Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-06-2015, 07:21 PM   #57
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irocsc View Post
Look up the prices of 2014 2015 Camaros in Vancouver BC and you'll see how much more expensive they are. I doubt I'd be spending $20,000 on a couple of bumpers and a hood.
It's a hell of a lot more then a couple of bumpers and a hood.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:22 PM   #58
1Canuck

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Quote:
I can't quote all of you so I'll sum most of it up here. No I'm not a troll I've been away from the car scene for a few years. I bought a cobalt as a daily driver and that was a regret. I just want a car with the looks even if it doesn't have the power. Someone asked how much hp my iroc made I think it's in the mid 400 range but I can't give you a for sure answer on that as it may be higher or even lower for all I know!

The RS I am looking at is a convertible just over $30k so jumping up to an SS from there will put me in the high $50's.
I noticed there are three convertibles around $33k in metro Vancouver, 2014 new on three lots.
1Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:24 PM   #59
Irocsc

Drives: 1988 IROC-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
It's a hell of a lot more then a couple of bumpers and a hood.

If you read the original post you'll see that I am not looking for the performance.
I didn't realize how much of a touchy subject this would be!
Irocsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:25 PM   #60
Irocsc

Drives: 1988 IROC-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Canuck View Post
I noticed there are three convertibles around $33k in metro Vancouver, 2014 new on three lots.
Those are the ones I'm referring to theyre silver V6 models
Irocsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:31 PM   #61
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Look up the prices of 2014 2015 Camaros in Vancouver BC and you'll see how much more expensive they are. I doubt I'd be spending $20,000 on a couple of bumpers and a hood.
Here are the price differences in the states for convertible models.
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2015, 07:45 PM   #62
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Make it a Ferrari?

If you're gonna rebadge, why not go all out...
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2015, 07:50 PM   #63
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
So if I swapped bumpers and hood (SS options) and left out the SS badges it would be ok because I'm not labelling it as a SS correct? Just like a SS owner putting a supercharger on their car and not putting a ZL1 badge.
You can do anything that makes you happy. It's your car and your money. I now think you should go all the way to Z28. No one will ever know the difference.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:17 PM   #64
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
A V6 with the RS package already looks good and close enough to the V8 to where I think it's a waste of money to further enhance the look to a stock V8 which is just a minor difference that 95% of the population wont even notice.

Worrying about gas money but wasting money to make a V6 look like a V8 makes no sense what-so-ever. Get a V6 RS and be happy!
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:18 PM   #65
bluebonn
Texas

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
This is true...I work with a guy that bought a v6 with the rs package. Now another Co worker asked me about my car. He's looking at getting a v6. I can honestly say both guys love the look of the camaro.....they don't know how to tell if the car is a v6 or v8 and really don't seem to care. I think this is the attitude of your average car owner these days.

yep you are right my LT gets confused with a v8 all the time maybe it's because of the quad exhaust and z28 spoiler dunno but I like the attention my car gets around here daily

Can't wait for the 2016 release because a SS will be sitting in my garage next
Old 06-06-2015, 08:31 PM   #66
bluebonn
Texas

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot LS3
Quote:
So if I swapped bumpers and hood (SS options) and left out the SS badges it would be ok because I'm not labelling it as a SS correct? Just like a SS owner putting a supercharger on their car and not putting a ZL1 badge.

Just do what you wanna do to your car. who cares what the others think. By a LT/RS and make it look like whatever you wish. Whatever you can afford. It is a helluva lot funner making the car look like you want then actually buying it that way. I spent six months getting my car looking the way i wanted it to and did not care what other think. I have a z28 spoiler and a SS diffuser and so on and so on.

It's just fun owning any type of camaro and that is all that really matters ALWAYS REMEMBER A V8 WILL GET STOLEN WAY BEFORE A V6
Old 06-06-2015, 08:36 PM   #67
RedRaven

Drives: 2012 2SS M6 CRT
My advice would be to test drive the LT and the SS twice each. First time, normal driving. Second time as spirited as you think you will be, and STOMP on it once. If you want pretty, just get the LT and do what you want. If you want even occasional power and handling, get the SS. Most people (who aren't car people) can't tell the difference. Even people close to you will ask you how you like your new Mustang!

I got the pretty with the color. I got what satisfies my driving style with the SS, and it's been bone-stock for almost 3 years now.

It's your car. Do what you want with it. I do, however, agree about badging. Don't call it something it isn't.

First real car: 1968 Malibu, '67 283, Canary yellow
RedRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:35 PM   #68
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
I like how everyone says to get what you can afford. It's not all about money. It's about what makes sense to you personally. My 2LT sits between cars in my garage that are worth six figures each. The V6 is fine for a commuter car with decent handling a enough power to hold its own against most.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 10:12 PM   #69
Lostboy1987

Drives: '15 BVM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
If you read the original post you'll see that I am not looking for the performance.
I didn't realize how much of a touchy subject this would be!
I think it would be less of a touchy subject if the stated goal in your original post was to customize and achieve a look that is most aesthetically pleasing to you personally. Asking what it's going to take to deceive others is going to draw some heat. You don't seem to indicate that your motivation is to create what you like, but to create what you think everybody else will like.

Lostboy1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 10:45 PM   #70
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Here are the price differences in the states for convertible models.
US price has nothing to do with it. In Canada we get bent over and they use the vaseline jar with sand it. When I bought my 2SSRS in June of 09 I paid 6k more in Canada then my friends to the south did and the dollar was close to par.