Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-28-2015, 01:47 PM   #29
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
The thing is any of the kits will hit your goals with ease, be reliable, fun, and put a smile on your face. When you want more later that is where the differences show up.

Centri, PD, turbo will all make 450-500rwhp without even pushing them.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:48 PM   #30
SoChrisB

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
I really appreciate everyone's kind insight. I am leaning toward the Maggie or Whipple. Doesn't mean I haven't ruled out a centrifical setup. The biggesr question is - where do I get to get the best deal on the supercharger? Thanks, again!
SoChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:03 PM   #31
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Saying you will be satisfied with 500whp is lying to yourself. It will be satisfying for about a day or two then you will be looking for more. Depends on your personality also i guess.

Save yourself some money and go TT to start. AGP can get you easily to 600 with no other mods.

My Centri was a ton of fun but these TT completely changed the car.

Do your research and decide.....Good luck!
+1
IF 500whp was honestly going to be enough, then a PD blower is great. They are efficient down at that low of boost and do have that instant power hit. And you can actually manage all the heat they create down at 500whp.
BUT it's not enough in these cars. 500whp is still pretty slow in these cars and you will be slower than bolt-on n/a 5.0's. With the cost of forced induction you are wasting your time if you don't target a minimum of 600whp. And honestly you will only wet your appetite at 600whp and will want easy upgradability to 700-800whp.
Centuri or Turbo is the only thing going to get you there right, without all the top mount problems.
We think we make a very good turbo kit for these cars that is pretty revolutionary in the turbo V8 world. Through our design and investments into this kit we have neutralized the potential problems that improperly done turbo kits can create. And we are reaping the major efficiency benefits of turbos. Please take a look at our kits.

We'd love to give Slowhawk the opportunity to see how special out kit really is.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:35 PM   #32
smokum

Drives: 2010 2ssrs
There are many options when supercharging your car. I have had the maggie setup on my car. And now the gm lsa blower. The big difference is factory fit. My maggie had some issues like bearing in rear idler etc. But it worked ok. Made good power. But i have now done the adm lsa swap and it is so much nicer. More torque it seems made easier and runs cooler. I have the lsa swap drive now and has the same zl1 belt configuration. Many vendors dont want you to know that you can buy a gm lsa blower off ebay or on the forum for $500-700. Then get the lsaconversion.com install kit from adm for $2795 and install it yourself or have a shop do it for $1000-1500 and you are in it under $5000. I am in the break in period yet on my build but mine will easily make 700rwhp on my 417 with around 12 psi boost with an m6. Drives perfect and runs perfect. Hard to beat gm engineering.
smokum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:06 PM   #33
forklord

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokum View Post
There are many options when supercharging your car. I have had the maggie setup on my car. And now the gm lsa blower. The big difference is factory fit. My maggie had some issues like bearing in rear idler etc. But it worked ok. Made good power. But i have now done the adm lsa swap and it is so much nicer. More torque it seems made easier and runs cooler. I have the lsa swap drive now and has the same zl1 belt configuration. Many vendors dont want you to know that you can buy a gm lsa blower off ebay or on the forum for $500-700. Then get the lsaconversion.com install kit from adm for $2795 and install it yourself or have a shop do it for $1000-1500 and you are in it under $5000. I am in the break in period yet on my build but mine will easily make 700rwhp on my 417 with around 12 psi boost with an m6. Drives perfect and runs perfect. Hard to beat gm engineering.
700 hp with a blower AND the cost of a built engine and dual pumps most likely. A turbo or centri setup can make 700hp safely on stock bottom end with just a zl1 pump. Even if you want dual pump for safety for either setup...youre still 6 grand or more for a built motor.
2010 2SS- 562whp/634wtq 12 psi on3 turbo 78mm magnum /w aem truboost, pat g cam, Kooks 3" catback, Factory Rep 41s with 285/315 20" michelin PSS, Snow Meth, Hex Hood Vents, ZL1 FP & ADM FPCM /w JMS BAP, ID 850s, DSS lvl 4 axles & aluminum 1 piece D/S, Total Pro BMR bushings, fe4 sways, toe rods & trailing arms, Prothane engine mounts, MGW shifter, eaton true trac, mantic 9000 clutch, idealg master cylinder, JDP clutch oil reservoir, ram clutch pedal adjust, Tick clutch & bleed lines, Dewitts Rad
forklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:26 AM   #34
Youngone

Drives: Supercharged 2013 2SS/RS
ECS centrifugal kit.
Youngone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:36 PM   #35
SoChrisB

So, I went with SLP. My question is I heard the canned tune doesnt turn off AFM. Is it safe to use my Range with it until I get more upgrades and get a custom tune?
Old 01-30-2015, 06:18 PM   #36
Cuejo

Drives: 2013 2ss/rs
I went with a whipple.
I love it, with cam I'm at 650 wheel at 7psi and thinking about bumping to 10 psi.
Cuejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:36 AM   #37
greatmike

Drives: 2010 silver 2SS/RS Camaro
Just bought Ecs.
greatmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:24 AM   #38
PlatinumIce
WILD CANADIAN HEARTBEAT

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE RS, 2014 ZL1& 2024 ZL1
I went through the same pains of trying to decide what I wanted (with limit knowledge of power adders), many good choices out in the market. Decided with Magnuson Heartbeat SC. Some of my reason were to have low IAT, temp recovery, more efficient , lighter weight and fits under the hood without modding my scoop.. But these are advertise comments. Car was completed on Friday and dyno tested. It exceeded my hp goal ( wanted expectation)without changing the fuel pump and extremely happy. So find out what your goal is and you will be happy with any choice to make.
700/633 91Octane Street Tune=750/670 VP109 Race Tune TVS2300 Heartbeat SC,ADM Dual Fuel Pumps/ Module, BRM lowered 1", performance rotors, hawks pads, SS Braided lines, GT-14cam, 78mm pulley, AR LT Headers, Cat Deletes, Borla S catback, tinted, 1/LE emblems, 65lb Injectors, Elite catch can,dual valve springs, titanium retainers, super conductor wires and insulators, Robo Fab CAI, Oversize intercooler reservoir, Oracle ghost side markers, Black out Bowties & SS,ZL1 splash guards, Michelin PSS. Built and tuned by Davenport Motorsports (WILD1LE)
PlatinumIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:39 AM   #39
Hotwheels426

Drives: 2013 2ss hot wheels camaro vert
The tuner that came with mine did turn AFM off...but the range should not hurt anything until you get tuned..
Old 02-02-2015, 11:53 AM   #40
smokum

Drives: 2010 2ssrs
Heartbeat is my next available upgrade someday. Awesome blower. But a bit more money than an lsa kit. Thats why i think people can get onto an lsa and someday if the want to upgrade to the max of what they have it is just a blower swap away by bolting up a heartbeat zl1 replacement blower.
smokum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:09 PM   #41
SoChrisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwheels426 View Post
The tuner that came with mine did turn AFM off...but the range should not hurt anything until you get tuned..
Thank you. I appreciate your response!
Old 02-02-2015, 02:08 PM   #42
LSXBumblebee
LSX Bumblebee

Drives: 2014 LSX Camaro
I love how everyone says "Go TT, Go TT" and I am sitting here like "****ing C.A.R.B" You guys are all lucky S.O.Bs
LSXBumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote