Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #29
Lord Ryan

Drives: Chevy Prelude RS V4 Hot Pink Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtkilrss View Post
Man you guys are paranoid. And to think I just get in my car every day and drive to work......
Says the guy from Texas. Didn't your parents give you your first 357 before you could walk.

Lord Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #30
Gtkilrss

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ryan View Post
Says the guy from Texas. Didn't your parents give you your first 357 before you could walk.
Well I'm originally from Oklahoma so it was a 30-30. Also taught us to man up lol
Old 09-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #31
RoadieWingZ

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCompiler View Post
...... I cropped out my speed. I will edit the video to cover the speed - forgot about that rule.
Nah.... Just tell 'em you were driving in Texas near Austin where we can legally drive 85mph on the toll roads south of town.....

2013 Camaro LS
RoadieWingZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #32
ben3350

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT ABM
Yeah for people that understand the OP lives in jersey... I've been there a few times and many of the drivers are not pleasant. In fact many seem to be violent natured by default.

I live in rural georgia so it's a completely different environment. And many of us don't live right in bustling cities so its hard to think that people would be subject to those kind of violent and threatening situations. But I've seen in many times. I work in Atlanta where there is your fair share of road rage but jersey is a whole other story.
ben3350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #33
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Amazing how idiots on here pass judgement on others without any considerations.
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #34
redredrage

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS manual all stock
ive found that a few people are jellous of the car and try honking or riding my bumper etc. By in large most people don't do those things. Most will go away if you give no reaction to it. Doing 68 on the high way seems to be the best for mileage and less hassel.

Im from the greater Detroit area and don't get too much nonsense over there. And in Chicago even less issues unless near suburbs where the mediocre average people live who are sometimes bored and jellous.

One lady in iowa that wouldnt beeping at me and riding my bumper in a 25 as i was doing 30..... so i simply stopped quickly and blocked all traffic to ask her if every thing was okay and then proceeded to let her know that she was trying to pick a fight with someone she didn't know..... since she looked like very verry late 30s and i look 25 i also said she should know better and that given that i am a younger guy with such a ride she should be afraid of what i might decide to do on a whim..... as I've seen what can happen in Detroit

to that guy in jersey detroit plus NRA with an marine sticker on your window may do the trick with some city slicker italian driving his fiat
redredrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #35
Gtkilrss

This is a funny thread to read. I imagine you guys have aluminum foil on your windows too because the government is coming for you lol. I mean we drive 5th gen camaros not lamborghini aventadors. Not everyone is jealous some people are just bad drivers. If somebody slammed on there brakes in front of me and got out in the south that's a fight!
Old 09-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #36
Gtkilrss

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadieWingZ View Post
Nah.... Just tell 'em you were driving in Texas near Austin where we can legally drive 85mph on the toll roads south of town.....
Best part of tx is speed limits are high lol
Old 09-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #37
redredrage

Quote:
This is a funny thread to read. I imagine you guys have aluminum foil on your windows too because the government is coming for you lol. I mean we drive 5th gen camaros not lamborghini aventadors. Not everyone is jealous some people are just bad drivers. If somebody slammed on there brakes in front of me and got out in the south that's a fight!
nope didn't slam on brakes just stopped normally.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #38
Gtkilrss

Quote:
Originally Posted by redredrage View Post
nope didn't slam on brakes just stopped normally.
But what did that gain you besides confronting a WOMAN in the middle of the road?
Old 09-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #39
redredrage

Quote:
But what did that gain you besides confronting a WOMAN in the middle of the road?
The ability to drive the next few miles with out her beeping at me at each stop light. not to mention having to pay closer attention to the traffic infront of me 5 cars up, to try and make sure she didnt rear end me as she was that close to my rear end.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #40
Gtkilrss

Quote:
Originally Posted by redredrage View Post
The ability to drive the next few miles with out her beeping at me at each stop light. not to mention having to pay closer attention to the traffic infront of me 5 cars up, to try and make sure she didnt rear end me as she was that close to my rear end.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:42 AM   #41
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
If I'm doing 77 in the "passing lane",like he was doing,which is pretty fast to begin with.Im not moving over for some a-hole that wants to do 90.He feels the need to drive that fast,he can zig zag the whole ride in.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:32 AM   #42
Lord Ryan

Drives: Chevy Prelude RS V4 Hot Pink Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyo View Post
If I'm doing 77 in the "passing lane",like he was doing,which is pretty fast to begin with.Im not moving over for some a-hole that wants to do 90.He feels the need to drive that fast,he can zig zag the whole ride in.

In northern Ohio we refer to it as the fast lane.

Considering the speed limit is porbably 60. I figure anything over 70 is passing. That being said I usually move if someone appears to be driving responsibly at a higher rate of speed than me. I do not move for the zig zagging tailgating d-bags.

I don't move for anyone during the morning commute. I am driving as fast as possible while maintaining a minimum of 1 car distance. Every once in awhile you get that one d-bag that gets on your rear, starts flashing and beeping. Dude it's rush hour you are not going anywhere, there are hundred cars in front of me.

Lord Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote