Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #71
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Yep, can't wait to see how this pans out!

Dodge also offers the closest thing to a sport truck right now with their Ram R/T and Express trucks. Fo course you can even get the Hemi in the most basic models with RC/shortbox. I would really love to see Ford do an EB 2WD RC/SB and GM the same with the 6.2 V8 with the Silverado and.or Sierra. yes, I am a huge sports truck fan as impractical and senseless as they may be
For once we agree on the same thing...

Two me a 2wd truck is nothing more then a car with a bed so if I want to lower it(not slam it) and make it go faster what's the big deal? Its not like I can go climb dirt hills or jump off in the abundance of mud holes we have in florida so I vote make them faster. Plus trucks make for a great "sleeper" and who doesn't like those?
Old 05-31-2013, 06:40 PM   #72
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05stram View Post
Dodge just announced it for this model year and Ford is coming - GM SHOULD release the engine they shelved.

http://www.media.chrysler.com/newsre...d=13869&mid=70
The one confirmed diesel half ton is going to be going into the Ram. But correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it make 'only' 420 ft-lbs? Granted, it peaks early but looking at the graph of the LT1, its truck bound cousin should have nearly as much grunt at the low end even more at peak, and roughly 200 more hp. Additionally, the Ecoboost available now makes the same torque at a slightly higher RPM as the Chrysler oil burner will, and has an additional 100 hp. Sure, the Ram diesel should destroy both those engines in fuel economy, but the statement that started this little side discussion was about torque.

All that said ... I agree that GM really should dust off the 4.5L diesel V6
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:02 PM   #73
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
DUH with gasoline it can't be nothing but about HP if you want torque get a diesel
"450 lb-ft of torque" Is pretty dang good if you ask me. It will easily pull anything I would need it for.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:02 PM   #74
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
"450 lb-ft of torque" Is pretty dang good if you ask me. It will easily pull anything I would need it for.
Let's hope the L86 is a low RPM torque engine and not a screamer. My 13 5.3 actually does pretty good pulling my 32 foot camper but it must run hard to pull the hills. I will admit VVT did wonders for the 5.3 lets hope it does the same with the added DI it may just surprise the diesel community
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #75
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
For once we agree on the same thing...

Two me a 2wd truck is nothing more then a car with a bed so if I want to lower it(not slam it) and make it go faster what's the big deal? Its not like I can go climb dirt hills or jump off in the abundance of mud holes we have in florida so I vote make them faster. Plus trucks make for a great "sleeper" and who doesn't like those?
Oh yes and at this point these engines would not only make them quick, but not too bad on fuel. They could say they are offering it a regular cab to save weight and lower it for better wind resistance, and all in the name of um, fuel economy, yeah, that's it.

I do miss my old SBC S-10s, especially my 84 regular cab!

Had this one too, had more features and was in a lot better shaper, but was slower and just didn't feel as fun as the red one.

And the current 01 4.7 High Output swapped/speed hurst shifted Motorsports Dakota with my brothers 99 R/T with Hughes Engineering 426 stroker kit

Ok, done thread jacking, now back to your regularly scheduled thread
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #76
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
Stopped into my local dealer today they got a Silverado and a Sierra in. You have to check these trucks out in person. LED dome lamps on both and the interior they hit a home run. Ambient lighting is red in the GMC and Blue in the Chevrolet around all the buttons and controls. The head lights on the GMC will knock you down. SLE and LT trim was all they got but still a vast improvement. They had crew cabs and you would not believe the room in those things - can you say about another 8 inches or so. The only thing if you look at it from the side it sort of reminds you of a Tundra the profile.
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #77
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Let's hope the L86 is a low RPM torque engine and not a screamer. My 13 5.3 actually does pretty good pulling my 32 foot camper but it must run hard to pull the hills. I will admit VVT did wonders for the 5.3 lets hope it does the same with the added DI it may just surprise the diesel community
Well, the LT1 makes around 400 ft-lbs at 2000 rpm. I can't think that the L86 is going to be too far off that mark.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #78
fargomike
The Dude Abides

Drives: Black 2SS M6
Goodbye Suburban , hello Denali !!!
2010 Black 2SS/LS3/M6 Kooks 1 7/8 Ceramic Coated Headers, Borla ATAK CB , JRE Tune , Halltech Yellow Jacket CAI ,VMax Ported TB, PFADT Coilovers,Forgestar CF5's Textured Gunmetal w/Nitto Invo's 275/315 ,Hurst Billet Plus 2 Shifter AAC P13W Plasma LEDw/DRL Harness ,30% Tinting,

Last edited by fargomike; 06-12-2013 at 09:22 PM.
fargomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #79
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
When are the trucks supposed to get the 8 speed or is that not even in the cards?
Old 06-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #80
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
It's coming. Not sure around what time though.