Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-25-2016, 06:58 PM   #15
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Hmmmm.... I wonder if that is a Nevada thing or a GEICO thing? In Washington (State) they raise your rate for anything! At fault or not, a claim is a claim. I also had GEICO for many years, but I don't think I had any claims with them. Moved to Heritage because I saved about 25% (on 4 rigs).
Not sure if it's a state by state or a Geico thing, my wife's accident happened while I was still in the military and we were stationed in Tucson, AZ.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:15 PM   #16
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
Not sure if it's a state by state or a Geico thing, my wife's accident happened while I was still in the military and we were stationed in Tucson, AZ.
If you are retired, it may save you some dough by checking on Hartford (sorry, thought it was Heritage). It's only available to AARP members, but the savings I got FAR outweighed the minimal AARP membership.

I have never had a claim with them either, so not sure about their ultimate performance or rate policies.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:05 PM   #17
Reaper85

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Shit like that is the reason I have a front and rear facing cams. No honesty left in the world. If I hit someone even if there were no damage I'd leave a note. Sorry to hear about the hit and run tho. Lot's of bad drivers in the world that cant/shouldn't drive. Hope you can find the culprit.
Reaper85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:01 PM   #18
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
If you are retired, it may save you some dough by checking on Hartford (sorry, thought it was Heritage). It's only available to AARP members, but the savings I got FAR outweighed the minimal AARP membership.

I have never had a claim with them either, so not sure about their ultimate performance or rate policies.
I have AARP insurance through the Hartford. We have made some glass chip claims where it was repaired using the chip repair. Hartford lists these as collision claims and our rates have steadily increased. So much that I am going to look elsewhere for coverage. No other claims or tickets on our policy.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:15 PM   #19
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:

Thanks for the suggestion. But, since turning 55, I've checked out a few other insurance agencies, to include Hartford, and, with all my current discounts with GEICO, no one has beaten my current rates for the same coverage. Also, I've been extremely satisfied with how my claims over the years have been handled.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:35 AM   #20
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Insurance uses some of the most complicated algorithms in the world to set rates. Kid I worked with went back to school and it turns out he's some kind of math genius. I guess the insurance companies pay these guys handsomely...

I saved over a grand per year moving from GEICO to Heartford. I haven't had an increase except when getting a new vehicle. But like I said, no claims. Insurance is a racket.

Well, OP. Hope it comes out like new and your insurance company steps up.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:30 PM   #21
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilibustaRhymes View Post
Hit n' run #2 tonight when a bubba in a brodozer Ram truck decided to swing out to the shoulder in traffic then squeeze back in right on top of me and about took my mirror off - scraped all the paint off the edge. Got his tag, though, so he'll be getting a visit from the PD about it.

Geico is going to think I'm some kind of scammer. No claims for years, then two on the same day.
Brace yourself. Bad things usually happen in threes. Might as well get it all taken care of at once!

JMHO
Old 02-27-2016, 06:14 PM   #22
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
Best Dashcam is the KDLINKS X1 Full-HD 1920*1080 165 Wide Angle Car Dashboard Camcorder with GPS, G-Sensor & WDR Superior Night Mode

It also has motion detection as well. It reminds me of a Super GoPro. The picture is AMAZING and I have the GoPro too but this is far better! They're GREAT with Customer Service since I accidently dropped mine walking to my house and they shipped me a brand new one and told me after I received the new one to simply ship the one I dropped back with free shipping too ...

Thanks for that suggestion, going to be looking hard at this.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:02 PM   #23
kenw

Drives: 2012 camaro 1LT
Happened to mine this weekend. I didn't notice it until the next day.
Attached Images

CAI/VTC/Factory Gauges/BMR Strut Tower Brace/19" Avrus AV12 Wheels/Pirelli P-Zero Tires/RPI Designs Splash Guards/MRT V2.0 Axle Back/Vmax Ported Throttle Body/Jacfab Ported Intake Manifold and Spacer/Overkill tune/Phastek X5 1" lowering springs/Overkill Supercharger
kenw is offline   Reply With Quote