Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-04-2017, 12:49 PM   #43
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
It's hard to believe these sea of hard plastic interiors would rattle lol..that's a lot problems for such low miles sorry
Old 03-05-2017, 07:47 AM   #44
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Let's just drive em all in one big pile and set them on fire. That way we could do our part to save the world and its people from any more LOW quality Camaro issues.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:03 PM   #45
Everest

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 Rally Yellow Sun Roof
LOL it's hard to believe the internet troll, who has stated he sold his Camaro and then comes on to a Camaro forum to write about it, can make a 4 page thread.

You guys are awesome!

Everest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:09 PM   #46
cregship

Drives: 2010 CHEVROLET CAMARO SS RED
I think you should have purchased an automatic and a V8. Thus you would have enjoyed your purchase.
cregship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:21 PM   #47
partlowr

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
So you buy a car with a lot of power and a transmission that can handle it and you are surprised it takes more effort to shift it?

Go for a ride in a fully loaded ready-mix truck and report back.
Your old acura would disappear in the drum, like Jimmy Hoffa.
Ummmm, he bought a 6 cylinder, If you think that has a lot of power you need to get out more....my 2.0 L 4 cylinder AMG CLA45 makes 350 hp and I don't even describe that as "a lot of power" lol.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:52 PM   #48
kingz
Banned

Drives: The best!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr View Post
Ummmm, he bought a 6 cylinder, If you think that has a lot of power you need to get out more....my 2.0 L 4 cylinder AMG CLA45 makes 350 hp and I don't even describe that as "a lot of power" lol.
Hey , it might be a lot of power to him ..... What you might think is a lot of power is not even a lot of power to me and others. So you can't define what is or is not a lot of power to someone
kingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:17 PM   #49
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
79,000 Miles 7 years old. Does Rattle very little. (shifter)
Does not use oil, Change oil every 3,000 Miles, use Mobil one From day one.
Use 93 Octane Fuel
The only things wrong with the Car is The radio quit, Which I'm getting a My link to replace it, and the drivers heated seat quit this year (there is a Youtube video on how to fix).

other than that it's been a very good car.
Attached Images

Hot Wheels Emblems and Floor Mats, Morimoto Fog Lights, PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting & My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller & Paddle Shifter Heritage Grill, Manual Shifter Boot, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Hot Wheels door Sills.

Last edited by spyderbuddy; 03-05-2017 at 08:23 PM. Reason: pics
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:13 AM   #50
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr View Post
You need to get real.

A 3.6L V6 making close to 330-340 hp N/A (LFX/LGX) is pretty darn good. The operative word is "NATURALLY ASPIRATED". And, it does have a lot of power...enough to get you into law enforcement trouble real fast.

Man, we sure got spoiled by the power of today's engines, didn't we?

I can just see it now in some future debate, 50 years from now, on some message forum. "Your electric hybrid only does 0-60 in 1.5 seconds flat? Awe man, that's so freaking slow!".
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:25 PM   #51
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13LTLoveIt View Post
Not an asshole, but very disrespectful. The lion share of Camaro sales are V6, so if it wasn't for V6 production numbers Camaro would have gotten killed off again.

We are here to support each other, not put down each other. Rethink your avatar.

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:03 PM   #52
kingz
Banned

Drives: The best!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
You need to get real.

A 3.6L V6 making close to 330-340 hp N/A (LFX/LGX) is pretty darn good. The operative word is "NATURALLY ASPIRATED". And, it does have a lot of power...enough to get you into law enforcement trouble real fast.

Man, we sure got spoiled by the power of today's engines, didn't we?

I can just see it now in some future debate, 50 years from now, on some message forum. "Your electric hybrid only does 0-60 in 1.5 seconds flat? Awe man, that's so freaking slow!".

Right ! People used to think the 90's V8's was a lot of power but they had less horsepower than the v6's of today
kingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:28 PM   #53
Mudgett

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
odd,my RS is pretty near perfect.does use i quart every 5,000 miles .im guessing thats because 5-30 oil is very thin.never had any problem with the automatic trans.your old english teacher would be proud of your wobbly command of the english language,IMO.
A quart of oil every 5k miles? Whoa. IDK if that's normal or not, but my L99 doesn't burn or lose oil. The tranny tho.....they don't call it the slush box for no reason.
Mudgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:36 PM   #54
Mudgett

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
No comment on the avatar, dude has a valid point about the v6 keeping the model in production.

The emoji tho....that is straight up asshole. I don't think its your avi that gets you called an asshole, Its your piss poor attitude.
Mudgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:21 PM   #55
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudgett View Post
A quart of oil every 5k miles? Whoa. IDK if that's normal or not, but my L99 doesn't burn or lose oil. The tranny tho.....they don't call it the slush box for no reason.
heck,i dont know if its even broken in yet.no leaks but the oils going somewhere...almost 17,000 miles.ive put almost 9,000 miles since last august?
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 04:55 PM   #56
squids4daddy

Drives: ZL1 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert88 View Post
The interior rattled. The exhaust shirlds were lose making it sound crappy. The steering wheel was whobbly over bumpy roads. The engine burned damn near 1 at every 1k miles which some same is "normal". Oh man that transmission 6 so manual was BAD. The rev hangs were horrible. The clutch would slip if launching at 3-4K RMP. Guys let me tell you - I didn't ever abuse the car and I'm 99% sure the owner before me did not either. This car IS lower quality in my opinion. Wow the transmission was bad bad and the rev hangs.....Don't buy the base model guys.
I recently bought a 34k mile 2014. I've had a much different experience. Part of it, I think, I depends on your definition of 'luxury'. Your definition will come down to how you want to spend your money. I recently rode in a similarly aged BMW coupe. Many things about fit and finish are much, much nicer in the BMW. The woodgrain is lovely, as is the leather and all the nice touches. The paint is better, smooth as glass. But it also has 180HP and 200ftlbs of torque, compared to my 580/540 HP/Ftlbs. The 'luxury' of the BMC is far inferior if what you need/want is to hop into that traffic gap at 60mph.

The xmission on my camaro is far less 'clunky' than the one on my Volvo 240DL. That 240DL was, btw, a fantastic car. Now, granted, the Camaro transmission is nice the sweet 'snick snick' of my 1990 era Saturn. But the Saturn wasn't pushing this kind of HP. I suspect you may not be FULLY engaging the clutch. The Camaro has the deepest clutch travel of any manual I've driven, including a WWII era jeep. The clutch needs to be all the way in. When it is, on mine, you cannot feel the gearing at all, even a little.

i've driven some really trashy cars, and I've driven some very, very luxurious cars. Now, today, my luxury criteria is around what car gets me through 60 minutes of heavy traffic feeling the least amount of total stress. My camaro fits that bill better than any car I've ever owned.
squids4daddy is offline   Reply With Quote