Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-12-2015, 12:11 PM   #267
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Drives: 2012 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiocamaro View Post
Damn, why u sanding all it off
The shop I took it to refused to listen to what I explained to them and didn't read the instructions provided by Rideskinz . They did not sand the bumper or properly clean all of it it prior to painting it. This resulted in large sections of the paint peeling off. My buddy and I have removed all of the loose paint and sanded the entire bumper smooth and even.

Appearance Mods: 20" Havoc wheels with 245 Nittos up front and 275 Toyos in the rear, 1LT Badges by Emblem Pros, NS1 inspired striping, Aggressor 2 fascia, T-Rex Phantom Grille, 4 pack gauge cluster, Hydro dipped engine bay, Iggee synthetic leather seat covers

Audio Mods: Rockford Fosgate P3 12", Rockford Fosgate 1000w amp

Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404436
Uhoh5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:29 PM   #268
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Drives: yellow camaro, black stripes
I hope u got your money back because they bullshitted the job
Reggiocamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:42 PM   #269
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiocamaro View Post
I hope u got your money back because they bullshitted the job
Oh I did. Stupid shop manager tried telling me it would never work. I can't wait to drive by his shop giving him the California Howdy.

Appearance Mods: 20" Havoc wheels with 245 Nittos up front and 275 Toyos in the rear, 1LT Badges by Emblem Pros, NS1 inspired striping, Aggressor 2 fascia, T-Rex Phantom Grille, 4 pack gauge cluster, Hydro dipped engine bay, Iggee synthetic leather seat covers

Old 05-12-2015, 01:46 PM   #270
Blckscrpn

Drives: 2012 LT
Wow! I'm glad you got your money back from that idiot!
Blckscrpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:02 PM   #271
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blckscrpn View Post
Wow! I'm glad you got your money back from that idiot!
Thanks! They had my bumper for almost two months. My buddy and I have put in close to 18 hours on the bumper, which is more work than they had done in the two months. I had to file a complaint with the BBB to get my money back. My only regret in this entire process is not making it a DIY project from the beginning. It does seem intimidating at first but just take your time and it will work. I will have a DIY thread put up once I am finished with mine.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #272
Mikey D

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Was scheduled to pick mine up today, but painter still having problems with the paint. Not sure if this is a product of the bumper or an error by the painter. Also looks like the line where black meets yellow is rough in the lower right corner. The shop said this is the most difficult bumper they've ever worked on. Took them awhile to get it fit properly and this pic is the 2nd paint job. He is repainting the black again and I really hope to get it tomorrow afternoon or Thursday morning. Today marks 2 weeks since I have driven my car.

Mikey D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:33 PM   #273
Mikey D

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhoh5oh View Post
I've got pics of the work I'm doing on mine. Many more to come. The sanding is pretty much done. Will be doing a test fitting this weekend. Attachment 715786Attachment 715787Attachment 715788
Man that really sucks your shop half assed it that bad. And on top of that making you wait 2 months. Shockingly horrific service.
Mikey D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:33 PM   #274
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

I had no issue with paint besides coming out too dark, I am repainting it this weekend a little brighter
Old 05-13-2015, 10:12 PM   #275
RGV2SSRS

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS
Wow, glad I went with my gut and didn't get on the group buy.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:43 AM   #276
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Anyone know the size of the mesh grille?
Old 05-14-2015, 10:36 AM   #277
DesertCamaro

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGV2SSRS View Post
Wow, glad I went with my gut and didn't get on the group buy.
I agree. But, on the other hand, in order to look unique you're going to have to put some work into it to stand out.

I just hope people realize this is not a direct bolt on deal, and more $ will be needed for prep. I think the bumper looks awesome FWIW.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:10 PM   #278
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertCamaro View Post
I agree. But, on the other hand, in order to look unique you're going to have to put some work into it to stand out.

I just hope people realize this is not a direct bolt on deal, and more $ will be needed for prep. I think the bumper looks awesome FWIW.
That's not exactly true. These bumpers are more of a hit or miss kind of thing. They're not built for quality or to last. They're a flimsy polyurethane material that requires more work than they're honestly worth.

At the end of the day, if you take them to a reputable shop that can make it work, it will end up costing more than a ZL1 Front Fascia.

That's why most people DIY, because that's what this really requires to make it work. Tons of DIY and lots of time. Which both save money, which in the end is what really makes this bumper worth it.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:20 PM   #279
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

I put little diy into it.. only thing needed now is the correct paint to match.. some bumper may be bad. I like my bumper and everyone loves it
Old 05-14-2015, 04:25 PM   #280
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...27972487310990

There's my car right there... of course I can't see it in person and I haven't yet.

I just told them to throw my original fascia back on there and call it a day, now I'm going to work on a refund.

They said it folds ever so slightly in the middle by the grille.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote