Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-12-2014, 08:21 PM   #1
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Is The Z/28...

As built is it your vision? Or just how do you envision it? (Be somewhat specific and please no negativity, just state your vision, thanks)
Old 01-12-2014, 08:27 PM   #2
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Boy, I have to be honest and say I really had no idea what to expect. About a year ago, in fact it was a at a Super Bowl party last Feb, a neighbor of mine told me that this car was coming and it would be powered by the LS7. I think the car is more than I thought it would be. They definitely went all out and further than I would have envisioned. Knowing the limiting qty of LS7's make it understandable and I'm happy for all of the true diehards that have been waiting for this car. It's going to be pretty special.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:48 PM   #3
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
No not my vision, but close to it only thing i want done to the car is a lot more weight removed, it need to drop 200+lb, now how will guys do it, remove 3 seats from the car for the track runs.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:54 PM   #4
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
This thing went above what I had hoped. Even in the possible build threads, most of us never imagined GM would take this car to the extreme. As much as I would love to have one, it isn't going to happen. The price is way out of my range and I already have a play car in my Chevelle. Even though I could DD the Z/28, not sure I would want to every day. I used to think this was GM building this Z/28 to the extreme they did as a way to kick off the return but I am starting to think it may be the send off as well. I guess only time will tell if the Z28 badge will come back to replace the 1LE or if Team Camaro can make a Z/28 happen even with a F/I Z06.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:12 PM   #5
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Yes, and then some with the DSSV and carbon brakes and all. It's a Frankenstein Z/28, witht a mad scientist behind it. Its over the top production. The price point makes it a rich boy toy, and that pains me. For cross buyers the price will make them go Euro, and whats the point..if you have the expenable cash one would upgrade to the more refined and sophisticated overseas rides to track it. The bang per buck equation has died with the ZL1 compared to the uber priced rides. With the compromises made to the car to turn a time that it has I see a large gap between affordability and brand loyality. Guys with cash to throw beyond having to own a Z/28 may look elsewhere. Just sayin'
Old 01-12-2014, 10:52 PM   #6
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Let me answer the excellent OP question by stating what I was not looking for:

Some <Z/28 pretending to be a Z/28 with phony air intakes, side skirts, useless spoilers, engineers hollering, "Hey, let's rummage through the as-is parts bin and see what we can stick on this thing." That's a Y28, not a Z/28, governed by bean-counters who don't know the difference between the vague and the Vega.

Good is the enemy of great, and I'm no longer interested in good. This is the car that brought me back.
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:03 PM   #7
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Yes, and then some with the DSSV and carbon brakes and all. It's a Frankenstein Z/28, witht a mad scientist behind it. Its over the top production. The price point makes it a rich boy toy, and that pains me. For cross buyers the price will make them go Euro, and whats the point..if you have the expenable cash one would upgrade to the more refined and sophisticated overseas rides to track it. The bang per buck equation has died with the ZL1 compared to the uber priced rides. With the compromises made to the car to turn a time that it has I see a large gap between affordability and brand loyality. Guys with cash to throw beyond having to own a Z/28 may look elsewhere. Just sayin'
Wish there was a less expensive street version without all the bling.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:07 PM   #8
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebrinda View Post
Let me answer the excellent OP question by stating what I was not looking for:

Some <Z/28 pretending to be a Z/28 with phony air intakes, side skirts, useless spoilers, engineers hollering, "Hey, let's rummage through the as-is parts bin and see what we can stick on this thing." That's a Y28, not a Z/28, governed by bean-counters who don't know the difference between the vague and the Vega.

Good is the enemy of great, and I'm no longer interested in good. This is the car that brought me back.
The past history of lesser performance production Z/28's are well known, no need to state the well known obvious. It's been overstated, Now the real question is, the 75K question... as for the list I asked for in a previous post, can we all say you are all in and buying? What say you????
Old 01-12-2014, 11:11 PM   #9
OldScoolCamaro

..yeah me too Gramps, hoopla, times and celebrations, champainge...alot of hooey. Corvette priced. If I were Chance I'd get the Vette.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:18 PM   #10
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
..yeah me too Gramps, hoopla, times and celebrations, champainge...alot of hooey. Corvette priced. If I were Chance I'd get the Vette.
In my opinion, the Z/28 without the bling is the 1LE. The LS7 is the nail in the coffin for an affordable Z/28. As soon as they put the LS7 in the Camaro, it couldn't be an easily accessible car. CAFE would never let it happen. If GM built the Z/28 without the bling, and it was slower than the ZL1, it never would see the light of day.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:34 PM   #11
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Quote:
The past history of lesser performance production Z/28's are well known, no need to state the well known obvious. It's been overstated, Now the real question is, the 75K question... as for the list I asked for in a previous post, can we all say you are all in and buying? What say you????
1. I state what I want.

2. I am a buyer if my dealer gets an allocation.
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:54 PM   #12

Drives: Getaway Special
All said and done, they did what they had to do to make a 2 TON car "track happy lap after lap"..... but it's surely going to be more mythical than available with that bling factor. The Z/28 vision I had was more of a factory momentum car than a factory COPO car. This is more a COPO mythical car like the 69 ZL1.

The next Gen Camaro might, with it's lighter weight be able to do the "track happy" package with more market penetration probabilities.

Meanwhile... those with the best bang for the buck have a ZL1 or the new Vette!~ Both Factory Momentum cars! Both with Street and Track Cred.

No losers with Chevy. Everybody gets what they want in the end.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:57 AM   #13
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I personally didnt think they would build it all bc I thought it would be too close to the ZL1 in terms of performance for less/similar dollar amounts. I thought no way in hell they would do that. My thinking was the ZL1 would have remained top dog Camaro, I did not think they would make the the Z the way they did.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:39 AM   #14
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I was hoping for a yenko kinda thing. You could order an Ss with with the bigger motor and there be a z28 pack that would kick in making the car lighter and better handling parts.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote