Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 04-12-2016, 06:25 PM   #337
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
Internally the muffler is different. There are explanations of that on the Borla website.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:56 PM   #338
Vad3r

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa@Borla View Post
The moment you've all been waiting for...

A couple of Borla Exhaust Systems for the 2016 Camaro SS w/ NPP were just released! X-Pipes & more systems to come! Stay Tuned!
http://www.borla.com/chevy-2016-camaro-exhaust-systems/
(See photo below.)

(If you signed up to receive an email when parts are released, you'll probably get an email today, but I wanted to let you guys know now! )
As a long time Borla customer, I was eagerly awaiting your product for my Camaro. I know Borla quality and sound first hand so I was expecting a somewhat expensive price point. With that being said, there is zero chance I can justify the 2,100 price tag. I know you're the best in the business but even you can't command that type of money for this product. Your price point is way off. That being said, 1500-1600 is a much more manageable expense. Especially when you figure in the 900 we already paid for the NPP option.

1100: 08/06/15 <STJR2Q>
2000: 11/02/15
3000: 11/03/15 <TPW:11/30/15>
3800: 11/30/15 <VIN: 129008>
5000: 12/30/15
6000: 01/04/16
Vad3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:13 PM   #339
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vad3r View Post
As a long time Borla customer, I was eagerly awaiting your product for my Camaro. I know Borla quality and sound first hand so I was expecting a somewhat expensive price point. With that being said, there is zero chance I can justify the 2,100 price tag. I know you're the best in the business but even you can't command that type of money for this product. Your price point is way off. That being said, 1500-1600 is a much more manageable expense. Especially when you figure in the 900 we already paid for the NPP option.
Most of have been saying that if you ordered your car not to get it with NPP if you plan on adding a system. A GM employee in the camaro club posted a pic of a yellow bee and we were down at the dealer that night we hadn't even been thinking of getting another camaro.. especially after spending money on TT kit and shortblock for a 5th gen. It's just the way it happened.. it came w NPP so we had no choice.. we had it out the next day at a houston car event. Reving it up showing it off saying it sounded good but we were expecting more. When the car came back from R & D and the driver unloaded it I smiled ear to ear.. I recorder the sound and sent a clip to the wife with in seconds.. I said you should hear your car " it sounds so freaking awesome now"...

I paid 895 or 995 for my borla 20 years ago that was a lot money back then with inflation it's probably right on par w today's price.

I see no one complaining about Cold Air Innovations 500.00 air filter.. It can be considered a waste of money as well even though it may add a few rwhp if racing a stock to stock(1 with CIA) it's not like your gonna pull them and leave them in the dust. we don't complain becasue we know this is one of the best CAI on the market performance and appearance.

Borla is no different the fit, the finish, and the sound is second to none.. we all have our preferences and budgets..

Hopefully we can get to dallas and meet up w Tr6 Turk 6..and you can get an opinion that is not bias from a free kit end user.. lol

One other note the 16 bee sounds better than 10 bee.. turbos killing my lope and Reving!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:47 PM   #340
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Most of have been saying that if you ordered your car not to get it with NPP if you plan on adding a system. A GM employee in the camaro club posted a pic of a yellow bee and we were down at the dealer that night we hadn't even been thinking of getting another camaro.. especially after spending money on TT kit and shortblock for a 5th gen. It's just the way it happened.. it came w NPP so we had no choice.. we had it out the next day at a houston car event. Reving it up showing it off saying it sounded good but we were expecting more. When the car came back from R & D and the driver unloaded it I smiled ear to ear.. I recorder the sound and sent a clip to the wife with in seconds.. I said you should hear your car " it sounds so freaking awesome now"...

I paid 895 or 995 for my borla 20 years ago that was a lot money back then with inflation it's probably right on par w today's price.

I see no one complaining about Cold Air Innovations 500.00 air filter.. It can be considered a waste of money as well even though it may add a few rwhp if racing a stock to stock(1 with CIA) it's not like your gonna pull them and leave them in the dust. we don't complain becasue we know this is one of the best CAI on the market performance and appearance.

Borla is no different the fit, the finish, and the sound is second to none.. we all have our preferences and budgets..

Hopefully we can get to dallas and meet up w Tr6 Turk 6..and you can get an opinion that is not bias from a free kit end user.. lol

One other note the 16 bee sounds better than 10 bee.. turbos killing my lope and Reving!
The point of NPP is to give the user the chance to go from loud to quiet.... Period.. the sound it produces is a added benefit that GM did for us.. But the MAIN price comes form giving us the valves to change the tone..
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:51 PM   #341
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Borla please go cheaper.. at least as a promo entry price.. I rather get this than rims!
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:21 PM   #342
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
The point of NPP is to give the user the chance to go from loud to quiet.... Period.. the sound it produces is a added benefit that GM did for us.. But the MAIN price comes form giving us the valves to change the tone..

Ya... You do know that my wife drives the BORLA with the fuse pulled, in track mode, with rev match on to an office job everyday with professional attire on... Maybe your just a Sissy and don't enjoy setting off all the car alarms in the parking garage... An easier way to put it the car is going in track mode like it was meant to be driven how it was designed to be driven whether going to work or to a car gathering on the weekend it going to track mode..... If you missed the announcement AL with GM said if you take your car to the track and it brakes it is warrantied so long as you haven't done any mods to the motor..

I figured the exhaust was going to kinda expensive especially after my gm buddy told me what his vette exhaust cost.. but like the camaro its one of the best cars I have ever heard..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:03 PM   #343
timmy8784
Drippin' Wet Auto Detail

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post

I'm showing the Cold Air Intake from CAI being sold by Phastek for $415. The only other intake i believe that is out right now is from Mishimoto which is pre-sale selling for $329. This is roughly a 26% difference in Price for paying for a premium product or as you called one of the best on the market for CAI.

Stainless works is offering an axle back NPP option for $990 whereas Borla is asking $2,100 for a similar setup. This is roughly a 112% difference in price. Most people on here are saying that would happily buy in the $1,600 price range which would still be around 60% higher than competitors products.

Everyone on here agrees you need to pay a premium if you want the best, but 112% premium???
timmy8784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:06 PM   #344
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy8784 View Post
I'm showing the Cold Air Intake from CAI being sold by Phastek for $415. The only other intake i believe that is out right now is from Mishimoto which is pre-sale selling for $329. This is roughly a 26% difference in Price for paying for a premium product or as you called one of the best on the market for CAI.

Stainless works is offering an axle back NPP option for $990 whereas Borla is asking $2,100 for a similar setup. This is roughly a 112% difference in price. Most people on here are saying that would happily buy in the $1,600 price range which would still be around 60% higher than competitors products.

Everyone on here agrees you need to pay a premium if you want the best, but 112% premium???
The SW is $100 cheaper if you get a quote from phastek or RDP store
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:10 PM   #345
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post

Yup $890 for a NPP/valved Axleback
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 04:04 PM   #346
timmy8784
Drippin' Wet Auto Detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
Proves my point even more!
Old 04-13-2016, 04:09 PM   #347
timmy8784
Drippin' Wet Auto Detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
I could give a F&^$ what your wife does and where she drives her car to and what she is wearing when she is driving the car.. The car was made to be loud when you want it to be loud and quiet when you want it quiet. Just because you and your wife have no sense of decency and respect to the people around you who do not enjoy having a v8 engine roaring every time they touch the gas pedal, doesn't mean we are in the same boat.. Some of us actually enjoy not waking up the neighbors when we come home.

So if me being a "sissy" means I don't enjoy being hated by everyone around me because I'm being the opposite of an obnoxious prick, like your wife and you seem to be since you so happily show off setting car alarms off every time your wife goes to work, then paint my car pink

And if you missed 3rd grade reading class you would understand that Al said the car would be covered IF you take it to a track and the car breaks while tracking.. Not that this car was made solely for tracking purposes and if you use it for anything else then you are using the car wrong, bud.

Lastly, learn how to use correct grammar.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:43 PM   #348
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Whoa, take American chill pill! Both of you...After hearing the exhaust, I'm happy with it for now. Maybe in a couple of years.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:01 PM   #349
Lisa@Borla

Drives: -
Hey guys,

First off, I'd like to say thank you all for your feedback. Our customers are very important to us and we want to make sure that they are happy. That said, the prices of our new 2016 Camaro SS (NPP) systems were not just picked at random... it took careful consideration of a lot of variables after many months of R&D. We ran through our numbers over and over again to make sure we accounted for everything, and these particular systems are in fact expensive to make. However, we took your feedback seriously and decided to take another look at our numbers, again, to try to figure out a way to get the retail price down a bit... I am happy to report that we were able to do so!
The new official pricing for our 2016 Camaro SS (NPP) systems are as follows:
Part #11924 - S-Type = $1,780.99 - http://www.borla.com/products/camaro...rt__11924.html
Part #11925 - ATAK® = $1,792.99 - http://www.borla.com/products/camaro...rt__11925.html

For those of you who have already purchased a system, you will be charged the new price, not the old one.

Also, our new 2016 Camaro SS (NPP - Quad Tips, but Without Valves) systems should be available for purchase on our website tomorrow so keep an eye out!

Have a great evening everyone!

Last edited by Lisa@Borla; 04-15-2016 at 10:11 AM. Reason: made a correction
Lisa@Borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:34 PM   #350
2016 1ss

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa@Borla View Post

Also, our new 2016 Camaro SS (Non-NPP) systems should be available for purchase on our website tomorrow so keep an eye out!

Have a great evening everyone!
Will there be videos available to view for the non npp exhaust?
2016 1ss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, borla, borla exhaust, borla performance industries, exhaust