Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-22-2015, 08:56 AM   #1
ClarityCamaro

Drives: 2013 black zl1
Might be saying bye to the zl1 :(

Long story short I absolutely love my zl1 but I fell in love with a corvette z51 3lt such a hard choice :( help me camaro5 I know this is a "Camaro" forum just want some realist to chime in here

Wow I missed the "e" in by"e" haven't had my coffee this morning fellows lol
ClarityCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:04 AM   #2
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
If you don't need a back seat I say go for it. Corvettes are Chevy's top dog.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:06 AM   #3
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
You have decide which you want more. I really like my Camaro from the ground up, but my Corvette will always be my first choice. That's me, I'm sure other's may feel the exact opposite ... good luck and either way you go, there's no real bad choice/option here
Old 08-22-2015, 09:09 AM   #4
ClarityCamaro

I have until 12:30 to make my decision I wouldn't need the back seat as I already have a family car for my wife and kiddo
Old 08-22-2015, 09:10 AM   #5
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Love the new Stingray! Been thinks the same thing for a while now. My neighbor just got a 2016 automatic and took me for a ride. He just broke it in so he is driving it hard and fast.

From a stop he floored it, and wow the Bang you hear from each gear shift, which is lightening fast, way faster shifts than a manual, the sound is awesome. Took it to 121 then he slammed on the brakes back to zero.

Sitting inside you feel like you're in a cockpit, the center console is high, and love that passenger handle on the center console, which I grabbed just out of instinct at full throttle.

Also love the front camera, no curb rash problems when parking, and she is very low to the ground. All the technology is impressive as well. I can't see any reason not to go for it.

Oh, one more thing, i think he said so far he's averaging 26mpg. Anytime we were just cruising the computer shut down four cylinders. So it's really great on gas. And like I said, he's driving it hard and fast, flooring it any chance he can.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:07 AM   #6
ClarityCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Love the new Stingray! Been thinks the same thing for a while now. My neighbor just got a 2016 automatic and took me for a ride. He just broke it in so he is driving it hard and fast.

From a stop he floored it, and wow the Bang you hear from each gear shift, which is lightening fast, way faster shifts than a manual, the sound is awesome. Took it to 121 then he slammed on the brakes back to zero.

Sitting inside you feel like you're in a cockpit, the center console is high, and love that passenger handle on the center console, which I grabbed just out of instinct at full throttle.

Also love the front camera, no curb rash problems when parking, and she is very low to the ground. All the technology is impressive as well. I can't see any reason not to go for it.

Oh, one more thing, i think he said so far he's averaging 26mpg. Anytime we were just cruising the computer shut down four cylinders. So it's really great on gas. And like I said, he's driving it hard and fast, flooring it any chance he can.
That just made my choice a little easier thank you! Great info
Old 08-22-2015, 11:01 AM   #7
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
Having owned both, it's really no contest, take the Vette. I must admit that I favor the Camaro for road trips though, it's a bit more comfortable on long drives. The Vette is like a rocket powered go-kart, you think the Camaro makes you grin...

EDIT: On the Vette, upgrade to the best seats you can afford, the base seats suck!

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"

Last edited by The Patriot; 08-22-2015 at 11:02 AM. Reason: added info
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:12 AM   #8
nickster127
Black 2014 Camaro 1LT RS

Drives: 2014 1LT Black,NPP, RS, Tints
I was never a big Corvette fan (or challenger or mustang for that manner)... However, i see these new stingrays by me all the time and i really like how they look.

I love camaro's and if i won millions of dollars from the lottery i would still keep a camaro, obviously id upgrade, but i do not think i will ever get rid of it and not have it.

The only way i would not have a camaro is if something went wrong and i really have to get rid of it.

Its up to you man, atleast your staying in the CHEVY family
Old 08-22-2015, 11:19 AM   #9
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Easy stuff here. Keep Camaro, buy Vette. There ya go. If you can only afford one, flip a coin. Glad I don't have these kind of hard decisions to make. Good luck.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:25 AM   #10
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
The new Stingrays are a dime a dozen. In my opinion, you don't see as many ZL1s...I say keep the Camaro.
SteelCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 12:06 PM   #11
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Like SteelCamaro said, "you don't see as many ZL1's" I would stay with the ZL1 because one day it will be a rarity and you may kick yourself in the A$$ when its a highly sought after car! As for vettes, well their everywhere. Nice but to common for my taste!
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 12:48 PM   #12
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
I too want a new Stingray. I'd go Z06 though. If someone offered the me the right money I'd do it. That being said it'll probably be another year before making the leap and keep the Camaro.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:00 PM   #13
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
I too want a new Stingray. I'd go Z06 though. If someone offered the me the right money I'd do it. That being said it'll probably be another year before making the leap and keep the Camaro.

Jumping up to the Z06 is a 30K increase. OP said he's look'n at a new Stingray LT3, so sticker price w/the Z51 pkg will run around 75+K. I'd recommend the LT2, you can app gps using your iPhone.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:00 PM   #14
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Corvette is awesome but it would be hard to go from S/C to NA......

A Z06 I would jump on it a min.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote