Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
kwamonster

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Unhappy Aux and USB problems

Hello, I have a 2010 SS/RS Camaro and the USB nor the Aux would work when i searched for them on the radio. I tried different devices on both. Anyone else experience this problem?
kwamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
katatonia

Drives: 2010 SW 2SS/RS 6M
usb port died

YES!!! i almost ONLY listen to my ipod when driving so when it went out- i was pissed!
it's been 2 weeks now. I tried several usb cords and different ipods- and also a generic charger that lights up when plugged into a USB- it didn't light up.
I was hoping it was something easy like a blown fuse- NOPE-my husband took my car in today for service, new tires and an alignment. The Svc Manager said he'd have to charge us 2 hrs of labor to get on the phone w/ GM tech support to figure out what the issue is-and maybe correct it. They quoted us $198.00 for JUST diagnostics.

Uh, screw that!

if anyone else has this issue- please post.
katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #3
midnightwarrior
Its so hard

Drives: 2010 SS, 2009 Yamaha Warrior
Shouldn't that be under warranty?
midnightwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
katatonia

I have almost 50k on mine- so not according to GM. She's all I drive.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
I know you won't like it, but the best thing you cpould do at this point i9s to put your music on a flash drive. the true issue is with APPLE products. I have followed every thread dealing with the USB port and its issues, even those have had theiur PDIM's changed out to the newest versions still have problems, and its only people that are using iPhones/iPods/iPads. good luck
Old 04-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #6
kwamonster

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
i wasn't using any apple products. and i'm past my extended warranty
kwamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #7
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Since you tried different iPods this probably isn't it, but I had a problem where I couldn't get my iPod to play. Finally did a reset on the iPod and it worked.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #8
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
It could be the PDIM module itself that has gone bad...I can't remember which thread it was, but there was mention of re-inserting the fuse and that solved some issues...
Old 04-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwamonster View Post
i wasn't using any apple products. and i'm past my extended warranty
if you are still running the PDIM that came in your car, thats the problem. There was a TSB out that came out in 2010. Here it is, and on the top of it yopu will find the GM P/N of the PDIM you will need toi have your system updated to the latest hardware and Software versions available, the PDIM is totally P-N-P. this will solve your problems.

I went throught the same thing, up until I got my PDIM changed out to the P/N on top of that TSB, then all the issues went away, and I have been trouble free for about 2 1/2 years.

PI0055B with GM PN#.pdf
Old 04-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #10
silly103

Drives: Crossover
I am having problems with my USB & Aux ports as well and I have a 2013 ZL1 with Mylink. The screen shows the song playing and Ipod indicates it's connected but no sound out of the speakers.

I tried the reconfigure back to factory settings.

My car is at the shop getting polished so I will see what they say.
silly103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #11
katatonia

Talking

[QUOTE=Sir Nuke;6378932]if you are still running the PDIM that came in your car, thats the problem. There was a TSB out that came out in 2010. Here it is, and on the top of it yopu will find the GM P/N of the PDIM you will need toi have your system updated to the latest hardware and Software versions available, the PDIM is totally P-N-P. this will solve your problems.

I went throught the same thing, up until I got my PDIM changed out to the P/N on top of that TSB, then all the issues went away, and I have been trouble free for about 2 1/2 years.

THANK YOU. THANK YOU.THANK YOU.

I should've taken a picture of the service manager's face when i brought this in. He was new and wasn't aware that I knew anything about cars. I get it, it's a stereotype and i'm fine with that. The 2 mechanics in the svc office knew from previous dealings with me- so they stayed around to "watch the show".

NOTE TO ALL MEN: Never ever assume the Camaro is the husband's car. He can't stand driving my car because he'll spill his coffee while shifting gears. if he'd just try drinking bottled water, they r perfect for setting your arm on while u shift.

Last edited by katatonia; 04-08-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #12
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
if you are still running the PDIM that came in your car, thats the problem. There was a TSB out that came out in 2010. Here it is, and on the top of it yopu will find the GM P/N of the PDIM you will need toi have your system updated to the latest hardware and Software versions available, the PDIM is totally P-N-P. this will solve your problems.

Attachment 493419
Would this be something you need to have the dealer do? I have a 2010 SS that I doubt has ever been updated.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #13
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
Would this be something you need to have the dealer do? I have a 2010 SS that I doubt has ever been updated.
Joey, NO, its a simple Plug-N-Play swap. just buy the new PDIM, take the console out, unplug the currect module and plug in the new one. reinstall the console and you are done. There is a DIY on how to take the console out and reinstall, that makes the job real easy.

Here is the thread that one of our members made to put a USB port in, the first part shows you how to get the console out.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...highlight=PDIM
Old 04-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #14
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
So this isn't a recall issue? I'd need to buy the upgraded part to make my radio operate correctly? How much is the new PDIM?