Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 07-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #1499
usnatclee

Drives: '12 2SS/RS, '13 Vette, '13 Wrangler
Asuming they come in, is anyone willing to help me install my long tube headers next Saturday?
2012 Camaro Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS "Timberwolf". Custom exhaust, RX oil catch can and oil breather, CAI inc intake, SLP 160* thermostat, TSP 2" LT headers w/ off road pipes, custom cam, tuned. 467rwhp 450rwtq.

2013 Corvette Torch Red LS3. 378rwhp/375rwtq SAE corrected, tuned.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!
usnatclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #1500
Noonamme

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SSRS
just wanted to say hi all im still around just been spending my free time with my GF and her kidos and I start a new job Monday so will see how things go and will try and start hitting up some meets again and Clark if I have time Sat ill try and come by and give u a hand with the headers
Noonamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #1501
jenL

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 45th, 2013 Boss 302
Long time no see mike! We'd love to start seeing you around...been a while! Clark you'll probably have to count us out for headers install as we're going to be in San Antonio next weekend.
CAI Cold air intake with scoop, Ported throttle body, RX catch can, muffler delete, resonator delete, Night Fury cam, Stainless Works 1 7/8 headers, Melling OP, high flow cats, 160* thermostat, Lethal tune.
474RWHP / 444RWTQ
Coming soon - 3.91 gears!!!
jenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #1502
STXCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I drove through all the cars last night. Very impressive. All the nice cars and just the turnout of so many people!
STXCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #1503
converted

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by STXCamaro View Post
I drove through all the cars last night. Very impressive. All the nice cars and just the turnout of so many people!
We thought we saw you and we kinda wish you could have stopped to say hi and hang out a little we could have found you somewhere to park. On another note are you ready to begin modding your car? Exhaust first? Guy i know has a muffler delete for sale dont know what brand $50. If your intrested pm me your phone number and ill get you in touch with him.
converted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #1504
usnatclee

Well the guy that was supposed to buy my Jeep is a no show so I guess my headers and stuff will have to wait until I get another buyer.
2012 Camaro Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS "Timberwolf". Custom exhaust, RX oil catch can and oil breather, CAI inc intake, SLP 160* thermostat, TSP 2" LT headers w/ off road pipes, custom cam, tuned. 467rwhp 450rwtq.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #1505
STXCamaro

I wish I had known who to look out for. I was honestly kind of overwhelmed and, I couldn't find a good spot either. I figure I'll show up a little earlier next Saturday. As far as modifications go, I found an exhaust (Borla Atak) I intend to buy very soon. And with my exhaust, I was thinking a resonator delete. Headers also in the not too distant future.

I'm not to sure about a muffler delete. I've not heard that in person.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #1506
usnatclee

Quote:
I wish I had known who to look out for. I was honestly kind of overwhelmed and, I couldn't find a good spot either. I figure I'll show up a little earlier next Saturday. As far as modifications go, I found an exhaust (Borla Atak) I intend to buy very soon. And with my exhaust, I was thinking a resonator delete. Headers also in the not too distant future.

Well there are a lot of different exhausts to listen to if you make any of the meet ups. Mine was custom by Rowdy at Flanagans on South Port, it cost me $150. Its a little quieter than I wanted but after my longtube headers it should be perfect.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:37 AM   #1507
converted

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Quote:

Yep borla atak is a great choice.. With the resonator delete are you auto or manual because if you are auto i have heard alot of people say the afm drone is horrible until you tune or something.
converted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #1508
Witchdoctor92

Drives: 2012 1SS Black with white rally str
Quote:

I have the ATAK and I love it but if i was gonna do it again I would probably go with the Axle Back if you are Manual. The resonator on the LS3 is not too bad while the monster they put on the L99 is ridicules. I ahve also heard that the drone with AFM is awful for the automatics.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #1509
usnatclee

I can tell you for sure that AFM is AWEFULL! Thankfully I have a tune now and don't have to listen to it!

Old 07-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #1510
STXCamaro

I have an automatic transmission. I'll stop by this Saturday night.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #1511
usnatclee

Quote:
I have an automatic transmission. I'll stop by this Saturday night.
Not sure how many of us will be out since it is supposed to rain. I don't drive my Camaro in the rain if I don't have to. I use the wife's jeep. On another note, I ordered my headers today and they should be here Friday evening. Does anyone have free time on Saturday to help me install them? Free pizza or burgers and beer for anyone willing to help!

Old 07-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #1512
STXCamaro

Oh. Well then, I won't be seeing yous guys in the event of inclement weather. Otherwise game on right?

What time Saturday? I've never installed headers, but I'd be happy to watch and learn.