Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-24-2017, 07:47 AM   #43
GONMAD510

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom View Post
315 wont hit. I've had 3 or 4 sets now and not a single hit. 295 definitely hit and here are the pictures to prove it, any sizable bump in the road will do it:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...2&postcount=24
Is your car stock height? I am running the BMR 1.25" lowering springs and I was wondering if I would have rubbing issues.
Fast 850cc Injectors, ATI Balancer, 8.66 Lower Pulley, 2.55 Upper Pulley, Lingenfelter CAI, Kooks LT with cat delete pipes, Noweeds Exhaust Cutouts (extremely loud under full throttle), BTR Stage 3 Cam, BTR Platinum 660 Valve Spring Kit, TR7ix Iridium Spark Plugs, Lingenfelter Solid Isolator, 160 Degree Thermostat, Larger SC Coolant Reservoir with Hose Relocation Kit, BMR 1.25" Lowering Springs, MGW Short Throw Shifter, Racing Brake 2 piece rotors front and rear, Starkweather Performance Custom Dyno Tune on 91 Octane.

691.38 RWHP
630.35 RWTQ
GONMAD510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:13 AM   #44
Kylelein

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterboy8 View Post
Argh, this sucks. So I already have a set of MPSS in my posession and now I have to worry about both the front and rear hitting?
Put them on and see I don't know why it's not consistent I guess the only way to find out is to put them on
Kylelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:24 AM   #45
Kylelein

That pic is dope man!
Old 02-24-2017, 11:28 AM   #46
Kylelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 View Post
that little difference in width will make no difference with traction off corner. No worries and use the least understeering setup that you mention like the 295 rear/ 285 front IMHO. Once a little heat is in the tires on track, you will be fine. I ran a square 285 setup on my ZL1 and it worked great.
Have u overheated ur michelin pss on tracks?
Old 02-24-2017, 01:49 PM   #47
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylelein View Post
That pic is dope man!
Thanks, its one of my all time favorites for sure.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:13 PM   #48
Kylelein

Home many laps have u done to overheat ur PSS?
Old 02-24-2017, 04:50 PM   #49
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
By looking at ur build to definitely have the power to push corners through even with the 315s on! Do you drag only or road course as well?
Quote:
Home many laps have u done to overheat ur PSS?
It's not just the number of laps...

Aggressive driving style and track conditions play a big part of it as well.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:44 PM   #50
Vroom

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONMAD510 View Post
Is your car stock height? I am running the BMR 1.25" lowering springs and I was wondering if I would have rubbing issues.
I'm stock. It not really rubbing vs hitting. It will drive fine on the track or on smooth road. If you hit a pot hole, or bump, it will tag the fender and since there's a sharp edge, it take piece of your tire with it. The tires stick out farther then fender and the travel of the suspension is higher the fender too, so its really not surprising. It looks a little goofy too honestly. Several people pointed it out to me.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:56 AM   #51
GONMAD510

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom View Post
I'm stock. It not really rubbing vs hitting. It will drive fine on the track or on smooth road. If you hit a pot hole, or bump, it will tag the fender and since there's a sharp edge, it take piece of your tire with it. The tires stick out farther then fender and the travel of the suspension is higher the fender too, so its really not surprising. It looks a little goofy too honestly. Several people pointed it out to me.
Then I guess I will just stay with stock tire sizes.
Fast 850cc Injectors, ATI Balancer, 8.66 Lower Pulley, 2.55 Upper Pulley, Lingenfelter CAI, Kooks LT with cat delete pipes, Noweeds Exhaust Cutouts (extremely loud under full throttle), BTR Stage 3 Cam, BTR Platinum 660 Valve Spring Kit, TR7ix Iridium Spark Plugs, Lingenfelter Solid Isolator, 160 Degree Thermostat, Larger SC Coolant Reservoir with Hose Relocation Kit, BMR 1.25" Lowering Springs, MGW Short Throw Shifter, Racing Brake 2 piece rotors front and rear, Starkweather Performance Custom Dyno Tune on 91 Octane.

691.38 RWHP
630.35 RWTQ
GONMAD510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:12 PM   #52
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

I must also interject that my car has the track spec alignment recommended by Chevy and I've not changed it back to normal for a while now so this may or may not have some influence on it.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:54 PM   #53
Kylelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
I did experiment with running the GY F2 285's up front with the MPSS 315's on the rear during a track event and my results were that it was a little too loose for my comfort at the time. The rear would definetly rotate more easily with the added front grip of this setup and I may try this again now that I know what to expect from it.
So mixing GY and PSS is a bad idea then?
Old 02-25-2017, 06:42 PM   #54
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Quote:
So mixing GY and PSS is a bad idea then?
This setup is gonna be more eager to rotate so that's the thing to watch out for but other than that I would give it a try especially if your car is pushing since it's an easy expirement to conduct with tires and air pressure. This was my experience with my car on my home track so your results may differ.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:12 AM   #55
Enough Already

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1-M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
Ran the 315 and 295 setup with zero rubbing.
Same here. Currently running. No issues.
Enough Already is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:06 PM   #56
Kylelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
This setup is gonna be more eager to rotate so that's the thing to watch out for but other than that I would give it a try especially if your car is pushing since it's an easy expirement to conduct with tires and air pressure. This was my experience with my car on my home track so your results may differ.
And generally you put more pressure in the PSS since the've got softer sidewalls right? If so how much pressure 38 cold?

Last edited by Kylelein; 02-26-2017 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Typo