Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #29
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Looks good!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #30
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Thumbs down

Way to be a poser.

Not cool at all. Enjoy getting laughed at...
Old 07-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #31
Mrchop

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Not taking sides but I have seen Camaros running around with the Transformers logo but the cars are not the Transformers Edition.. isn't that saying the same thing?

He does have a ZL1 parts or replica parts so why does the ZL1 badge hurt? Maybe he could keep the SS on the back and confuse everyone.
Mrchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #32
45thAnniversary2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrchop View Post
Not taking sides but I have seen Camaros running around with the Transformers logo but the cars are not the Transformers Edition.. isn't that saying the same thing?

He does have a ZL1 parts or replica parts so why does the ZL1 badge hurt? Maybe he could keep the SS on the back and confuse everyone.
Because it's not a ZL1..simple. A little different regarding the transformers logo, but yes feel the same way about that.

OP it would look awesome without the badge. Misrepresenting what you have just RUINS it though.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #33
joshylife
lift.eat.money.sleep.

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Supporting fakes is terrorism! Haha but I cud absolutely see how this would make any zl1 owner mad. Do I care tho? Not rly
joshylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #34
sappy

Drives: white 2011 1lt
This is all a pride thing. It comes from the fact that they paid more for something and are in a certain "class" of car and get upset seeing someone who didnt and look like they are in the "class".

I can honestly say the easiest way to back this statement up is you never hear of anyone who has an SS with a v6 bumper and rims getting hated on.

They are just trying to be sleepers which is fine. It is fine by everyone if they want to class down there car.. never up. because they didnt fork the doe out.. pride.
sappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #35
Mrchop

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
So, to the OP, I would take the ZL1 badge off because you wouldn't want anyone to think your car is a knockoff. The haters will come in force. Hell if I were you I would leave it on just to piss people off. Screw the haters who cry because you didn't spend the 50k+ on your car.
Mrchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #36
45thAnniversary2SS

Quote:
So, to the OP, I would take the ZL1 badge off because you wouldn't want anyone to think your car is a knockoff. The haters will come in force. Hell if I were you I would leave it on just to piss people off. Screw the haters who cry because you didn't spend the 50k+ on your car.
Think it's a knockoff? It IS a knockoff...

I wouldn't call them haters. Maybe more like car enthusiasts who appreciate the ZL1 nameplate too much to throw it on a v6 or an SS.

Who cares, leave it on. Just don't understand why you would want to embarass yourself like that. Anyone who knows what a ZL1 is will also know it's a fake and those that don't know what a ZL1 is wouldn't know the difference or care anyways, so what's the point?

Old 07-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #37
MGD

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
When I am done with my conversion, it will look like a ZL1. Front, side skirts, rear diffuser and hood. Call it a ZL1/6. Badges don't mean a thing to me. it's your car, put on what YOU like.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #38
Cali Cam82

Drives: Black SS/RS M6
Your car, your money...at the end of the day everyone here is just words on a computer screen.
Cali Cam82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #39
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGD View Post
When I am done with my conversion, it will look like a ZL1. Front, side skirts, rear diffuser and hood. Call it a ZL1/6. Badges don't mean a thing to me. it's your car, put on what YOU like.
Yep I added all of the ZL1 appearance items I love the look some will love it some will hate it in the end it's what I like I have no problem saying mine is a V6 (aka ZLRS).
Old 07-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #40
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

That's different. People have been putting Transformers badges on their car since before the 5th Gen camaro.

It doesn't mean you are making it a transformer edition. You are emulating your version of a transformer, be it BumbleBee or CliffJumper or whatever.

Just putting a ZL1 front end, side skirts, whatever on your car is just a cosmetic/aesthetic mod

Putting a ZL1 badge on your SS, or a SS on your LS/LT is badge posing, pure and simple. You are blatantly claiming something it's not.

A chick who goes and gets a boob job has an "aesthetic mod". If that same chick walks around wearing a T-Shirt stating "Yes, they are REAL!"... then she is "Badge posing".

Guess which one the OP is?

Old 07-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #41
Ben Thur

Drives: 2010 Silver 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by john316inu View Post
My wrap came yesterday and I finally installed it!!
Gloss black for black out front area
No one who owns a real ZL1 has a box of Huggies in the front yard.
Ben Thur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #42
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
You could get a custom one made by emblem pros like the one in my avatar .