Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #267
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
Part of that is because the wing serves as an ergonomic handle so you can stand at proper pushing height. I bet the trap would be 2 or 3 mph faster and that's what you'd notice in real world pushing.
Hmmm but you would get "Wing Flex" and thus lower your time. The real difference is in the weight I believe. The Camaro with its 20's would contribute to its lower trap times as you would need considerable more PTQ(Push Torque) to get that mass moving.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:02 AM   #268
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
Hmmm but you would get "Wing Flex" and thus lower your time. The real difference is in the weight I believe. The Camaro with its 20's would contribute to its lower trap times as you would need considerable more PTQ(Push Torque) to get that mass moving.
THATS PROOF! Nothing but rice-crap because the wing doesnt have an integrated push bar built into the wing! That right there is low quality Lancer thinking.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #269
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
I agree, It would take much more torque to get the Camaro moving...

I think the ultimate kicker here is that with the Evo, you could very well be traveling with 4 people in the car, where as with the Camaro you could only convince 1 of your friends to join you.

4 people pushing a lighter car would trap at LEAST 5-7mph faster .
Old 08-27-2009, 11:15 AM   #270
rodscamaro

Drives: 07' TAHOE LTZ
Who cares about the evo, if that whats you want than get it!! This comparison should not get this much attention, these cars are two different animals. Camaro hands down!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 11:19 AM   #271
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodscamaro View Post
Who cares about the evo, if that whats you want than get it!! This comparison should not get this much attention, these cars are two different animals. Camaro hands down!!!
Well the whole last page has just been a mockery- so now it's only getting attention of the junior PWA thread sort of variety.

And I think Brick would get out of the hole faster but Jordi would pass him after the 1/8th.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #272
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
Well the whole last page has just been a mockery- so now it's only getting attention of the junior PWA thread sort of variety.

And I think Brick would get out of the hole faster but Jordi would pass him after the 1/8th.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:39 PM   #273
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
The TR6060 is bulletproof,
Ohhhhhhhhh reeaaaaaaaaaaally....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
So my friend got the kids number and he gave him a call today... Dealership is claiming that gears inside the TR6060 shattered.

They are replacing it right now and claim this is the 5th car they have done this on...

5th car from one dealership... ....

Not a good ratio...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
There were no less than 5 2010 SS's at the track last night.

Well this LS3 car pulls up to the staging beams on street tires, stages and tachs it up using launch control, I was standing directly next to it at the guard rail.

When he lets out the clutch the tires spin for a split second and then what sounded like someone firing a damn .45.

Engine was still running so he tried to pull away and it just free rev'd, after being pushed off to the side a couple of us climbed under the car and the axles are fine, driveshaft is fine and the transmission goes through all gears smoothly... I am 99.9% sure he shattered the output shaft on the T6060 as had been reported happening to some of these cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLSK View Post
Tremec has been falling on their face lately.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:12 AM   #274
ironpeddler

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
The Tremec is failing in the Camaro, in other cars it's fine.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:00 AM   #275
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpeddler View Post
The Tremec is failing in the Camaro, in other cars it's fine.
More or less... I don't recall any GT500's having problems with it.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:49 PM   #276
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
This thread has run its course. Try again some other time

My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum

Closed Thread