Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-04-2017, 05:35 PM   #29
Jason K

Drives: 2017 2SS 6N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiddy7 View Post
Why aren't you happy with it? Mine arrives tomorrow
I don't like the look of it. It could be how far it sticks out.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:49 PM   #30
fxdxron1

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
sto n sho

I have used my sto n sho for a year now and like it very much no problems.
fxdxron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:55 PM   #31
Sethman2010

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
I recently ordered and installed the ZL1 addons tow hook plate mount but like another person mentioned, it moves far too easily forward and back on the side opposite where the angled mount piece is welded.

I tacked a small adhesive rubber piece behind the top right nut and after a trip on the highway you can already see an indentation in the rubber. It's strange because in one of LethalGarage's videos, the ZL1 plate mount he has, there are two weld points on the angled piece that mounts to the tube. The one I received only has one at the very end? I sent ZL1 addons a question regarding this.
Attached Images

Sethman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:12 AM   #32
Oil Man

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2018 ZL1 A10 (RIPx2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
I was pulled over solely for not having a front license plate. With the Bug, a friend in his bug and I in my Bug were cruising around, not breaking any laws. We were young, 19-20. I feel like we were just being harassed. They didn't have any reason to pull us over, and only after looking over our cars did they write us up for no front plates, nothing else.
I got this ticket once when I was a similar age as well. Maybe even younger. We were all out at the street races, which had about as much social value as racing back in the day, more like a gigantic car cruise that occasionally generated a drag race, and a lot of police attention.

On this particular occasion, I had a motorcycle officer follow me for 10 minutes or longer, waiting on me to commit a moving violation. So I stopped behind the limit line and signaled correctly for every turn and lane change, and basically followed the letter of the law. At some point, he lit me up and stopped me. Told me it was for no front plate. I asked (respectfully) how he was able to observe this from his position BEHIND my vehicle. He didn't answer, only telling me that's what court was for. I contested the ticket, he no-showed, and it was dismissed.

I am sure there are situations and places where enforcement is so ticky-tack/petty that you'll see the police use the lack of a front plate for the probably cause for the stop and actually write the ticket... but generally speaking, I don't live in that place. So my plate stays off.
Oil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:41 AM   #33
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
I have no issues with following the law here requiring a front plate. I also have the stop-n-show, and am another proponent for it. Fits well, & I use the bottom attachment plate for mounting the Curb Alert sensor.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:01 AM   #34
oilgear

Drives: Camaro ss, Cadillac, Kawasaki ZRX,
I have used a vinyl decal on this car as well as my previous S2000. No issues.
Attached Images

oilgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:04 AM   #35
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilgear View Post
I have used a vinyl decal on this car as well as my previous S2000. No issues.
I personally have no issues having a front license plate on my cars because everybody does it here in Ontario. But I have to say man that's an awesome idea and I never would have thought about that and it looks pretty good
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 05:02 PM   #36
Nanas 2016 SS

Drives: 2016 1SS Blue Velvet Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
I'm up in the SF Bay Area. I've been running without a front plate on all of my cars since I started driving. I've been ticketed for no front plate on three of my previous daily drivers - 1964 VW Bug (lowered), 1986 Camaro IROC-Z (stock), 1996 Camaro Z28 (stock). With the two Camaros, I was pulled over solely for not having a front license plate. With the Bug, a friend in his bug and I in my Bug were cruising around, not breaking any laws. We were young, 19-20. I feel like we were just being harassed. They didn't have any reason to pull us over, and only after looking over our cars did they write us up for no front plates, nothing else. I'm still not running a front license plate on my 2016 Camaro SS vert, but I plan on going the Sto-n-Sho route, just in case.
Did you find the remote Sto N Sho for your 2016?
Nanas 2016 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 05:34 PM   #37
Lerch98

Drives: 2017 2SS black on black on black.
Having that sticker that emulates a license plate would get you a ticket and a moving violation: Forged license plate. I would think that you would be better off just not having a plate. An observant cop would definitely write a ticket for that: BUSTED.

These cars (mine especially) attract cops like a donut shop.
The sto and show seems like the hot tip idea; If a cop does cite you for no plate (this is Wisconsin -- a front plate state), you could just put your sto and show on, go to the cop shop and have an officer sign it off. Of course they know that you will take it back off as soon as you get home.

As we say, that sto and show is the hot tip. I'm getting me one.
Didn't somebody mention that you can get these from Amazon (on a previous thread)
Lerch98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:21 PM   #38
DanZ

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
My car came with the bracket that mounts under the front bumper same as the sto n sho set up. But it didn't come with the front part that the plate fastens to and slides into that bracket.

What I did get was this big ugly thing that they want me to screw on to the front bumper. I'm not about to do that!

Did your cars also come with that front sto n sho type bracket already mounted?

I'm wondering if I can pick up the front part somewhere.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:05 AM   #39
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZ View Post
My car came with the bracket that mounts under the front bumper same as the sto n sho set up. But it didn't come with the front part that the plate fastens to and slides into that bracket.

What I did get was this big ugly thing that they want me to screw on to the front bumper. I'm not about to do that!

Did your cars also come with that front sto n sho type bracket already mounted?

I'm wondering if I can pick up the front part somewhere.
Did you buy your car used? Chevy only provides the ugly "drill holes in your bumper" front plastic mount. If you did buy your car used, I'd contact the seller and see if they still have the mounting plate for that non-factory bracket.

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:13 AM   #40
DanZ

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
No, brand new. Had 8 miles on it after I test drove it.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:56 PM   #41
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
I've got the front bracket pre-installed on my 2ss I just purchased and I hate it. I'm going to take it to the dealer next week, they agreed to take it off as part of the final sale and fill the holes. You think it would look alright for me to remove it now and have the holes filled later this week? Any risk of doing that?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:25 PM   #42
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZ View Post
No, brand new. Had 8 miles on it after I test drove it.
Gotcha. Talk to the dealer first and see if they know anything about it, and where that mounting plate is. Or, you can take the bracket off and see if it has any branding on it to contact them for the extra piece.

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote