Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-22-2015, 08:58 AM   #43
Davy_Baby9

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting46 View Post
Remember, you guys are arguing 2SS prices. 2ss isn't where the numbers come from, neither is 1ss.

Can we get a comparison of the 2Lt vs the ford v6, and the 2LT + V6 vs the ecoboost? that's where the sales war is going to happen
That is a good point, from what I gather, these are the base numbers.

1LT Camaro - $25,700
2LT Camaro - $29,800

V6 Stang - $23,800
Ecoboost - $25,300
EcoPremium - $29,300

Challenger SXT - $26,995
SXT Plus - $29,995

Again, if you just want a V8, the Mustang and Challenger present way cheaper options.
Davy_Baby9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:59 AM   #44
BryceClark89

Drives: 01 Alero GLSV6/ 07 ZX-14/ 06GTO
Its actually pretty simple right now you can not configure a 2015 2SS that will handle like the new 2016 2SS .If you try to make a gen 5 with all the bells and whistles perform like the new gen 6 you are looking at 45thousand easy. So lets say the 2SS with MRC is 41-45 thousand. ..are you losing any performance? No your gaining performance how hard is that to see?
Owned lifted 88 dakota two door short bed V6 4x4, Yellow/black LB9 powered 85 IrocZ28 MODS Edlebrock intake, throttle body spacers and mass air flow sensor, Edlebrock full exhaust, K&N drop in's, B&M 700r4 shift kit. 2001.olds alero GLSV6, BIKE~ 2007 Lazer Metallic Blue ZX-14
BryceClark89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:26 AM   #45
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Here is my 2 cents.. I think we all have different views on this. But we all have a line drawn as to how much we are willing to spend for what ever. Like I'm just not paying a $100 for a pair of sneakers. Same goes for a Camaro. Just think I bought my 1SS right under $34K in 2012. I know the new 1SS will have more features, but it's still has the potential to push $40K or more. Now if entertain the idea of paying $40K plus for a Camaro, then I may say what is another $10K over 5-6 years to get into Vette with my supplier discount. And that's what I'm afraid of. That many consumers will take that route and will the Camaro take the crown back from the Mustang??
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:34 AM   #46
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
I think It's too early to really determine if pricing is too high. We haven't been able to drive them, we haven't been able to see them in person (ok some of us have), we haven't seen final numbers on weight or performance.

I don't think it's reasonable for GM to increase the performance, the interior, the tech, the weight, and keep the same pricing. They simply decided to make a better car, and some people will gladly pay for that.

Don't forget there's still a base model yet to be released. I have a feeling that Gen 6 will be a successful endeavor.

The comparison to Mustang 5.0 is difficult, you can't get MRC on a 5.0 or even a standard GT350, you have to get a GT350 w Track Pack = $55K ish.

Also, we have to understand that GM, Ford, Dodge etc. are in business to make money, the "Muscle Car Wars" are hotter than ever and this is adding to price, it is simple supply and demand at it's core.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:54 AM   #47
Davy_Baby9

I guess we can stop worrying about being sales numbers king. haha
Old 08-22-2015, 09:57 AM   #48
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
A few things...

The GTPP is 35,000 and change, not 37+ It only reaches into the upper 30's if you put it on a premium.

I personally find the new SS to be overpriced in that if you're wanting an automatic SS your base entry price is $39,000.

At that price you can get a GTPP with heated and cooled seats, etc or a GT Automatic premium with the 3.55 gears.

To a brand loyalist the price difference isn't going to be a huge issue, but to John and Jane Q Public it WILL BE. They're going to see the $4,000 price difference and get turned off. They won't care about 1LE like performance, they won't even know what a 1LE is. They won't care about Brembos on all 4 corners especially since it's going to spend it's entire life on the streets where the GT'S standard braked are more than enough.

You folks that are defending the pricing are assuming the standard buying public think about skid pad times, max lateral g's and such, but they dont.

If Ford plays this right they can do very well for themselves with this.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:01 AM   #49
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 View Post
People will say anything to justify a price, especially if they like and want to purchase something. If you try to look at this without being brand loyal, they are trying to price themselves out of the game. They should have made more amenities as an option, so they can say "Hey, we're priced the same as the Mustang" and then you can start adding them on. They did this with the Colorado and Canyon.

1SS - $36,300
BGT - $32,300

2SS - $41,300
PGT - $36,300

You can get a fully loaded GT Premium, California edition, with tech, audio, everything for $1,000 more than a 2SS. Start adding the tech and audio on the 2SS and you're climbing close to $48k.

And lets not forget the Scat Pack, which still beats both in HP (some people still care about that) starts at $39k and fully loaded with leather and tech at $44k. Not saying I care that much, I'll probably get the Camaro, but from the other forums I'm on, at this price point, the majority of the people that were interested are now putting more thought in other options as well.
Difference is the loaded Mustang doesn't have anything the 2SS doesn't. Navigation I guess, which is a 500 dollar option on Camaro.

To get the 48k Camaro, you're adding NPP, MRC, sunroof, and an auto. Three of those things aren't even available on the Mustang.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:05 AM   #50
Davy_Baby9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
A few things...

The GTPP is 35,000 and change, not 37+ It only reaches into the upper 30's if you put it on a premium.

I personally find the new SS to be overpriced in that if you're wanting an automatic SS your base entry price is $39,000.

At that price you can get a GTPP with heated and cooled seats, etc or a GT Automatic premium with the 3.55 gears.

To a brand loyalist the price difference isn't going to be a huge issue, but to John and Jane Q Public it WILL BE. They're going to see the $4,000 price difference and get turned off. They won't care about 1LE like performance, they won't even know what a 1LE is. They won't care about Brembos on all 4 corners especially since it's going to spend it's entire life on the streets where the GT'S standard braked are more than enough.

You folks that are defending the pricing are assuming the standard buying public think about skid pad times, max lateral g's and such, but they dont.

Somebody gets it.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:06 AM   #51
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
A few things...

Standard public will be buying v6 and ⁴ cylinder models. Mustang the way I'd option it is 2k less than the Camaro, which could be substantial to people, but if I like the car more, I'll pay the difference.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:07 AM   #52
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
A few things...

The john q public will buy the base models...and GM has positioned their 4 turbo as the base and differentiated it from ford's second tier 4 turbo...john and jane will have a better priced 4 turbo in the camaro vs the ford...time will tell who wins the sales.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:13 AM   #53
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
It's not just enthusiasts that buy V8's. But yes, we'll see.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:24 AM   #54
MrImSoFly

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting46 View Post
Remember, you guys are arguing 2SS prices. 2ss isn't where the numbers come from, neither is 1ss.

Can we get a comparison of the 2Lt vs the ford v6, and the 2LT + V6 vs the ecoboost? that's where the sales war is going to happen
This is true. I can't wait to see performance numbers. I'm really interested in the MPG for the V6 now that they've added active fuel management. If it gets better mileage than the ecoboost then that will be huge. The V6 already had good mileage and I'm sure GM improved on that
MrImSoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:33 AM   #55
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonZ28 View Post
Honestly, if leather seats were an a la carte option, it would satisfy most complaints.

If I were in charge of pricing, I would allow 1LT and 1SS trims the option of leather seats for $1k. That's just my opinion. I think many people would just go for a 1SS with the leather upgrade and be completely content.
This.

I'll be spending 40K on a car with no leather, not happy about that.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:37 AM   #56
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonZ28 View Post
The assumption of those praising this is that because GM said it outperforms the current 1LE, that everyone will be okay paying 1LE pricing on the 2016. While some see the value, others will disagree. I can almost promise you if the 1LE price was standard on a 2015, GM would have sold less 2015 models. It's simple math, really. The more something costs, the less it will sell.

People can rationalize the pricing to however it makes sense to themselves. But, the fact that it isn't immediately apparent to many is a scary situation. I guarantee Ford likes the price of the 2016 Camaro. It will sell them more Mustangs.
Let's remove the 1LE from the picture as in my defense I haven't even mentioned the 1LE.

But, the 2015 2SS on the Chevrolet website as we speak now has a price discount on it. Yes the 2016 model year is priced higher but it is mainly due to the added standard features that are now standard and not things you can add on.

Most users who think the price is to high are not factoring that in. On top of that. The Mustang fully loaded doesn't off what the 2SS offers in optional or upgradable options.

Looking at history, Mustang has always sold more cars because they have always had a wide range of options to cater to the mass market. It has only been since the Gen5 that Chevy took the lead with Camaro.

I honestly do not think Mustang is going to sustain a lead. The amount of cars they are selling MO they is hardly higher than the current Camaro and we all know those sales have dropped due to a new car coming.

As production moves forward and Chevy locks in their process, I guarantee more items will become optional so potential buys can add and remove things to the 2SS and 1SS. It's all about flexibility. GM did it with the Vette, they will do it here also.

But stepping back, GM's new 2016 Camaro offers more for a higher price. Yes a Mustang and Challenger can get close to it when you add items and rack up the charges on that side. But even than, they do not offer everything the Camaro has stock or with options.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote