Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 11:09 AM   #1009
STSL
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 ZR1 Camaro
Pretty simple to me,GM takes the $44,xxx insurance payment gives op a brand new 2014 zl1 and is now an instant hero without being out much if any. The cheapest advertisement they can get.....
Old 01-12-2014, 11:12 AM   #1010
David O

Drives: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Fame View Post
I love mine also, but if they all get destroyed, I go on. And yes, I could be calm till the insurance co. settled with me. They are materialistic items. Replaceable. All this nonsense uproar over a car. Now I do have one other thing to say... To classify the guy who stole the car as trailer trash.... Y'all need to look in a mirror and think you are better than someone else. I deal with rental folks all the time. It is my business. I rent to good hard working folks who live in a Mobile Home Park of mine. It is unrealistic how some on this forum belittle folks living in a mobile home. Profiling without facts. Next time you fire up that Camaro think about how you got it. It sure the hell probably wasn't given to you. Them same folks living in the Mobile homes probably work next to you. BTW that tech wasn't no idiot or he wouldn't have been working at a GM dealership. He just made a bad decision.
How do you feel about management at that dealership? They let someone into an area for secure vehicle storage for a $5.00 phone charger. He made a bad decision alright but management at that dealership are idiots!
Old 01-12-2014, 11:14 AM   #1011
RJTV6A

Drives: 69 Camaro I6 no prob,11 V6 big prob
Another well built GM product saves the driver from serious injury. That is a Fact no-one can dispute.

Mr Hooper I have several of your books. I even have some signed copys. Thank You for you passion for the Camaro.

A offer from Ford or Mopar cannot touch the love Mr Hooper has for GM and Camaro's in particular.

If some knucklehead wrecked my car I'd be pissed, but I would also understand if I had it under-insured I would have to blame myself some as well. We all know when you leave your vehicle at the dealer it's out of your control and there is the possibility of things happening. This is one of the reasons why you have insurance. We all also know the moment we buy a new car and drive it off the lot it loses value. That is why they offer Gap insurance. If you choose to leave without it then that's on you.

As in regards to the Dealership they should and have made a effort to make things right. Maybe could have gone further but they did try.

I would not have accepted the offer they made, it's just not the exact car wanted. Mr Hooper should find the car that HE WANTS and let the dealer work out the deal from there.

In any event Good Luck Mr & Mrs Hooper, I hope it works out well for you.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:16 AM   #1012
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
For all of us that have read the entire thread and keep up with it I say this. I always tell my son (13yrs old) that he knows what is right and wrong and go with your gut. You know it. For the dealer to offer a replacement like they did, they tried to pull a fast one and they know it. Think about it they knew better. As for GM getting involved we will most likely never know. It would be a nightmare for them and as much as we all would love to know what really happens it Mr. & Mrs. Hooper who need to be happy. With that said I hope that they get the correct replacement no matter it really is and that they are happy. Best of luck to them.

I would really like to know what really happens to the employee except the being "fired". really thats it.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #1013
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcarltonjr View Post
THAT is what I agree with. Like I stated you can't replace that car with a new comparable 14. It's not the same. This is the most logical response to the replacement idea yet. I mean they traded in TWO cars for the one. Very hard to replace when only about 2k where released in 2012. People whom say it's just a car are incorrect. This is a major investment that has high sentimental value to the Hoopers. To them they probably feel that's my baby and it can't truly fully be replaced do to the low available units and it being numbered
Agreed, on the other hand if there were no such offerings (2012) then next logical step would be to find a vehicle with all the same options as the original, be it a 2013 or 2014. And to clarify one thing, all ZL1's are sequentially numbered separate from the rest of the Camaro lineup, regardless of year.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #1014
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: '23 CT5-V BW, '21 Corvette HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTV6A View Post
Another well built GM product saves the driver from serious injury. That is a Fact no-one can dispute.

Mr Hooper I have several of your books. I even have some signed copys. Thank You for you passion for the Camaro.

A offer from Ford or Mopar cannot touch the love Mr Hooper has for GM and Camaro's in particular.

If some knucklehead wrecked my car I'd be pissed, but I would also understand if I had it under-insured I would have to blame myself some as well. We all know when you leave your vehicle at the dealer it's out of your control and there is the possibility of things happening. This is one of the reasons why you have insurance. We all also know the moment we buy a new car and drive it off the lot it loses value. That is why they offer Gap insurance. If you choose to leave without it then that's on you.

As in regards to the Dealership they should and have made a effort to make things right. Maybe could have gone further but they did try.

I would not have accepted the offer they made, it's just not the exact car wanted. Mr Hooper should find the car that HE WANTS and let the dealer work out the deal from there.

In any event Good Luck Mr & Mrs Hooper, I hope it works out well for you.
Very well put!
Old 01-12-2014, 11:27 AM   #1015
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
i saw this story on the forum around the time it first happened and thought "this will be cleared up quick its obvious that the dealer will be forced to pay", had no idea it was still going on till i checked car buzz this morning and this story is on there, so its definitely made media attention! I wish OP the best and believe heavily the dealer is completely in the wrong here, they did not safeguard his Camaro plain and simple end of story. its the reason companies hold background checks, because they are liable for their employees. I work for a moving company, if I decided to up and steal a customers entire truck of goods, even though i technically have they authority to have their goods in my possession, the company would still be liable to pay the customer back for their stolen property. now rather or not the dealership should be allowed to sue the employee is a whole different matter, but step one should be dealership taking care of the customer.
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
Old 01-12-2014, 11:30 AM   #1016
SuperCarEnthusiast

Drives: N/A
Sorry to hear about this matter.

It just make one think of how business ethics has gone to being non - existence - especially at this dealership. I think you need the help of a good attorney and the good national media coverage to get back your to what you deserve - a brand new "ZL!" and some compensation for your time and mental suffering.

Oh boy! Wow!
Old 01-12-2014, 11:30 AM   #1017
Mcarltonjr

Drives: 2013 F150 STX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Agreed, on the other hand if there were no such offerings (2012) then next logical step would be to find a vehicle with all the same options as the original, be it a 2013 or 2014. And to clarify one thing, all ZL1's are sequentially numbered separate from the rest of the Camaro lineup, regardless of year.
I'll agree with that. Them all being numbered I didn't know so thank you for that info. Being a 2012 though and a first year it must have large sentimental value to the Hoopers.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:05 PM   #1018
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:

Kinda ironic that the OP of the thread is from Delaware huh? In fact according to map it.. less than 10 mile away from the dealership
Well, what's so unusual with an individual buying a new car from his local dealer and having it serviced there? I can't follow most of your logic because there doesn't seem to be any. Good thing this forum has an ignore list.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

Old 01-12-2014, 12:15 PM   #1019
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Just seen this story on Yahoo yesterday, in fact it was a top 10 trending at the time, I am really surprised GM would allow this to happen without stepping in and giving the guy a new car
Old 01-12-2014, 12:41 PM   #1020
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
[QUOTE=Hall of Fame;7330028]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcarltonjr View Post

Kinda ironic that the OP of the thread is from Delaware huh? In fact according to map it.. less than 10 mile away from the dealership
Old 01-12-2014, 12:45 PM   #1021
cdjnight

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
I said it from the get go...If I owned this dealership I would have fired the service manager for not keeping customer's keys secure. There is no reason a $10/hr. employee should have had access to millions of dollars in vehicles let alone the ones the dealership doesn't even own. Time for the dealer to chalk it up as a poor business mistake, pay out making it right with customer, and get on with trying to be a better company that puts their customers first.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:48 PM   #1022
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalberdi99 View Post

Fixed

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1