Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-15-2015, 11:53 AM   #57
RodParis

Drives: 2014 2SS Spring Edition Convertible
Hi All - I've seen this question, but must have missed an answer? I love the windscreen - love the looks and the service it provides. yea, it's spendy.... but, If you can drive a new Camaro Vert, then what's a few pennies, right? It's like when someone asks about gas mileage... If that were a concern, then I wouldn't be in a Camaro SS - I'd be driving a Mini-Cooper or something....

Anyway - my question: I'm not sure how to fold the darned thing up? I've tried everything I can think of short of forcing it and must be missing something. Is there a trick to it? I can't be the only guy wondering.

Happy motoring, boys. Rod
Dual Exhaust
Purchased - April 7, 2014
Current build week: May 5, 2014

Build Code: RSDPWQ
RodParis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:56 AM   #58
RodParis

Nevermind - Figured it out. For those of you wondering - there's a red catch on one end that needs to be pulled to loosen the thing up. I was looking in the center which was where I thought the problem was.

Now, back to the garage!
Dual Exhaust

Old 03-15-2015, 08:11 PM   #59
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Next trick is fitting it in the OE storage bag.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:15 PM   #60
mdolandese

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Victory Red Vert
I'd love to get one, but until I hear a fix about the marks on the rear seat I'm going to have to pass . It really sucks though I really want this bad but my OCD will kill me looking at that mark all the time and would piss me off to know end. And yes it does matter to me. My Zl1 has to be perfect especially if it's something I know I could avoid.
mdolandese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:19 AM   #61
RodParis

You are right, Indy - getting the windscreen and the toneau cover back in the bags took work - had to look to my friends on this list to get that figured out too. What's funny - they both sat around the garage all winter not folded up, now that the weather is warm, I figured out how to bag 'em up.
Dual Exhaust

Old 03-19-2015, 06:36 AM   #62
Indydriver

Hey Rod...

Since I'm bored and there's not much action on the vert board, why don't you tell us about your first year of life with SSE vert in Iowa. I'll bet there aren't many around there and you are constantly turning heads. Any mods yet?
Old 03-19-2015, 06:38 AM   #63
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
I use mine all the time and wouldn't be without one. Works great and keeps the warmth in with the heater or the cool in with the a/c by circulating better and keeping that atmosphere in the car, especially with the windows up as needed.
Attached Images

SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:59 AM   #64
RodParis

Hi Indy - Happy too. I just rolled over 5K on miles - not the daily drive. She certainly turns heads and have yet to see a car on the road that I'd rather be driving. I put XPel on the entire front, back to the doors, A-Frames, Mirrors, door edges and handle cups. And, the bottom 1/3 of the doors (the installer had to hand jive the grounds effects, no template for it). Rocker panels, gills and up around the tires. Money very well spent and it looks great. It wasn't cheap, but the installer was top shelf. I'm really regretting not putting Xpel on the rear bumper and trunk lid - heck, by then I'm about 90% to the whole thing - considering that.

Mods? CAI Cold Air Intake and VMAX ported throttle body so far. Also, per your suggestion, the windscreen is invaluable - love it. Also picked up the OEM car cover for winter - I only put it on immediately after detailing, or when I'm not done detailing and want to keep the dust off until I'm done. Next move, I think, is interior lighting kit for cup holders, footwells, etc.

I like parking it with the top down when I'm in a restaurant or anywhere really where I can see the people stop and admire....sometimes it's the women, mostly it's the men. I love the manual transmission combined with the NPP exhaust. Pulled the exhaust fuse for a while and liked the rumble, but we do a lot of highway driving and the road rumble got old after a while, so I put it back in. I kind of wish I'd invested in the short-throw shifter - it's about the only option that I didn't go for.

Finally, I've spent a bunch of cash on detailing gear, Griot polisher, various elixers and potions to keep it detailed. Never had much interest in car detailing before, but I've enjoyed learning how to detail correctly - it's therapy for me to go out to the garage and work with her....

As I said, I've not seen anything I'd rather be driving.... LOVE IT!
Dual Exhaust

Old 03-19-2015, 01:22 PM   #65
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdolandese View Post
I'd love to get one, but until I hear a fix about the marks on the rear seat I'm going to have to pass . It really sucks though I really want this bad but my OCD will kill me looking at that mark all the time and would piss me off to know end. And yes it does matter to me. My Zl1 has to be perfect especially if it's something I know I could avoid.

"Only" an SS here, but +1 on the OCD!
Old 03-19-2015, 02:17 PM   #66
Indydriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodParis View Post
I like parking it with the top down when I'm in a restaurant or anywhere really where I can see the people stop and admire....

As I said, I've not seen anything I'd rather be driving.... LOVE IT!
I bet it looks great with the top down and that blue leather showing....

Hope to meet you sometime this summer at a rally. I recently retired so planning to get out there more. You planning to attend any?

Also, re: short shifters, I put this one in my Mazdaspeed3 and it was top quality all the way. http://www.twmperformance.com. They are a sponsor here so I will assume they've got a nice kit for Camaro. Another bonus to the TWM kit vs OE is that you'll be able you use their myriad of custom shift knobs.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:02 PM   #67
BillM

Drives: 2014 Convertible Summit White 1LT
Thought the OEM was too expensive so I designed my own. It uses the holes designed for the OEM.

The color matches the tan trim.
Attached Images