station and I have a little extra time, I'll go stand inside and watch my car out the window with my keys in my hand. When people step within 3 feet of the car or so I hit the panic button and they step back. Then they'll walk over to the other side to look in and I'll hit it again. It's so funny cause people just look around and they see nothing so they think the car can sense it. I sit by the windows in subway or mcdonalds when I eat there or where ever just so I can do that to people. It's pretty fun. That's a way to warn people to keep their hands off your car. I love to do that.

Last edited by sir5er; 06-23-2009 at 07:36 PM. Reason: forgot to add a word
sir5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:02 PM   #88
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Do like me...

Drive with windows up, ignore all the honking and girls hanging out the window asking for a ride....Look straight ahead and when someone approaches you outside the car, say "no habla".

Problem solved.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:16 PM   #89
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I took my Camaro to one of my best friends shop today. I had a guy tell me that the Camaro's design was supposed to look like a shark. I acted dumb and told him I always thought it was a retro look to look like the late 60's Camaro's. He proceeded to tell me that the antenna on the roof was designed to look like a sharks dorsal fin, the slots in front of the rear tires are supposed to look like the gills of a shark, and the head lights with the halo rings are supposed to be like the eyes of a shark when they are attacking food.

And I thought the design was a retro design, man am I ever dumb!
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:21 PM   #90
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker View Post
...I had a guy yesterday that said it looked to much like a Dodge for his taste...what should I have said to that comment??

Russ
Tell him to pull his head out of his exhaust port and brush his teeth; that'll fix the "taste" issue he's experiencing.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:32 PM   #91
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker View Post
I took my Camaro to one of my best friends shop today. I had a guy tell me that the Camaro's design was supposed to look like a shark. I acted dumb and told him I always thought it was a retro look to look like the late 60's Camaro's. He proceeded to tell me that the antenna on the roof was designed to look like a sharks dorsal fin, the slots in front of the rear tires are supposed to look like the gills of a shark, and the head lights with the halo rings are supposed to be like the eyes of a shark when they are attacking food.

And I thought the design was a retro design, man am I ever dumb!

Hmmm that actually makes sense...........
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:03 AM   #92
Invictus1906

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I've been fortunate so far. I'm getting a lot of attention but not too many fingerprints or much touching. I'm loving the fact that the policemen I've come across give me thumbs up and ask questions vs. giving me a ticket for the lack of a license plate on the front.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:10 AM   #93
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
your a celebrity dude!
Maybe he needs to say I'm a celebrity get me out of here! But I know what he means! Took me 20 mins to get out of gas station 1 day. I got IOM 2SS and that is most asked question what color isthat! Gotta say it does get old but it's definatly a better feeling than just driving a regular car that no one ever notices! Especially when all the lovely ladies ask for you to take them for a ride! Now that will never get old!
Rockytophummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:18 PM   #94
Geneman
SS lover

Drives: 1991 Camaro Z28;2010 Camaro SS
The wife loves the attention, and it doesn't bother me too much. We usually get the kids yelling "I love your car" and the bikers give the thumbs up. We have stopped basketball games by driving by, come close to causing accidents, kinda scarey at times. You really notice the change when you drive one of your other cars, and no one seems to notice you at all. We know we are not the rock stars, the car is.
Geneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #95
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post

Soon, 2010 Camaro's will be everywhere. GM is making them as fast as they can. So enjoy the attention while it last.
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:25 PM   #96
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
I agree the fingerprints and stuff get a little annoying but whatever it goes with the territory and they wash off... The excitement will dwindle and it will be just another Camaro some day, so enjoy it while it lasts...
Old 06-24-2009, 04:25 PM   #97
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
I hope i dont get all the finger prints on my car once it gets here (hopefully next week)

I will just tape a damn sign in each window asking them to PLEASE respect my propert and look but not touch.
Granted that will probably make it worse
Old 06-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #98
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk****5 View Post
I think its really cool and I think its great when people stop to admire and ask questions. I love my car and thinks its beautiful so I am happy to let others check it out and be impressed. However, what does it mean when you are going opposite directions of a Mustang and they flash their lites at you?
I would take it as a "thumbs up"!!!!...

BTW, you ordered the same car as me and it ROCKS!!!...