Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-22-2009, 08:07 PM   #15
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justcallme61 View Post
That may be true, but you have to wonder...If all Cobalts WERE SS's, regardless if they were cheaper to make, would they really profit as much and sell as many as they do? It seems one of the biggest audiences of Cobalts are high school kids or freshly graduated. I'm not sure exactly what the prices of insurance are like for a Cobalt SS, but I've heard they're insane. If insurance is as bad as I've heard, I'm sure a lot of those high school kids wouldn't be able to afford one anymore, dropping sales drastically. The ones that could still afford one would probably be spoiled rich kids that treat their car with little respect and have little respect for anyone else on the road. Let's face it, teenagers are maniacs behind the wheel of a semi-powerful or more car, not to mention everyone else since they'd be so easy to come by, and insurance claims would go up, raising the price for everyone, allowing even less young people (the majority target from what I've seen) to get one. But that's just my opinion.
thanks... just like every honda driver is a ricer correct?? i live in a town full of poeple over 65 and everybody is scared to do over 25 and imo they're even MORE dangerous then the highschoolers the "powerful" cars at my school are the ones kept the NICEST and drive the best i can't tell you how many times i've been cut off and i'm only 17 and no it's not because i was speeding i hardly ever speed and the one time i want to get home after riding at the track i get a ticket for 10 over (there was absolutly nobody out there) and that's the only "trouble" i've ever been in and actually people give me shit for how well i keep my car it's the kids that get the "police interceptor" crown vics that think their hot shot's or the guys with the ridicuously loud trucks so just remember next time you see a kid with a nice car don't think he's a douche bag i catch so much shit from people for it oh and the insurance is pretty ridiculous
MCPOAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:36 PM   #16
Justcallme61

Drives: 2000 honda accord v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPOAJ View Post
thanks... just like every honda driver is a ricer correct?? i live in a town full of poeple over 65 and everybody is scared to do over 25 and imo they're even MORE dangerous then the highschoolers the "powerful" cars at my school are the ones kept the NICEST and drive the best i can't tell you how many times i've been cut off and i'm only 17 and no it's not because i was speeding i hardly ever speed and the one time i want to get home after riding at the track i get a ticket for 10 over (there was absolutly nobody out there) and that's the only "trouble" i've ever been in and actually people give me shit for how well i keep my car it's the kids that get the "police interceptor" crown vics that think their hot shot's or the guys with the ridicuously loud trucks so just remember next time you see a kid with a nice car don't think he's a douche bag i catch so much shit from people for it oh and the insurance is pretty ridiculous
Hey! You must live in Sioux Falls! :P. Sorry, no offense meant. Of course there are always exceptions. I'm only 20 and, not to be cocky or conceited, but I'm one of the best drivers around haha. But then again I only have a 200 hp sedan with non-existant torque, although I did have a foxbody Mustang with a few mods that could get with it. And even though my car is only worth 5-6k, I am more anal about it than most people with new cars, so I know what you mean. I agree about the old people, though, they are the ridiculous ones.
Justcallme61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #17
Justcallme61

Quote:
Oh, and yes, yes they are! :P. Around here anyway...
Old 09-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #18
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
Quote:
sorry rb25det and rb26dett>2jzgte
lol no way haha.

RB25 is a POS, now the rb26 i love, but still not as good as the the 2J.
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #19
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon

old but funny
Old 09-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #20
BumbleDs

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS TF Edition
I still think that the Northstar doesnt get the credit it deserves.
BumbleDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:13 PM   #21
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Sadly u guys are missing one of the best enginered motors of all time.
that is Mazda's RENESIS rotary motor.
the b13 rotary has won loads of awards for its one of a kind design, sure it may not be the most powerful/ fuel efficent but than again no one else has tried to make one.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:51 PM   #22
Bungo
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to Bungo
I was going to say the Mazda Rotary and the older VW boxer engine, the flat 4 air cooled and its decendents in the porsche flat 6 and the Subaru flat 4's and 6's are some of the greatest engines. the VW aircooled is probably the second or third most modified engine in history after the 350 and fords V8. It has been used in everything from cars, boats, motorcycles and airplanes. oh and people will make upwards of 6 -7 hundred horse or more with an engine that was originally designed for 36 horse

and the wife says I have to be patient while she gets dressed
Bungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:49 PM   #23
MCPOAJ

Quote:
Hey! You must live in Sioux Falls! :P. Sorry, no offense meant. Of course there are always exceptions. I'm only 20 and, not to be cocky or conceited, but I'm one of the best drivers around haha. But then again I only have a 200 hp sedan with non-existant torque, although I did have a foxbody Mustang with a few mods that could get with it. And even though my car is only worth 5-6k, I am more anal about it than most people with new cars, so I know what you mean. I agree about the old people, though, they are the ridiculous ones.
lol sorry if i sounded like a dick i was pissed from football practice but... funny thing is... i've been to sioux falls south dakota MANY times i actually have lot's of family there

Quote:
Oh, and yes, yes they are! :P. Around here anyway...
Read ^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpball44 View Post
lol no way haha.

RB25 is a POS, now the rb26 i love, but still not as good as the the 2J.
Please explain how the RB25 is a pos my friend is doing a swap into a 240sx with one and i need a reason for him to get the RB26 and imo the 26 is the best :p lol so SUCK IT!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #24
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
No 8500rpm 4.0L 415 hp V8?!?
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:36 PM   #25
John Farnen

Drives: 1969 RSSS Convertable
Lot of good motors in your bunch, but the 3.8 is the best V-6 overall, all the small block Chevys 283, 327, 350 are great, 351 Cleveland, old chrysler 383, just to name a few. There are good motors from across the pond, but you can't beat the small block Chevys for dependability, ease of modification, cost to modify, availibility of parts. From rat rods, customs,to short tracks, the Chevy SB is King.
John Farnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:45 AM   #26
Justcallme61

Quote:
lol sorry if i sounded like a dick i was pissed from football practice but... funny thing is... i've been to sioux falls south dakota MANY times i actually have lot's of family there
No way! Small world. How often ya come up here?

And about the Renesis - it may be unique, but I don't see how it's one of the best engines ever made. It's got it's ups and downs, but overall it doesn't offer a whole lot. Torque is very much lacking, fuel efficiency is disappointing, and it burns oil by design. I'm actually not too sure of the ups other than a high redline, although I'm sure it's got some, I'm not a huge RX fan. I think they may handle large amounts of boost but I could just be making that up too. Maybe someone else could help me out here.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:54 AM   #27
MCPOAJ

Quote:
No way! Small world. How often ya come up here?

And about the Renesis - it may be unique, but I don't see how it's one of the best engines ever made. It's got it's ups and downs, but overall it doesn't offer a whole lot. Torque is very much lacking, fuel efficiency is disappointing, and it burns oil by design. I'm actually not too sure of the ups other than a high redline, although I'm sure it's got some, I'm not a huge RX fan. I think they may handle large amounts of boost but I could just be making that up too. Maybe someone else could help me out here.
Depends on the situation last time i was up there was in june at a wedding and the time before that i was there in december lol
Old 09-24-2009, 03:34 PM   #28
canadian ss
Psycho on day pass

Drives: 2010 yellow 1ss m6 -GM tech
How about GM"s 3800. NA, super charged or turbo, good engine.
canadian ss is offline   Reply With Quote