Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #43
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
As I said before...it takes years and years to master a manual transmission, especially a Camaro with a hurst short throw. Not everyone can drive one. Once you do you can be certified as a MMTD. A Master Manual Trans. Driver is something many of us dream of obtaining. So...I say go for it!!
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #44
shrinkdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
Depends on your driving habits and your daily drive, if it's a daily driver and you are stuck in stop and go, get the automatic. you have the paddle shifters and they are so responsive. if you don't have city driving then you may like the manual. But I can tell you in the cornering, shifting through gears on that Camaro while steering through an intersection takes a little getting used to.
Mine is a DD, I am in the suburbs but still 80% or more is stop and go until I hit a highway. Even in S and G the manual is no problem and preferable.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #45
shrinkdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beehave View Post
Exactly^

I believe you describe the "Camaro Muscle"....the more you exercise it...the stronger it gets......."use it, or lose it" Get a standard, imo
So the Camaro name comes from a muscle in the arm?
Old 04-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #46
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
you got to remember that the clutch plates needs some breaking in on a new car, as well as the shifter itself will loosen up a bit as you wear it in, but nothing wrong with getting an auto too, My opinion is that you really cant appreciate the power & speed of a car like the SS with a manual, it's honestly more fun with an auto. I got a v6 manual, I prefer a manual for the v6 but if I was to get a SS I would probably get the auto.
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #47
Baylor16

Drives: 06' 350z 6M, Future: 13' VR 1le 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber[RIGHT
[/RIGHT]Punk223;6422880]you got to remember that the clutch plates needs some breaking in on a new car, as well as the shifter itself will loosen up a bit as you wear it in, but nothing wrong with getting an auto too, My opinion is that you really cant appreciate the power & speed of a car like the SS with a manual, it's honestly more fun with an auto. I got a v6 manual, I prefer a manual for the v6 but if I was to get a SS I would probably get the auto.
this makes no sense
Baylor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #48
Beehave

Drives: 2010 Yellow/Black 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylor16 View Post
this makes no sense
+1.... I don't get it
Beehave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #49
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Make sure you check out the Hill assist as well and make sure it's not something you mind either.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #50
11VicConSSMan

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
I don't know about the auto... just seems to take away from having 429hp at your beck and call. I love my M6. Its just like everything the more exposure you have the better, more relax you will be at it....
11VicConSSMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #51
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylor16 View Post
this makes no sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beehave View Post
+1.... I don't get it
I guess some folks are easily impressed when flooring the throttle forces the tranny to automatically downshift 3 gears or so and it shocks the rear tires all loose . . .

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #52
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk223 View Post
you got to remember that the clutch plates needs some breaking in on a new car, as well as the shifter itself will loosen up a bit as you wear it in, but nothing wrong with getting an auto too, My opinion is that you really cant appreciate the power & speed of a car like the SS with a manual, it's honestly more fun with an auto. I got a v6 manual, I prefer a manual for the v6 but if I was to get a SS I would probably get the auto.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote