Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 01-07-2017, 02:05 AM   #1
TheMaskedAce

Drives: 2015 1SS manual
Tuner?

Looking for a local tuner. Im located in Murrieta but ill travel just a bit for a great tune. I have a few bolt-on mods and need a tune badly.

Thanks!
TheMaskedAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:06 AM   #2
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Cunningham Motorsports.
Wont get any better than them on the west coast.
And yes they're busy and have a wait, but it's for good reason, and worth the wait.
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles | Mickey Thompson ET Street R 305/45/18 |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 02:49 PM   #3
Firebreed
Got Boost?

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6 SLP TVS 2300
Cunningham Motorsports is closest to you and they have had great reviews, I personally used JBA Speed shop in Kerny mesa.
Future Mods: 416ci stroker.
Firebreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:01 PM   #4
HAMBO

Drives: Supercharged 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
Cunningham. No two ways about it, especially if you don't have to take a whole day to get there and back like many of us!
SLP TVS2300, Edge CAI, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, HRE FF15's (20x10 square) with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
1967 Bolero Red 396 SS/RS Convertible
HAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:49 PM   #5
Livernois Motorsports

Drives: 2010 Camaro 454 LSX (SOLD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaskedAce View Post
Looking for a local tuner. Im located in Murrieta but ill travel just a bit for a great tune. I have a few bolt-on mods and need a tune badly.

Thanks!
Hello, I know you mentioned local tuner in your post.
Looking at your mods unless you have gotten to that camshaft install a company like us Livernois Motorsports can help you remotely using our Mycal device without the need for a custom dyno tune for a couple bolt on parts.
The car will run and drive a ton better.
We have an extensive library of combinations available to us from dyno tuned vehicles.
This does not mean we have remote tuning for everyone's cai's and mystery camshafts but we do have a ton of combos available that we do remotely support.
This includes some of our CNC head and camshaft combinations.
We offer our Mycal starting@599.99+frt.
this includes updates as long as you own the device.
Here is how the process works if anyone is curious.

-ships as reader
-you sign for it from Fed Ex man
-go out to car and plug in, follow prompts/instructions
-install program on you cpu (pc only NO MAC)
-update info onto that program
-send email request for tunes
-await email that tunes are ready
-update device
-go to car and install
Livernois Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:40 PM   #6
JSalt

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Id drive to SD/OC or anywere before using CMS again...just my overall exp though, others liked them...I didnt
JSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:18 PM   #7
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Thats what I heard too, but if I was close I would try out Ryne. Seems a lot more good then bad. I have used Ray at Full Throttle Racing in Fillmore and he has done awesome work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSalt View Post
Id drive to SD/OC or anywere before using CMS again...just my overall exp though, others liked them...I didnt
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 05:42 AM   #8
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYouOne View Post
Thats what I heard too, but if I was close I would try out Ryne. Seems a lot more good then bad. I have used Ray at Full Throttle Racing in Fillmore and he has done awesome work!
I agree. I had a basic dyno and trans tune done by Ryne Cunnigham. Both are probably the best in SoCal. Ray at Full Throttle Kustoms did my SC and he and Brian are awesome.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 03:17 PM   #9
GetYouOne

I just went down to Ray this past week from up here near SF to get my car retuned with my alky kit and as always did an awesome job! Cant go wrong with both. I personally prefer Ray at Full Throttle Kustomz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
I agree. I had a basic dyno and trans tune done by Ryne Cunnigham. Both are probably the best in SoCal. Ray at Full Throttle Kustoms did my SC and he and Brian are awesome.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:53 PM   #10
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
dynoSteve...
Old 01-29-2017, 02:02 PM   #11
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
Quote:
I just went down to Ray this past week from up here near SF to get my car retuned with my alky kit and as always did an awesome job! Cant go wrong with both. I personally prefer Ray at Full Throttle Kustomz.
You didn't use Josh of JRG and Matt of GP Tuning? Just curious, since you've mentioned Josh.
Old 01-29-2017, 02:35 PM   #12
GetYouOne

I have used Josh who does excellent mechanical work. Matt for some reason couldn't figure out my Alky kit for some odd reason, so I went back to Ray who initially tuned it for me. Made amazing #'s with the Alky kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveZ28 View Post
You didn't use Josh of JRG and Matt of GP Tuning? Just curious, since you've mentioned Josh.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:09 PM   #13
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
Quote:
I have used Josh who does excellent mechanical work. Matt for some reason couldn't figure out my Alky kit for some odd reason, so I went back to Ray who initially tuned it for me. Made amazing #'s with the Alky kit.
Really?! Wow! I grew up in SJ and have known Matt since the mid-90's when we both had 4th gens. Never heard of Matt being dumbfounded! Nice to hear you got it all nailed down.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:25 PM   #14
GetYouOne

Thanks! Not sure what happened other then Matt saying "I was blowing spark" but it turned to be something with the tune. He's a great tuner all my buddies go to him. Just don't go to Starkweather that was the biggest mistake I ever made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveZ28 View Post
Really?! Wow! I grew up in SJ and have known Matt since the mid-90's when we both had 4th gens. Never heard of Matt being dumbfounded! Nice to hear you got it all nailed down.