Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-07-2017, 07:26 PM   #15
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I forgot to mention..... And some people are bias.
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:25 AM   #16
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
You are correct... the SS 1LE crowd lost their minds when threads about the LT1 engine or exhaust topics that are strictly SS were moved to the proper place. Seems if you own a 1LE there is only one section to visit and to heck with everyone else that could benefit from the threads that are just basic SS stuff.

ZL1 and ZL1 1LE like Artos said have too much in common that is different from an SS. The I4 Turbo and V6 cars have a 1LE package too and are different as well, but like the ZL1 they haven't been out that long so the 1LE section has a long history full of SS related stuff. My thoughts are to move all the 1LE threads to the SS section and keep the models together whether they are 1LE or not. Much easier to search stuff out that way.

If it's 1LE related then just put that in the title. At least you will be in the correct model.
I personally think that it would be a disservice to current and future 1LE owners to just lump all of the 1LE related threads in with an SS or V6 section. In fact, I'm having a hard time seeing why anyone would have an issue with that section. A lot of people come to this forum for information before they buy and it sure is easy for someone to log in and see a 1LE specific forum when that's what they're interested in. Same for current owners looking for info.

If you're not going to put ZL1 1LE in that section, rename it to 6th Gen SS/V6 1LE Discussion.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:30 AM   #17
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
I have been trying to understand why the 1LE discussions are not moved to the 1LE section of the forum. There is a Camaro 1LE section yet only the SS 1LE discussions occur there. Shouldn't all 1LE threads be there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
The ZL1 1LE has a helluva lot more in common with a ZL1 than it does with an SS 1LE. Only things the "regular" ZL1 owners won't have is the suspension and aero. Whereas the SS guys are down an engine, trans, clutch, rear ends, brakes (I think), suspension, and more.
Quote:
ZL1 and ZL1 1LE like Artos said have too much in common that is different from an SS. The I4 Turbo and V6 cars have a 1LE package too and are different as well, but like the ZL1 they haven't been out that long so the 1LE section has a long history full of SS related stuff. My thoughts are to move all the 1LE threads to the SS section and keep the models together whether they are 1LE or not. Much easier to search stuff out that way.

If it's 1LE related then just put that in the title. At least you will be in the correct model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotfiles View Post
To be fair the ZL1 1LE is just an options package for the ZL1 as well. But I agree that ZL1 1LE threads should be in the ZL1 section since most members have gotten used to the 1LE section being specific to SS 1LE discussions.

I believe the reason for having the 1LE section originally was for more track focused discussion pertaining to the 1LE package as it was being released for the 6th gen, especially since there are many parts on a SS 1LE that a regular SS does not have. This is also a good reason why ZL1 1LE discussion should be in the ZL1 section since other than suspension, aero, etc the ZL1 1LE is mostly identical to a normal ZL1.

IMO it would make the most sense to move the ZL1 and Z/28 sections to the "Specific Packages / Variants" area that the 1LE section is in as opposed to being in the "General Forums" area.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
You are correct... the SS 1LE crowd lost their minds when threads about the LT1 engine or exhaust topics that are strictly SS were moved to the proper place. Seems if you own a 1LE there is only one section to visit and to heck with everyone else that could benefit from the threads that are just basic SS stuff.
Definitely. I think a few of us have made suggestions in the appropriate forum thread on this applying to other sub-topics as well. At the very least it resulted in ZL1 marketplace threads. What about fluids, engine, and other very different topics than the SS, etc which don't exist yet. Do you know the owner's temperature on that? Most of the suggestion threads go completely unresponded.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:45 PM   #18
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
V6 1LE does not share much with SS 1LE but they post there too with no issues. I like the section because there are many track-specific threads.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote