Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-14-2015, 08:50 PM   #281
Mikey D

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
My shop can't get the paint right. I was just there and sent it back again. Unbelievable they have all the pics and info they need!

The urethane material looks fine under yellow paint, but honestly looks kind of cheapish in the black areas. They also mentioned the slight fold in the middle. I am considering pulling the plug and cutting my losses. I hope someone else has better luck and can get it looking near perfect. I am also picking mine up tomorrow with the stock bumper back on in the meantime.
Mikey D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:56 PM   #282
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey D View Post
My shop can't get the paint right. I was just there and sent it back again. Unbelievable they have all the pics and info they need!

The urethane material looks fine under yellow paint, but honestly looks kind of cheapish in the black areas. They also mentioned the slight fold in the middle. I am considering pulling the plug and cutting my losses. I hope someone else has better luck and can get it looking near perfect. I am also picking mine up tomorrow with the stock bumper back on in the meantime.
My shop called me back and refused to give up (probably because they know I'm good for the money).

So what they're going to do is attempt to heat the middle part up and mold a metal plate underneath it to stabilize it .... They're confident they'll make it work.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Other than that facebook post, I don't have any other updates.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:58 PM   #283
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Drives: 2012 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
My shop called me back and refused to give up (probably because they know I'm good for the money).

So what they're going to do is attempt to heat the middle part up and mold a metal plate underneath it to stabilize it .... They're confident they'll make it work.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Other than that facebook post, I don't have any other updates.
Fingers crossed for you.

Appearance Mods: 20" Havoc wheels with 245 Nittos up front and 275 Toyos in the rear, 1LT Badges by Emblem Pros, NS1 inspired striping, Aggressor 2 fascia, T-Rex Phantom Grille, 4 pack gauge cluster, Hydro dipped engine bay, Iggee synthetic leather seat covers

Audio Mods: Rockford Fosgate P3 12", Rockford Fosgate 1000w amp

Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404436
Uhoh5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:40 PM   #284
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
I bought one from a member here before the group buy happened. Going to take it to the body shop on Monday. All of these horror stories have me worried. I did discuss this with the body shop and they are confident they can make it work. I'm hoping that since mine is from a different batch I won't have the same issues. I have noticed some differences such as the large 'straps' in the grille area. Mine does not have that and the crease is completely gone in mine. I'll post pics when done, or not.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:48 PM   #285
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Drives: yellow camaro, black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
I bought one from a member here before the group buy happened. Going to take it to the body shop on Monday. All of these horror stories have me worried. I did discuss this with the body shop and they are confident they can make it work. I'm hoping that since mine is from a different batch I won't have the same issues. I have noticed some differences such as the large 'straps' in the grille area. Mine does not have that and the crease is completely gone in mine. I'll post pics when done, or not.
I really didn't have issues putting it on myself, I really wonder if some are just bad product
Reggiocamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 04:24 AM   #286
Mikey D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post

I really hope it works out for you, my brother. The Aggressor bumper is awesome looking in pictures, the best looking I have seen! But I question it's ability to hold up over time and if its center bends, how will it hold up 100+ mph? I am out, already pulled the plug. I am going with the ZL1 fascia.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:50 PM   #287
Blckscrpn

Drives: 2012 LT
Wow I too am very worried. I went by my shop and discussed with the owner all of your concerns and my body shop feels there shouldn't be a problem but because it's a custom job it will take some work. However you never know until they actually get the bumper! I was supposed to receive my bumper a week and a half ago but there seemed to be some kind of miscommunication between Tony and the co. that makes the bumper. Tony has assured me it went out May 13. Prayers up above and I'll keep you posted!
Blckscrpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:00 PM   #288
Blckscrpn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiocamaro View Post
Anyone know the size of the mesh grille?
I bought (1) 16" x 48" mesh grill and (1) 16" x 23" mesh grill from CustomCarGrills on eBay,
Old 05-16-2015, 11:35 PM   #289
Mikey D

Here is a pic of mine back at my house. After the painter screwed up 3 times and they had my car for 17 days, I just pulled the plug on them and only got half my $$ back since they did get the bumper fit. I love the look of this bumper. Yellow looks good, the black he painted with a grainy, rough surface identical to the feel of the stock 1LE splitter. I told him 3 times I wanted it to match the spoiler, not the splitter! You'll also notice he took the black color up too high, only supposed to be black on the lowest level. Near the heritage grille, the bumper is wavy but straightens out when connected and a heat gun.

So the search for new shop begins. This time around I won't let them keep my car while the work is going on.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:21 PM   #290
Blckscrpn

I received my bumper today. Can anyone tell me what should be in the box other than the bumper and the directions? That is all I received. I ordered LED DRL's with it but they were not included.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:36 PM   #291
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blckscrpn View Post
I received my bumper today. Can anyone tell me what should be in the box other than the bumper and the directions? That is all I received. I ordered LED DRL's with it but they were not included.
The drls should have been in the box

Appearance Mods: 20" Havoc wheels with 245 Nittos up front and 275 Toyos in the rear, 1LT Badges by Emblem Pros, NS1 inspired striping, Aggressor 2 fascia, T-Rex Phantom Grille, 4 pack gauge cluster, Hydro dipped engine bay, Iggee synthetic leather seat covers

Old 05-28-2015, 08:12 PM   #292
Blckscrpn

Thanks! So that's the only thing I'm missing? (No other hardware for the bumper)
Old 05-28-2015, 08:13 PM   #293
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blckscrpn View Post
Thanks! So that's the only thing I'm missing? (No other hardware for the bumper)
Nope. You will use the hardware from your factory bumper.

Old 05-28-2015, 08:35 PM   #294
Blckscrpn

Thank you! I'm off to the shop in the morning to see what they think of the bumper and install!