Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #71
Terryble

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
You're talking about my Texas story? I was a kid. I had no political affiliation. I didn't even know enough about what I could and couldn't do (public school is intentionally vague about rights)...So comparing my reaction when I was 20 to now is ludicrous. That was 15 years ago. Rolling down windows you know are illegally tinted to make an officer at ease so he doesn't issue you a ticket is COMMON SENSE. So stop being a ****wit and move along.
No, I was not referring to your Texas story. I was actually referring to your statement about the checkpoints. Was it a little unfair to call you a hypocrite because of that? Yeah, it was. But, I wouldn't have even commented in this thread if they're weren't so many people actively telling him to give up his rights just because "it will make it easier on him." For some people, it's not about taking the easy way out. It's about doing the "right thing" even if it is something as minute as rolling down your windows. He legally didn't have to, so he didn't. Stop telling him what he should have done.

Either way, I will take your advice and move along. I don't think this thread went in the direction that the OP was hoping for and it seems like people can't seem to understand that this guys point of view. (It really didn't have much to do with the tint at all.)
Old 03-24-2014, 11:33 AM   #72
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post
to "hear" all you need is a crack, what he really wanted to do was snoop in my vehicle....I know I am not "above the law" but I know I am an American citizen with rights...Yes I deserve to get the ticket, but turning all the way around to get someone with tints? that's laughable plus there is no way they "smelled weed" they said that so they had a reason to search my vehicle.

I see you don't get it.
Mods: LSA Supercharger, 2.55 Pulley, Custom Boost Cam, ARH LTH 1 7/8, HFC, 3' Magnaflow Exhaust, JLT CAI, Elite CC V2, BO White Stage 2 TB, GM 3.91 Gears, DSS CF Driveshaft, BMR Bushing Kit.... . Tuned by JTM Motorsports 540 Hp 550Tq on 9PSI

Axles, Monster Clutch, Hotchkis TVS Track Pack kit.......For 2018.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:37 AM   #73
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
Plain and simple. On any given day, it is usually debatable when you are pulled over as to whether or not you will end up with a ticket, (we are not talking about doing 100mph through a school zone here)...... the smartass gets the ticket every time! I am always polite, roll down my window, interior light on at night, and both hands on the wheel! It's amazing how far a little respect and common sense goes!
Old 03-24-2014, 11:38 AM   #74
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
at the end of the day once again I repeat I opened the window enough for the officer to hear, he was mad ..that is my right to do whether I get a ticket or not. So I did it, do I regret it? HELL NO. I hate that this country is being whipped by the cops I was very respectful, had my hands on the wheel made no sudden movements or anything. Then they hit me out of spite no problem ill pay it or fight it, either way I am very proud of myself for it. Next stop Ill decide if I want to flex my rights and pay a ticket or just be whipped by the police.
Why stop flexing your rights now...
Old 03-24-2014, 11:38 AM   #75
Terryble

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
The kid was lawfully stopped, was a moron, got a ticket. No basis for a complaint. I don't know where you get the misconception that complaining about the officers conduct would do anything more than waste administrative assets looking into BS allegations from people that are pissed they got a ticket they deserved, but I would stop relying on that source of information.
You're reading comprehension skills are rather low, aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryble View Post
but more likely he wouldn't even hear about it.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #76
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
they were mad because I killed their power trip, it wasn't even intentional...part of my rights, I think it's crazy how many people let police take advantage of them but hey I guess I did pay the price....still I don't like how they treated me like a criminal

took advantage of you? you knowingly broke the law. how did they take advantage of you? and by the way, when you break the law you are in fact a criminal.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:12 PM   #77
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
When I had the tint installed on my car the installer said they weren't allowed to install tint with less than 35% light transmission if they wanted to keep their business license. If businesses adhered to the law, there would be less of these tint problems.

I read the other day where an 85 year old was shot by police when he pulled his cane out of the bed of his pickup when told to get out of the vehicle. He needed that cane. Did he have a right to get it, yes. The officer thought it was a shotgun (at least that was his statement). The mistake the elderly man made was not communicating his intention. He was probably ignorant of the Dangers police face and routinely reached for the cane as that was where he always kept it.

We all have watched cops on television and seen an officer handcuff an individual for his safety while announcing he is not under arrest. Are they taking your liberties away from you at that point? Yes. Why? Because of all the crazy's in the world.

My point to all this is, I do not want any of these type of things to happen to me. I will be respectful, follow commands and try to not get myself into a situation I cannot control. When they pull you out of the car, handcuff you, and stuff you into the back of a car, you are no longer in control.

OP, do not let your pride get you into a position you cannot control.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:17 PM   #78
Titan

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryble View Post
You're reading comprehension skills are rather low, aren't they?
You gave the advice to record and complain. I responded to this. Your the one that is detached from comprehension. I even quoted the section I was responding to and used little words in order to make it easy for you!
Old 03-24-2014, 12:29 PM   #79
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Gentleman, put away your swords.

If the OP wants to fight the ticket and file a complaint against the officer, he is within his rights.

But be careful what you hope for. This will result in every cop in the area having you on their $hit list. You Will be pulled over for anything and everything they can think of. All legal.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:31 PM   #80
Gillis

Drives: Car
It takes some folks longer than others to learn lessons in life. Some people never learn.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:33 PM   #81
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
http://youtu.be/MYT3Z-oZ1Hk

Is THIS your job? Do you put YOUR life on the line every day? ROLL DOWN YOUR FN WINDOW! Show a little respect! THEY don't know you're not like this guy!

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:40 PM   #82
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Tough break, OP, but your biggest problem is... you were illegal - you were in the wrong. You obviously ticked off the LEO a bit. Usually, if it's just a minor infraction and you are cooperative, calm, and respectful - they won't write you up. Better luck next time.

You can try to go to court and fight it, but bring your checkbook just in case.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 03-24-2014, 01:30 PM   #83
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
oh man this thread is too funny.

newsflash: you have tints that are past the legal percentage. you are in violation. that's the name of the game. if you dont like it, pay up or take them off.

second off: no, them turning around is not profiling you. to a cop, anything that isnt a prius on the road draws their attention. welcome to being a camaro owner.

third off, and this goes to everyone supporting the "oh, you have rights, there's nothing wrong with just cracking your window" bandwagon: if you were pulling someone over, wouldn't you want to see to make sure there wasnt someone with a rifle about to blow your head off? people are crazy, this shit happens, and its becoming more frequent as well. that's not a shot at you, thats a shot at humanity, so don't take that personally.

also, 90% of the time, the people that give cops a hard time about doing their job (and yes, some do overstep their boundaries), most often are hiding something or just trying to be one-uppers. take a note: he who holds the ticket book will win everytime. you play their game, most of the time you will get a warning. i've been pulled over 12 times in the short time i've had my license, and only been ticketed twice (for speeding, and they got me fair and square). the car i used to have was obnoxious as well, tints, tinted tails, loud exhaust, extra lighting, etc.

TLDR: drop the ego, respect your authorities (chances are youll want them around when you're actually in trouble), and you'll have more money in your pocket.

/rant
Sold: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower, Custom Camshaft, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, 680rw 93/750rw E85, Tuned by CSP
Sold: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

Old 03-24-2014, 01:30 PM   #84
djpelosi

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I don't think "We smelled marijuana in the area" is probable cause for a traffic stop, especially when both vehicles are moving opposite directions. However, in an officer's eyes. by only "cracking" the window, it makes it look like you were trying to hide something whether it be a smell, or something in the car. Not only will that piss them off, but it pretty much gaurantees they will find something to ticket you for. Being a dick is not going to get you anywhere with the police.

On the note of the ticket, you got what you deserved and you're not going to get out of it with a defense such as "the officer was profiling me." You have no video or audio evidence, and even if you did, they still weren't profiling you from what I've heard. The only way you're going to get out of paying it is if you have the tint removed and bring proof with you to court. Just try not to be a smart ass to the judge.
Bo White Ported Throttle Body
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Best Time: 12.43 @ 114, 1.99 60' on stock wheels and stock tires
Build Thread
Closed Thread