Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-22-2014, 04:20 PM   #15
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Alot of people are mad. I'm confused. It's simple, don't want to get pulled over for speeding?
DONT SPEED HURRRRRR...
Unmarked car or not.
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:26 PM   #16
Ringo701

Drives: Ashen Gray 2012 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
On a professional note....... not sure I understand the logic behind how he has his car angled on that stop? leaves no protection from the rear for passing vehicles and exposes his drivers door to the stopped vehicle? I guess everyone has their own way to do things.
Was thinking the same thing.
Ringo701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:14 PM   #17
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Nifty!!!!
Highway work, "Whats wrong with the street?":
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:48 AM   #18
Alfred15

Drives: 2013 altima SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11TexaSS View Post
San Antonio has a few of them too, even mustangs.
Sure thing on the mustangs I just got a nice shiny new speed ticket today from a phantom mustang police officer in San Antonio. The car was nice though.
Alfred15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:50 AM   #19
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
and they even come out to car shows ......
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2014, 05:59 AM   #20
EXCALIBER

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS.. her name is "Lucille"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupree878 View Post
Friggin unmarked cars. Speed enforcement is the biggest BS in the world.
Yes, please do explain your views....

Because they do a job most wouldn't want to do?
Because they are there to get people to slow down, and drive safely?
Before you say they are writing tickets for the revenue, not a dime of the money paid from traffic citations goes to the Dept. It all goes to the state and local government.
I cant begin to tell you how many freakin idiots have killed or permanently maimed innocent people because of speeding, DUI, texting and driving, or just reckless stupidity.
I cant remember the number of fatal crashes I have seen, and helped clean up over the last 20 years. I hope that you never have to see some of that carnage, or be on the receiving end of a death notification of a loved one due to another idiot driver who thinks that they are above the traffic laws.
I usually let smart assed anti cop comments slide and just ignore it, but you struck a nerve.

As for the HPD car, NICE!!
EXCALIBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:21 AM   #21
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXCALIBER View Post
Yes, please do explain your views....

Because they do a job most wouldn't want to do?
Because they are there to get people to slow down, and drive safely?
Before you say they are writing tickets for the revenue, not a dime of the money paid from traffic citations goes to the Dept. It all goes to the state and local government.
I cant begin to tell you how many freakin idiots have killed or permanently maimed innocent people because of speeding, DUI, texting and driving, or just reckless stupidity.
I cant remember the number of fatal crashes I have seen, and helped clean up over the last 20 years. I hope that you never have to see some of that carnage, or be on the receiving end of a death notification of a loved one due to another idiot driver who thinks that they are above the traffic laws.
I usually let smart assed anti cop comments slide and just ignore it, but you struck a nerve.

As for the HPD car, NICE!!
So many anti-cop morons never think of all these things. They think you guys are out there just to harass the public and empty your ticket books. I, for one sir, appreciate you for the thankless job that you do day in and day out... never really knowing if it will be your last.

I'll say it over and over: Thank You for being out there, protecting and serving everyone. Even the idiots who harass YOU under the cover of forum anonymity.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:21 AM   #22
EXCALIBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn Notice24 View Post
That is such BS. I guess they stopped believing in their own motto. Pathetic money grab from a profession that seems to be filled more and more with bad people. It says a lot about our freedom if we have deliberately disguised police cars. Just ridiculous. Just imagine what it's going to be like in 20 years...
Please help me understand the "motto" that you mentioned.
I'm also, not sure where an unmarked Traffic enforcement unit infringes upon your freedoms.
I would agree that there are some bad apples, that should have never made it through the hiring process, but I guess that's what you get when you relax the standards to fill vacancies. Ive seen it happen quite a bit over the last several years.
Personally, as a citizen, I like the idea of unmarked units. I want as many traffic violators (speeders, DUI's, reckless drivers, etc...) cited and held accountable for their actions. Eventually they will change their driving habits, or spend time in jail, and lose their driving privileges.
I would only offer, that you obey the traffic laws, and never have to deal with those over zealous, ticket writing, thugs that are paid to enforce the laws that your elected officials enacted.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:27 AM   #23
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
On a professional note....... not sure I understand the logic behind how he has his car angled on that stop? leaves no protection from the rear for passing vehicles and exposes his drivers door to the stopped vehicle? I guess everyone has their own way to do things.
Only thing I can come up with that makes any sense is that he's stopped on a downgrade and more than likely doesn't set the P-brake when stopped for that reason. Parked angling outward would allow the car to roll out into the travel lane should the parking pawl disengage or fail.

Side note - I imagine you guys would like to see approaching traffic move over or at least slow down significantly when you're stopped like that. But I'm afraid that too many drivers put both their car and their brain on cruise control.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:41 AM   #24
EXCALIBER

I am curious though, how the heck they can see with the lights, at night. there is already limited view angles, then add the interior lighting...
I have a similar set up in a 2014 Durango SSP, and it has quite the glare when running hot at night.
I love the look, but wouldn't want to work out of one.

And yes it would be nice if everyone would slow down and move over....
You learn to listen for the rumble strips, when standing out there.....
Old 06-23-2014, 06:42 AM   #25
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthpanda View Post
Alot of people are mad. I'm confused. It's simple, don't want to get pulled over for speeding?
DONT SPEED HURRRRRR...
Unmarked car or not.
Exactly! If you don't like speeding tickets...don't speed.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:46 AM   #26
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Side note - I imagine you guys would like to see approaching traffic move over or at least slow down significantly when you're stopped like that. But I'm afraid that too many drivers put both their car and their brain on cruise control. Norm
I believe this is a law now in most (if not all) states... for any emergency-type vehicle with their flashing lights on. It's a good law, IMO.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:34 AM   #27
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
If it isn't, it should be. Hell, it should be common sense just to move over for any obviously attended vehicle that's stopped at the side of the road, flashing lights or not. But people seem to keep driving right down the right hand lane on autopilot just like always. Maybe they need to be sentenced to serve a couple of shifts as the flag person for a work crew.

That is a neat HPD car, not quite undercover at least under that lighting.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:38 PM   #28
Txn22

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
HPD has 10 of these black ghost cars assigned to their traffic division. If I am not mistaken they were privately purchased and donated to the city by Mario Williams when he was here in Houston playing for the Texans. I'll look for the news link.

And MBS to you sir....."harass for cash"....what are freakin moron you are. I'm too pissed to type another word to you except these two more, F.O.