Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-18-2014, 09:08 PM   #29
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
but you get some crazy folks out there riding cycles wanting to race cars. OP, race them next time, show them whose boss
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:30 PM   #30
backbaconrules

Drives: 2011 LT Black
I never understand bikers like that. Reminds me of this video

backbaconrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:36 PM   #31
Darwood

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
but you get some crazy folks out there riding cycles wanting to race cars. OP, race them next time, show them whose boss
I really don't need to show them they're the boss.

I could easily beat my 1LE with my Street Triple. The bike does lose it's go after around 120. That's when I could take it but I don't like to street race. Especially at those speeds.
Darwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:40 PM   #32
Darwood

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteelRider View Post
Yeah, I could easily take 45MPH turns going 75+ with no problem (scared to really test it out to the max). I had Michelin Pilot Power tires, super sticky held like glue. I'd just put the bike in 2nd, turn throttle all the way, and hold on for dear life. 80-120 roll ons are a blast .. if you've never ridden a bike you probably won't get it. As heavy as these cars on, when they are already pushing 80MPH it takes them "quite a while" to get to 120. do it on a bike likely less than 4 seconds, it really makes you say the name of your creator if you get my drift

And, this was on a "crappy" 600CC bike. I can't imagine what a really nice GXR or Kawy Liter would do.
Darwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:49 AM   #33
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
From take off I will agree....but what about midrange?
On the turns, the bike is toast.

Dude, have you driven a 800hp car before, stripped and geared? Fastest bike I ever rode was a 600 back when I was a young pup, but I have driven my share of machinery on 4 wheels.
This argument is moot. For example, I bought a GSXR 750 brand new in '06. It had a dry weight of 359 lbs. (wet was around 375). It was rated at 124 rwhp. (148 at the crank). That is .4hp per pound. For a 4,000 lb. Camaro to match the .4hp per pound, it would need to have 1,600hp!!! Insanity. Most cars will never sniff a bike. Period.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #34
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Still disagree on the turns....

Sledge sais game on, put your knee protectors on, cause you are going to need them.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #35
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Still disagree on the turns....

Sledge sais game on, put your knee protectors on, cause you are going to need them.
So you're saying a car will take a sport bike in the turns? You can't be serious. Watch Moto GP some time. You can lean a bike into the turn (practically parallel to the ground). You can't lean a car.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 08-20-2014, 02:00 PM   #36
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
So you're saying a car will take a sport bike in the turns? You can't be serious. Watch Moto GP some time. You can lean a bike into the turn (practically parallel to the ground). You can't lean a car.
What did I just write above?

Your knee will have to touch the ground I fear....

Game on buddy
Old 08-20-2014, 02:03 PM   #37
DRKS1D3

Quote:
What did I just write above?

Your knee will have to touch the ground I fear....

Game on buddy
Yea...that IS how you steer a bike. What is your point?

Old 08-20-2014, 03:55 PM   #38
punkindave
The Great Punkin

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
I've had both car and bike on the same track.
It's got nothing to do with "lean", the bike is at it's slowest when the knee is down in a turn, max speed is when you are leaning for the shortest time possible. Bikes can brake later, take shorter lines and punch out of the turn a LOT quicker than a car (that's where the advantage is IMHO).
There again, I don't have as much experience with a "race ready" car on the track so I may be missing something.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #39
Camaro Dude

I'm considering posting up a vid or two, but it may stir up the pot, and create a frenzy..

....like a feeding frenzy.

Nah.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:39 PM   #40
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
i watched a video of a indy type car and a moto gp bike..the indy car did a number on the bike in the corners
Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:18 AM   #41
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally mayfield View Post
i watched a video of a indy type car and a moto gp bike..the indy car did a number on the bike in the corners
Reread my post (#35). Most cars will never sniff a bike. The thread started as a sport bike vs. a 1LE. The 1LE has no chance. 600cc or bigger will take it. I've owned many. Not much will match their power to weight ratio. Carry on.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:59 AM   #42
Lickwid Apex
OD

Drives: '18 Challenger R/T
Send a message via Yahoo to Lickwid Apex
I've thoroughly enjoyed being on both sides of the hunt. Back in my Civic days I was trying to race anything with a V6 or more. Then I picked up a Honda F4i. At that point, I never had to race again. That old 600cc bike was quick in a way I'd never understood. Several vehicles later, Im' in my 1LE and a 2012 GSXR1000. So, my 1LE is a fabulous daily driver that suits my need for sporty handling and pep in any gear. But if I want to throw down some G forces I don my helmet and leathers for a bike ride.

Just knowing that there's not much on the road in my area that can take on either my car or bike lets me ignore just about every sidewise glance, highway pacing or red light revving.
Lickwid Apex is offline   Reply With Quote