Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-31-2014, 02:59 AM   #225
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post
Sorry, I just saw your 'SOS' about your seats and the sunscreen.

You need a good leather cleaner.
I use Adam's.
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-131-a...r-cleaner.aspx

Until you can get some, use a weak solution of warm water and mild dish soap. Rinse well with clean cloth, and dry well with a light colored towel. Put a fan on the seat to facilitate the drying.

I'd get the the Adam's leather cleaner and also get some conditioner.

Seat covers might be a good investment for the summer months as well.

hth
Good luck!
Thanks CK. I figured you would know what to do. Sorry about posting my little rant in your thread. I will delete it.

After poking around on the web about Adams, I discovered that the local dealer is holding a Cars & Coffee this morning! I will check it out and probably have some Adams product by noon today. I may even let him demo the usefulness of his product on my car!
Old 05-31-2014, 09:37 AM   #226
Indydriver

Just got back from Cars & Coffee with a bag of Adams product. The rep was more than happy to do a little demo on my door. The interior clearer took it right off--no elbow grease necessary. Then he followed with leather protectant which also works wonderfully on plastic surfaces. So, I'm now an Adams guy on the interior. He says we'll work on the exterior later. Thanks Steve!
Old 05-31-2014, 10:34 AM   #227
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Cool stuff. Was the lot packed? Went a few wks ago and almost couldn't find a spot.

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 02:02 PM   #228
Indydriver

Yes. I was shocked by how many people were there and the very interesting variety of cars. First time to meet Steve. I didn't realize he was Pres of ING. Good guy. He demo'd all the interior Adams products cleaning up the sunscreen mess on my passenger side. I bought the interior cleaner, leather conditioner and interior detail spray. They look like great products.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:08 PM   #229
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
Just got back from Cars & Coffee with a bag of Adams product. The rep was more than happy to do a little demo on my door. The interior clearer took it right off--no elbow grease necessary. Then he followed with leather protectant which also works wonderfully on plastic surfaces. So, I'm now an Adams guy on the interior. He says we'll work on the exterior later. Thanks Steve!
Good news! Sooooooo glad everything cleaned up nicely!
You don't have to 'delete' anything in my journal...it's all good! We'll look back on this next year and laugh....right?
Old 05-31-2014, 05:14 PM   #230
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Glad it got fixed up. See, no worries! Now HOW about a sound sample of this baby?
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:24 PM   #231
Indydriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
Glad it got fixed up. See, no worries! Now HOW about a sound sample of this baby?
Don't know how to post it.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:34 PM   #232
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
Don't know how to post it.
Google is this cool thing I heard helps

Messing with you!

I actually don't know how to post a vid capture from my phone either. Best way is to do it on YouTube then link to it. That works.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Old 05-31-2014, 06:39 PM   #233
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
You have to upload to YouTube or similar site first

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:39 AM   #234
RodParis

Drives: 2014 2SS Spring Edition Convertible
Hey Indy - I'm reading up on headers - big surprise! I noticed you chose ARH - that kind of seems to be the "go to" brand. You mentioned in your writeup about doing the NPP fuse-pull thing. Did you ever do that and if yes, how did you like it?

Did the ARH make your car too loud - as an ex-Harly rider, I don't mind some noise - in fact prefer it, but not as much as I did 25-years ago. How do you like her sound now?

Thanks and happy driving - Rod

PS - took her to my moms last night - beautiful evening drive, until on the way home. Got caught up in a pretty heavy thunderstorm. So, washed again today - 2 times in 3 days!
RodParis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:41 AM   #235
RodParis

What size did you install for the headers? Looks like I'd need the smaller diameters - got no interest in high-end performance or track fun. But, I like to go from 0-70 in a hurry!
Old 06-01-2014, 02:56 PM   #236
Indydriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodParis View Post
Hey Indy - I'm reading up on headers - big surprise! I noticed you chose ARH - that kind of seems to be the "go to" brand. You mentioned in your writeup about doing the NPP fuse-pull thing. Did you ever do that and if yes, how did you like it?

Did the ARH make your car too loud - as an ex-Harly rider, I don't mind some noise - in fact prefer it, but not as much as I did 25-years ago. How do you like her sound now?

Thanks and happy driving - Rod

PS - took her to my moms last night - beautiful evening drive, until on the way home. Got caught up in a pretty heavy thunderstorm. So, washed again today - 2 times in 3 days!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodParis View Post
What size did you install for the headers? Looks like I'd need the smaller diameters - got no interest in high-end performance or track fun. But, I like to go from 0-70 in a hurry!
If you're going to go headers (and I would highly recommend it) choose your tuner first. My tuner only sells ARH.There's a reason for this. Yes, they may cost more but, you get what you pay for. Mine are 1-7/8 which is the standard size. Get the high flow cats with it. I have not done the fuse pull--no need to-- so can't comment on that. Do you have NPP? My baseline was done after CAI, catch can, separator and lighter wheels/tires. But I gained a very solid 43rwhp after ARH, VMax and dynotune by Mike Norris. So, the improvements are three-fold: power, throttle response and sound. The throttle response improvement is impressive. The sound is just about perfect for me. I don't remember if you have NPP but, it opens on cold start for 10-15 seconds. That is the only situation where it is a bit too loud. In all driving conditions, it is very mellow. The one caveat to that is, I have not driven it at all with the top up so I can't comment on that. I love this combination. Power, throttle response and muscle car sound. Priceless.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:49 PM   #237
Muscle Car Lover

Remember matching parts in a system is HUGE. Indy did it right and got a tuner first who can best match header size with the CAI and throttle body to best maximize his tune for free flow all the way down. Headers, bigger is not always better, depending on heads and exhaust ports and cam specs. Oh man, I gotta stop getting into my engine blueprint days or I am going to buy a crate engine and really build a bullet proof monster!

Old 06-02-2014, 08:39 AM   #238
RodParis

Hi Inday - yes, I have NPP - wouldn't be caught dead without it. I also have the Rx catch can and CSS, CAI by CAI, and a VMAX ported throttle body. I think I'm ready to learn about exhaust/headers. I'm confident I'm on pretty solid ground thus far.

There's a tuner here in Des Moines that's had some positive feedback on C5 - may drop in for a visit with them.
Dual Exhaust
Purchased - April 7, 2014
Current build week: May 5, 2014

Build Code: RSDPWQ