Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-02-2015, 07:54 PM   #1
Beckmann2420
Infantry leads the way!

Drives: 2012 SW L99 2SS/RS
P0700, P0723, P0300, P0011 and TC install

So a little backround story.... Back in Dec '14 I got my cam in and got tuned but the shop didn't have time to install the TC. Since then ive gotten the P0011 that comes on everyonce in a while. I usually clear it but sometimes it goes away on its own. I spoke with 2 shops and the business I got the cam from and they suggested I should just permanately delete the CEL. The car drives/feels/sounds fine.

A couple of weeks ago, I finally got the TC put in. Due to family issues and the tuner being busy, I haven't been able to get the car tuned again after the TC install. Since ive gotten the TC in, everyonce in a while ill get the P0300 random misfire code. When the code comes on, I don't notice anything different and the car feels/drives/sounds fine.

On a side note, while driving and I let off the gas, it gets kind of jerky sometimes. This doesn't happen all the time. When it does happen, no CELs are thrown.

Just today as I was coming back home after doing some grocery shopping, I came to a stop sign and once I starting going again, the car felt like it was in too high a gear and had a hard time accelerating. Luckily it happened only about 100 meters away from my house. I noticed the CEL came on. I scanned the codes and it read as P0700 "transmission control module (TCM) requested MIL Illumination" and P0723 "Output speed sensor circuit intermittent".

Now I know I definitely need a tune after installing the TC. But due to personal issues and being super busy, the tuner hasn't had time. Im still trying to get it tuned ASAP.

Are these normal CELs for having installed a TC and not getting tuned yet? Or am I looking at something more sinister?

Borla ATAK Catback
C.A.I CAI
JRE Scoop
Elite Catch Can
Bo White Ported Throttle Body
PFADT Tri-Y Long Tube Headers
High Flow Cats
NOWEEDS
GPI VVT SS3 Cam
Circle D 3800 Torque Converter
Tuned by Southwest Speed
Beckmann2420 is offline   Reply With Quote