Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-21-2014, 11:36 PM   #1
Jfurby37

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Finally installed AAC wheel lights

First I'd have to say this is not for the faint at heart. This took quite a while to install, I'd say I have about 12 hours into installing these. Let me know your thoughts. See below the issues I ran into when installing them.

1st- they didn't fit over my calipers as I thought they would
2nd- had to remove calipers, and rotors to install
3rd- didn't come with enough wire to run power
4th- none of the above matters causes they are BA!!!!!

All of the above is true but after I installed them and took a quick lap through my local towns strip I would do it again without a thought. People were pointing, kids were gasping and all ages were giving me the thumbs up. I love my newest mod!! Thanks AAC
Attached Images

Jfurby37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:45 AM   #2
Tigerfan

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray Camaro
Looks good! Nice touch with the green wheels. I want to install some myself but don't have the patience for removing wheels, calipers, etc.
Tigerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:08 AM   #3
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Actually should not have to take off your calipers and rotors to do this install. The op may have done, but have seen others do without removing everything but wheel. Looks great
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:46 PM   #4
Jfurby37

Took additional picture today

Pm send

I took a few more pictures today with a little better lighting. I wanted to mention that I also tied into the fuse box for the front rings and tied into the rear brake lights for the rear rings. Now the wheel lights won't come on until my lights come on. It worked out perfectly, didn't want to add a switch to turn them on.

Last edited by Jfurby37; 09-23-2014 at 02:31 AM.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:36 AM   #5
Jfurby37

Pictures added

Pictures added from today
Attached Images

Last edited by Jfurby37; 09-23-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:46 PM   #6
Jfurby37

Took me a while to figure this out. Sorry

Couldn't
figure out this to add pics finally got it.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jfurby37; 09-23-2014 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:35 PM   #7
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
Looks great!

Could you send me a PM about why you took off the Calipers? We have done several of these on 5th Gen SS Camaros and did not have this problem. Would like some info so we can address in the instructions if there is a certain problem you encountered.
I remember someone else posting on here about the lights not fitting over the brembos, which actually stopped me from purchasing them since I plan on upgrading. When I asked if she could have just taken the brakes off to install them she said it wasn't possible because of the way they ran and had to cut the lights and modify them... said she could not get a hold of you at all but I think it was during the weekend.

I've seen several people complain about it actually. Are there two different options?
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:19 PM   #8
Jfurby37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
I remember someone else posting on here about the lights not fitting over the brembos, which actually stopped me from purchasing them since I plan on upgrading. When I asked if she could have just taken the brakes off to install them she said it wasn't possible because of the way they ran and had to cut the lights and modify them... said she could not get a hold of you at all but I think it was during the weekend.

I've seen several people complain about it actually. Are there two different options?
Hello, I saw that same post but after I bought mine. Honestly you don't have to cut them. I didn't order any bigger size than the normal ones they send for the 5th gen. When I put mine on I actually rested them against the back of the caliper. It really made them more sturdy. If your even thinking about do it stop thinking.......it's BA! You'll never regret it! The look on people's faces when they see them for the first time is priceless!!! Totally worth every single penny!! Trust me!
Old 09-25-2014, 09:43 PM   #9
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfurby37 View Post
Hello, I saw that same post but after I bought mine. Honestly you don't have to cut them. I didn't order any bigger size than the normal ones they send for the 5th gen. When I put mine on I actually rested them against the back of the caliper. It really made them more sturdy. If your even thinking about do it stop thinking.......it's BA! You'll never regret it! The look on people's faces when they see them for the first time is priceless!!! Totally worth every single penny!! Trust me!
They're definitely on my to-do list but so are a thousand other things

I would've gotten them already but colorshift would be so nice to go with color shift halos T_T gotta save up if I'm gonna do that though
Old 09-25-2014, 10:59 PM   #10
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
Are these legal to use when driving around city street, highways or freeways? I would guess not, and in California I would think this would be a huge fine?
A huge fine? As long as they are street legal colors I doubt an officer would pull you over and worst case is a fix-it ticket in which case you turn off the lights and get it signed off?
I'm sure green would be illegal in CA but either way most people would not drive around with these on. It is more for show