Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 12-07-2015, 09:28 PM   #29
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
My 2010 has 35K miles and all I have done is oil changes. I even get it done at the dealer and they have yet recommended me to do anything else. Bought the car used 3 yrs ago with 11K miles on it. Seen some one posted about having the battery replaced. I am assuming mine has the factory battery. When should that be replaced?
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 03:41 AM   #30
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by witenite View Post
My 2010 has 35K miles and all I have done is oil changes. I even get it done at the dealer and they have yet recommended me to do anything else. Bought the car used 3 yrs ago with 11K miles on it. Seen some one posted about having the battery replaced. I am assuming mine has the factory battery. When should that be replaced?
I would say pretty soon. It's only a matter of time until it starts to fail. On my
'10 SS I replaced it with a Interstate battery (MPT94R-H7) even though it was
still OK. 6 years on a factory battery and your on borrowed time IMO.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:14 PM   #31
Soybeanrice

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
I just replaced my cabin air filter today. 20k miles. Cost me 33 dollars for the filter from the dealer. They wanted like 60-70 initially until i showed them it was available for 26 + shipping from amazon
Soybeanrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:24 PM   #32
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
I would say pretty soon. It's only a matter of time until it starts to fail. On my
'10 SS I replaced it with a Interstate battery (MPT94R-H7) even though it was
still OK. 6 years on a factory battery and your on borrowed time IMO.
Yeah, 6 years is a long time. Thanks for posting that in your earlier post to make me think about it, a battery isn't something I think about till its too late. And the winter months only going to get weaker. I will be replacing soon!
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:05 PM   #33
SnowyCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Chevy Equinox
Quote:
Originally Posted by nross33 View Post
So I'll assume nobody has done the 22,500 service so nobody knows the cost lol?
I have lol. But they tried to sell me on many things. Dealer is a business they are there to make money. You shouldn't need anything on the car. They will try to tell you you need a brake service. The battery test. Maybe a computer update. Anything, and if you don't know much about cars they will sell you on just about anything. Btw don't fall for the rotating tire either, we have staggered tires (Unless you don't have rs package) and they are rotational (well at least mine are). That was a another funny I had with the dealer when they were doing my oil.

Brake service is a bunch of bull, they wanted to re lubricate my brake slides for 300$, I laughed my way right out the dealership. I've owned a 2010 1LT for the past 3 years now. 130 000km. All I've done is the brakes (myself). If you have no complaints then don't let them change anything. Just allow regular maintenance and regular maintenance for an american car is fluids, oil filter and air filters. Don't be duped, this isn't an audi it's something far more reliable

PS the reason no one knows the cost is because it will be different depending on how much the "sales" person quotes you.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:13 PM   #34
SnowyCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Chevy Equinox
Quote:
Originally Posted by nross33 View Post
I have a full bumper to bumper for 8 years/100k miles and idk if I'll keep the car that long anyways. I have to follow it for the warranty.
Not true. You only have to do what the manual recommends, not the dealer. And any mechanic can do the work for that matter.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:40 PM   #35
FASTDIESEL

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 SLP Cosmetics
Quote:
Originally Posted by witenite View Post
Yeah, 6 years is a long time. Thanks for posting that in your earlier post to make me think about it, a battery isn't something I think about till its too late. And the winter months only going to get weaker. I will be replacing soon!
Mine is 6 years old and still cranking well. Yup, we're on borrowed time! I may look for one of "those" deals on Amazon, and buy just to have WHEN it dies!

Just routine maintenance. Only repairs in 118K miles:
Brake pads
1 front hub
oil pan gasket (powertrain warranty covered 100%)
13.244 @ 104.91 100% stock (#17).
Now - Mike Norris catch can. 245/50/19 Firestone Wingfoot A/S on LT2 black powder coated rims (square). 1 7/8" Speed-Engineering LTH, off road pipes, tune.
Now 12.93 @ 109.13.
FASTDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:41 PM   #36
SandEngXp

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS+, 2013 Avalanche LTZ
Mine is free. (Included). 2 year. 240000 miles. Except tires of course.;-)
SandEngXp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 11:43 AM   #37
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
I've got 65K on my 2010 SS. I've only performed oil changes along with air and cabin filter changes. This car has not been to any dealer or automotive shop since new. I haven't even changed the differential fluid yet...

Been through plenty of tires though.