Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

View Poll Results: Bowling Green again?
Yes for 2016 153 65.38%
Out West or somewhere else 1st 81 34.62%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2015, 10:51 AM   #197
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
This is what I said years ago in the '2 Fests per Year' discussion. One in the west and one in the east. I had said it would need to be at the same place every year on each side. And I had bet that the east would show way more attendance.

The F-Body Gathering is on it's way out. I guess nothing lasts forever.
That would be a great idea as long as the mods were up for it. You could have an east team and west team and using the same venue each year would reduce the work load significantly.

The east show would definitely have higher attendance. 60% of the US population is within 600 miles of Louisville, Ky (just north of Bowling Green). The west coast has a high population density but there just aren't near as many people west of the Rockies.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:26 AM   #198
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Yes i am funny but no where in that post did i say their were to little cars at AZ, i simply said the west coast turnout wasn't what it should have been given the year in and out griping they have about it not being out west. AZ was practically down the road for SoCal region and i know for a fact their turnout wasn't that great that doesn't mean in the past 4+ years they havent grown but Baytown, TX will be my next arguement another awesome fest with a lackluster west coast turnout when you take into consideration the distance gripes they have against the east coast fests Baytown was more or less dead center for travel for most regions.
Like others have said, it was a good 23 Hr drive from Socal, you will not get a good turnout if you have to spend 2 days getting there and then 2 days back, most members have a hard time going that far IMO.

One more thing and this is for the MOD's, You may want to find a vendor in the place you pic, to go to all the dealers car shops to put out fliers so all the Camaro owners know your coming to town, may be do a coupon to save some on the gate fee, any way i am a Camaro nut and will make it out any where you have it.

Wow i know, can we do Alaska next that will be fun. LOL
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 12:55 PM   #199
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post

Wow i know, can we do Alaska next that will be fun. LOL
That cold air our engines will love it!!!!

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 03:25 PM   #200
Gen5JerzyGirl
Gen5JerzyGirl

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 1LT BB BLUE
Bowling Green did not disappoint!! If it is to return we will probably take a week and explor TN or Possibly Branson MO. The Canadian crew did Nashville and loved it!
Old 08-20-2015, 05:45 PM   #201
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Yeah when it comes to the East coast it will be very hard to out do Bowling Green. They are very accustomed to the car fests and gatherings and nationals big time. The local food supply is awesome, local or nearby attractions that are family oriented and the local PD is cool as long as you are. Can easily make a week out of it and still have just 3 days of competition.
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:13 PM   #202
goatslapper
12.527@112.33 MPH

Drives: 2010 black ss/rs cgm stripes
I can concurrently verify that the central jersey camaro5 club worked bowling Green and Nashville. People are just so much fun out there and I know even though not all raced their cars, I have a whole year to convince them. They did good with the rest of the festivities in the lots and Nashville.
Never forget it. Just awesome.
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2015, 07:40 PM   #203
ex-SS-ve

i would be in for a west c5 fest. az or California even better. the drive is much more scenic than anything on the east coast. the roadtrips anywhere east are long and boring..
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:17 PM   #204
Bo White

Driving through the colorful Smokey Mountains is just a nice. I love the desert Ill admit since I drove out to NM a few years ago so lol.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:34 PM   #205
One Sick Camaro
That Cam though...

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS 02 T/A WS6 15 SSV
Yes I rocked Nashville lol place was a blast with the best people.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:40 PM   #206
vja 2014 zl1

Drives: 2018 Triple Black ZL1 A10
I have two Iron Butt certificates(1000 miles in less than 24 hrs) from when I was riding motorcycles, and another half/dozen that weren't documented. I'll go wherever it is provided I can get away from work.
vja 2014 zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:26 PM   #207
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
I can honestly say that wherever they put next years fest it should be great again because the organizers do a great job to make sure it's worth the drive for everyone who shows. There will be some years that some people feel they have to miss cause it's further for them, that's expected I guess . I sure was sorry that I could not make the trip to Texas last year. If we get the date and location early enough I am sure we all can plan ahead and more will show.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:54 PM   #208
dbauer

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3 M6 Convertible
Just something to think about.
As it was stated by one of the organizers, Indy 1 had a great feel and vibe, and created a buzz to have it there a second year in a row. The second time was somewhat of a letdown, as the venue remained the same. It is very possible that this could happen with Bowling Green as well. BG was a great time, and I'll never bitch if it is in Indy, as I live 3 miles from IRP, but a new venue would be the most likely candidate to keep the buzz and vibe high every year.
dbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:42 AM   #209
Bo White

Ive been to LSfest and the NMRA finals in BG for a few years. It hasnt got old yet. I was syked when it was revealed that c5fest was going to be there this year.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:44 AM   #210
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Of all the fest's, I've missed 2.

The 1st fest I wasn't aware of till it happened, and the second fest I missed was Fest 4, I missed that one willingly b/c I was not going to drive 20+ hours to the same location two years in a row.

Now BG IMO was a much better fest than Indy or Bay Town, I would have to place it right up there with Phoenix. But, I most likely would not return if it was held in BG next year, just due to the simple fact that we try to make our summer vacation around Camaro Fest, we like to see different parts of the country to spend our week or two in.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to return to BG in 3 or 4 years, just not two years in a row.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote