Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-21-2014, 01:07 PM   #57
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostPony View Post
.... All we can do until then is watch thePill make wild speculations. Which is entertaining, but does wear you out after a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post

Yeah, I used to be interested in what thePill had to say but after reading his rants on MustangG6, I realize he argues the same crap over and over again about the Camaro. Yes, the Z/28 can't race in stock form but no one cares. Well no one but thePill. His bias against the Camaro is bad enough but his ego is even worse.
I think that guy might actually be a bit insane. It goes beyond just blind fanboyism, I can tell you that. Its something mental with that guy.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #58
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I think that guy might actually be a bit insane. It goes beyond just blind fanboyism, I can tell you that. Its something mental with that guy.
He's just passionate about what he does lol. He's pretty much = to yalls Lowdown over here.
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:29 PM   #59
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
Mustang factory line lock

I'm sure this is a re-post, but just in case..

Pretty cool idea!
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; MGW short shifter; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!!

2014 CTS-V Sedan, Black/Black, Auto, Recaros, Ultra-view, Red Brembos. Stock
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:36 PM   #60
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
Ill play the other side today and say something everyone on here is afraid to say. You get what you pay for, the majority of GM service departments are horrible after the bail out it doesnt matter to me because I dont have warranty anymore because of Mods but if I was on the fence for a vehicle that I wanted the most out of my warranty out of chevrolet and ford I would be buying a ford. Hence the bigger price tag to pay for their master techs while GM is firing more master techs because of the bailout.

What are they? Never been there.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:28 PM   #61
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by khell86 View Post
He's just passionate about what he does lol. He's pretty much = to yalls Lowdown over here.
I'll take Lowdown over thePill seven days til sunday, eight days a week.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:22 PM   #62
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfansince73 View Post
I'm sure this is a re-post, but just in case..

Pretty cool idea!
Read the fine print. Racing voids vehicle warranty.

So they put a feature in the car used for racing but if you race, they void your warranty.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #63
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Read the fine print. Racing voids vehicle warranty.

So they put a feature in the car used for racing but if you race, they void your warranty.
They would have to prove you were racing in order to deny your warranty work. This is pretty much the usual for all car companies. Using this feature, then making a few runs down the track will not void your warranty.
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:34 PM   #64
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Some of the things that are offered on Challengers(new for 2015), Chargers, etc. I believe the Mustang has it as well. But the fwd collision/blind spot sensor, adaptive cruise control, wifi capabilities, etc. Hell my 300 SRT8 has digital gauges which would be a nice addition to the Camaro in certain trims (1LE, ZL1 and or Z/28). If the ZL1 is deemed the car with the creature comforts those things I mentioned should atleast be an option.

I'd imagine the 6th Gen to feature some of these capabilities which is what I'm holding out for.
All the whiz-bang technology from Ford is great... when it works. But based on our miserable experience with the MyFordTouch in my wife's Escape, I wouldn't pay them another nickel for ANY 'technology' on purpose. They're awfully good at packaging though... so you almost always end up paying for the electronic/techno gadgets just because you want dual climate control or memory seats or some other such thing.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:00 PM   #65
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
All the whiz-bang technology from Ford is great... when it works. But based on our miserable experience with the MyFordTouch in my wife's Escape, I wouldn't pay them another nickel for ANY 'technology' on purpose. They're awfully good at packaging though... so you almost always end up paying for the electronic/techno gadgets just because you want dual climate control or memory seats or some other such thing.
Ok let me get this straight, you drive a Challenger, and you hate Ford obviously, why did you even buy it? And with that being said why are you on a Camaro Forum when you own a Dodge and a Ford?....Im confused.
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:12 PM   #66
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
I have never had any major issues with any of the my Ford touch or Sync systems Iv used. Sure they will glitch from time to time, but a simple restart of the car or phone always sets it straight. I had more issues with the Bluetooth in my 12 Camaro, than any of my Fords. The MyLink system in our equinox is flawless so far though.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote