Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
slim-n-none

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS RS M6 (sold)
Im not sure if it working right.... Rain?

So after all the stuff I have read on here about driving our Camaros and rain, I drove through a pretty heavy downpour today. The car didn't burst into flames, and nothing came up on the screen to tell me to drive to the dealership for service. Is this normal? I am thinking a sensor might be bad. Is there anyway to check?
slim-n-none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
If you're still alive, then something is wrong. Report your continued breathing to your dealership and see if they have a solution.

/sarcasm
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
WTF I drive in heavy downpours all the time what were you expecting a computer message telling you your cars wet and ruined?
Old 05-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #4
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
OP, do you mean that "something" came up on the screen telling you to service your car or...?
Old 05-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #5
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
WTF I drive in heavy downpours all the time what were you expecting a computer message telling you your cars wet and ruined?
He was joking with all of the garage queens that never see rain, sleet, snow, or cold air.

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
slim-n-none

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJim56 View Post
He was joking with all of the garage queens that never see rain, sleet, snow, or cold air.
Yeah I was, sorry the sarcasm didn't come through. Hahaha. I actually saw a guy in a mustang pulled over under an overpass so, I'm thinking its more fragile? Guess he forgot about the spray from the car on the road in front of him.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
armoredslayer

Drives: 2016 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim-n-none View Post
Yeah I was, sorry the sarcasm didn't come through. Hahaha. I actually saw a guy in a mustang pulled over under an overpass so, I'm thinking its more fragile? Guess he forgot about the spray from the car on the road in front of him.
When it stops raining ill laugh.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
65TIMM

Drives: 2013 Camaro
The Camaro is sooooo sweet it will melt
65TIMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #9
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Yep, i have so many waterspouts on the car. Not going to take the time to get it all of because I have already done it 10,000 times and now I just realized it is NOT worth it. If you ever want it to rain just tell me to wash my car!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #10
bluBlud

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
Yep, i have so many waterspouts on the car. Not going to take the time to get it all of because I have already done it 10,000 times and now I just realized it is NOT worth it. If you ever want it to rain just tell me to wash my car!
Ha - and I thought it was just me... never fails! I wash the cars, it rains
Old 05-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #11
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim-n-none View Post
Yeah I was, sorry the sarcasm didn't come through. Hahaha.
I got it immediately - LOL. Some of us who have options on which vehicle to drive when it's raining prefer NOT to drive our Camaros because these beautiful cars should always look clean. Rain happens, but I avoid the extra cleaning it takes to make my ride beautiful again after mother nature pees on it.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #12
backbaconrules

Drives: 2011 LT Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
Already did that today. I was 30 seconds from my parking garage and it started to rain on me. 10 mins later it's sunny and beautiful again.
backbaconrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #13
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I got it immediately - LOL. Some of us who have options on which vehicle to drive when it's raining prefer NOT to drive our Camaros because these beautiful cars should always look clean. Rain happens, but I avoid the extra cleaning it takes to make my ride beautiful again after mother nature pees on it.
That's exactly why I keep it out the rain. If I get caught in it then oh well. And yes my car is a garage queen I only drive it when it's nice outside...wanna know why? Because I can afford to buy a beater for shitty weather.
- Kooks high flow cats - Borla atak 2.5" cat back exhaust - Dyno tune - AFM delete - 94 octane tune - Vitesse paddle shifters - Blacked out rims - Costum painted engine cover - T3 stripes - GM locking gas cap
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #14
slim-n-none

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I keep mine clean, and waxed so even a little of what mother nature throws at her rolls right off. Having other options is nice, but I realized a while back I'd rather be stuck in the rain with my camaro, then either of my other two trucks that stay at home. My '11 only left the garage on nice fridays, and I didn't like it near as much as I do my 13 thats a daily driver. Besides if I keep it in the garage forever, once I kick the bucket I don't wanna look back down and think, "dam, I sure wish I had driven it more".