Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - California

AWE Tuning

Old 05-06-2017, 09:50 AM   #1
SSnakeEater

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Bay area Camaros and Coffee???

Not sure this is in the right section but I was wondering what kind of interest there might be in doing a Camaros and Coffee here in the Bay Area. I know they have an awesome turnout in SoCal but I can't justify making the trip.
SSnakeEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 09:50 AM   #2
Rockmonstir

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
You have my attention.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:20 AM   #3
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490213

Just saw this in the California Regional section.

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:37 PM   #4
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
They should really have something in the Bay Area where people actually live. Danville is out in the boonies, hardly the Bay Area lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2017, 06:03 PM   #5
godeepdown
Jeremy Frye

Drives: 2016 Hyper blue 1SS
It would be awesome to do, but it is alot of work to set something like that up. Finding a place to have it and enough people to do the work would be very hard.
godeepdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:59 AM   #6
Cali85SS

Drives: Black 2016 SS
Ya, like it was mentioned before, a lot of work to set something that this up. Maybe LethalCamaro can work some magic and bring his contacts North :P
Cali85SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:19 PM   #7
PackersFan26

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
I have a place to meet guys. its in sacramento
PackersFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:04 PM   #8
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackersFan26 View Post
I have a place to meet guys. its in sacramento
The last time I checked, Sacramento is NOT in the Bay Area. Just sayin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke.Malvo View Post
They should really have something in the Bay Area where people actually live. Danville is out in the boonies, hardly the Bay Area lol
Danville, however, most certainly is.
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 01:33 PM   #9
godeepdown
Jeremy Frye

That seems to be a big issue with Camaro owners, alot of them don't like to drive. We do alot of events and have great members who love to put miles on their cars, but not enough to do a huge Camaros and Coffee event.

If we get stuck on where to have it then we are done before we start. If we could find a good place in Sac. that we have permission to use, that could hold all of the cars, that we won't get kicked out of, or harassed by the cops. I would say we use it. If people are not willing to drive an hour, then they really are not that interested in coming out.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:41 AM   #10
MANNAXMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by godeepdown View Post
That seems to be a big issue with Camaro owners, alot of them don't like to drive. We do alot of events and have great members who love to put miles on their cars, but not enough to do a huge Camaros and Coffee event.

If we get stuck on where to have it then we are done before we start. If we could find a good place in Sac. that we have permission to use, that could hold all of the cars, that we won't get kicked out of, or harassed by the cops. I would say we use it. If people are not willing to drive an hour, then they really are not that interested in coming out.
Sacramento is two hours away from the South Bay Area. But the distance was not the point that I was trying to make by saying that Sacramento is not in the Bay Area. If you were to drive from the southernmost part of the Bay Area to the northernmost part, it would take two hours, if not more. The OP was looking to see if there was interest in doing a Camaros and Coffee in the Bay Area, hence, my comment.

I attend a VW car show in Sacramento 1-2 times a year (however, my buddy usually drives). In addition to the cars, there are drag races, a swap meet, and vendors at the show, so it's more than just about going to see the cars. Having said that, I'd consider driving to Sac for a Camaros and Coffee gathering if I knew there was going to be a good turnout.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:01 PM   #11
PackersFan26

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
Sacramento is two hours away from the South Bay Area. But the distance was not the point that I was trying to make by saying that Sacramento is not in the Bay Area. If you were to drive from the southernmost part of the Bay Area to the northernmost part, it would take two hours, if not more. The OP was looking to see if there was interest in doing a Camaros and Coffee in the Bay Area, hence, my comment.
Just curious dude, do you have any place to meet? I was trying help our group out but when people like you bitch and moan that its too far, it kinda kills the vibe. maybe we can have a meet at my spot and you can just not come? howboutdat?
PackersFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 02:54 PM   #12
MANNAXMAN

Quote:
Just curious dude, do you have any place to meet? I was trying help our group out but when people like you bitch and moan that its too far, it kinda kills the vibe.
No, unfortunately I don't have a location to offer for a Camaro gathering. When was I bitching and moaning that Sacramento is too far, or about anything, for that matter? I simply pointed out that Sacramento is not in the Bay Area when I quoted your first post, as this thread is about having a gathering in the Bay Area. In my last post, I mentioned that Sac is two hours away from the South Bay Area in response to godeepdown's comment "If people are not willing to drive an hour..." just for information, and was in no way me bitching or whining. Did you even read my entire post? Because I indicated that I would consider attending a Camaros and Coffee in Sacramento.

Quote:
maybe we can have a meet at my spot and you can just not come? howboutdat?
If it's going to be a bunch of people with an attitude like yours (thankfully, I know that won't be the case), I definitely won't be there.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:41 PM   #13
godeepdown
Jeremy Frye

Now Now gentlemen. Lets play nice.

At this point I am not sure where we pick matters. We are the only ones commenting on this thread so unless more people show interest it looks more like 3 guys meeting at a Starbucks for coffee.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:00 PM   #14
Lemooreace

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, Black/Red
I'm in San Ramon. I see Challenger groups muster up at In and Out in Pleasanton and at the movie theatre in Dublin.

Meeting in San Ramon at the Safeway might be cool, have a cup of joe at Petes, then take the twisty San Ramon back roads into Livermore? Always a fun lil joy ride.
Lemooreace is offline   Reply With Quote